NEurope
MindFreak

Pokémon Direct January 9th 2:30 UK Time

If there was a "one last thing"-announcement at the end, noone got to see it xD. I doubt it was one though, but it would lessen the impact if noone got to see it during the live stream. Weird how messy this stream was compared to all the previous directs. Hopefully they'll figure it out until the next one. 

You'll also be able to acc...ess the eShop from within the game following the latest update, there's also some new clothing items added as a bonus for purchasing the season pass today.

That was the missing bit at the end of the stream, anyway... back to the Roundup article. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ArtMediocre said:

If there was a "one last thing"-announcement at the end, noone got to see it xD. I doubt it was one though, but it would lessen the impact if noone got to see it during the live stream. Weird how messy this stream was compared to all the previous directs. Hopefully they'll figure it out until the next one. 

The MD and expansion pass stuff are the only new videos added to the official channel, so I'd guess not? Would've been kind of funny if there were, though :D

On 08/01/2020 at 7:47 AM, Glen-i said:

Tell you what, you and Dcubed can make a compromise between more modern graphics and flat sprites and go Wonder Boy remake hand-drawn sprites.

wonderboythedragonstrap-b000.jpg?quality

Oh man, could you imagine? Never gonna happen though.

Think you could say "called it", then?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, drahkon said:

So old Pokémon are being added with DLC. Looks like we now know why not all Pokémon were in Sword and Shield from the start ::shrug: 

Called it.

18 minutes ago, Sofiz said:

Think you could say "called it", then?

I do quite like the art style as I did not expect it.

bzclpxh7pm8ddlumnd3k.png

I wonder if this is intentionally referencing the meme.

• Haha 2

content-4-36105-pokemondirect01092020rou

Pokémon Direct 1.9.2020 Roundup

Here's N-Europe's roundup of the event featuring the full press release and the video embedded at the bottom of the article.

Thanks to @Ashley for posting the press release so quickly :) I tried to get it up on the site faster but there was a little bit of reformatting to do is all.

(as there always is, whenever there's a press release involved but at least all of the information is there complete with all of the links) :D

Highlight of this direct for me? Pokémon Mystery Dungeon remake easily as I reckon I'll put some more time into these games now finally.

I like what they're doing with the Pokémon Expansion Pass though, as opposed to bringing out another entirely new version within the year.

A decent overall presentation, for what it's worth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's be honest, as soon as they announced a Mystery Dungeon remake I think we all wanted to see @Glen-i's reaction.

DLC for Sword and Shield is a much better deal than releasing the same game again just with more content so I'm glad they didn't go with an "Ultra" version but at the same time I think given how much content was cut for the base game I understand and agree with sentiments on how content that should have been in the base game has been siphoned off and sold seperately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really pleased with today's Pokemon Direct! If I'm completely honest, as much as I really enjoyed Pokemon SwSh, since completing the dex, I haven't really played much. I think it's mainly due to being a bit burnt out after playing so much up until that point. But I think also a part of it is that there's not much left to do unless you're into the competetive side of the game. Still need to finish working on my team, but I just haven't felt like it for a while.

But, having two new large areas to explore, some new storyline and 200 additional Pokemon is great news! Although, I hope there is more to these new areas than the existing Wild Area. Like more map complexity and actual exploration. The Wild Area in itself is great and I've very much enjoyed it, but there's not really much exploration there. It's two big flat fields. xD

• Like 1

What's up with the Triforce-Pokémon at the end of the Expansion Pass trailer? Pokémon x Zelda? Why yes, please!

I hope this update is substantial in order to warrant the price tag ($30) and will act as a third version (I guess given that they will come out during the fall).

3 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Stream is here:

3 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

Let's be honest, as soon as they announced a Mystery Dungeon remake I think we all wanted to see @Glen-i's reaction.

He's so pleased he's transcended the mortal realm.

Or he's busy idk.

• Haha 3

The DLC looks nice. One step closer to that MMO everybody says they want. I take it that the goal in the Isle of Armor is to find whoever stole the u from its name, then?

Mystery Dungeon remake... personally not feeling the art style yet, as the backgrounds feel very washed. As per usual, my admiration for its setting is completely at odds with the fact that I can't stand the gameplay. Might give the demo a whirl, though.

1 hour ago, Jonnas said:

I take it that the goal in the Isle of Armor is to find whoever stole the u from its name, then?

It's actually to find out who changed it from the original name; Isle of Amore.

• Thanks 1

Does buying the Expansion pass get you both The Isle of Armour (Armor?) and The Crown Tundra? :o

Edited by Sckewi

29 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

Does buying the Expansion pass get you both The Isle of Armour (Armor?) and The Crown Tundra? :o

Yes. 

That's great! Thanks for confirming. :) I automatically assumed each one was a seperate, (normally) £27-ish expansion lol. xD

Edited by Sckewi

I was pretty surprised by how good this Direct ended up being. The Sword and Shield DLC looks/sounds fantastic! :cool: 

Although I’m actually kinda disappointed there was nothing about Pokémon Sleep. :laughing: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Am I doing something wrong, or is PayPal the only way to buy stuff on ShopTo now?

Looks like they only accept PayPal for digital items.

I wish the Season Pass was valid for both Sword and Shield.  I know most people only have one but there's no way I'm the only person to have both.

50 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

I wish the Season Pass was valid for both Sword and Shield.  I know most people only have one but there's no way I'm the only person to have both.

Agreed.  There's no good reason why there should be two seperate subscriptions.