NEurope
Julius

Your 2020 Gaming Diary

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Sorry, won´t be able to make it . Some things have come up.

No problem, always next week.

I feel an apology is in order for my Super Mario Maker 2 criticism now...

I'm halfway through the story mode and starting to really enjoy it. I love the other missions that open up from the Dog and the Eraser Guy. Definitely more of a story than any mainline Mario game. Some really unique and cool ideas in some of the levels, apart from the "carry the stone to the end" ones, which can go to hell. I'm up to 50% of the castle built now and will power through to the end.

I think I'm at the end of Super Boat Game (I like my version better :heh:) and I just cannot beat the champ. I've used a restore point and I start the last race with one boost, whereas my opponent has 9. I can manage to pick up a few along the way (it's a 4+ minute race), but it's starting to annoy me how aggressive he is. On the Outrun style sections he keeps pushing me into the buoys, and getting back onto the track is such a pain because when you try to come back in to the track limits, you constantly bounce between the buoys on each side and it takes bloody ages to get back up to speed. Frustrating as hell. I much prefer the Micro Machines style sections. I have a fully upgraded boat now and have gone 19-1 on my run to the champ, but it's proving too difficult. Still one of the best games on the service though. Great graphics for a NES game and the soundtrack is lovely. 

• Like 1

Finished my competitive Pokemon team today. But I'll probably go into more detail about it in the thread itself.

Since Part 17 of Prime 2 didn't get any views I'm going to repost the link to it in this post:

And then immediately follow that up with Part 18

Elsewhere on Pokemon TCGO I hit Rank 3 for Water Daily Challenges and earned myself the Water Deck Box. Trying to trade packs for Zeraora-GX to put in a Pikarom deck but no luck so far.

Rolled the credits on Mario Maker 2.

Overall, I enjoyed the story mode. Some of the levels are truly fantastic without ever being painfully difficult, so it’s a nice challenge and offers something different from traditional 2D Mario games. I think I finished the castle in 5-7 hours all together, so it didn’t outstay its welcome. I still have a few levels to go through and do, so will crack on with them for the meantime. 

The music in this game is great, especially the new tunes and when you’re in the castle grounds. Nice take on the Mario 64 theme. Loved the credits sequence. 

It’s such a shame that 99% of the levels online (including mine) are trash 😂

It's been about a month since my last post so time for an update! I haven’t completed any games since my last post, but I have been putting some more time in a bunch of titles and I started something new.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PC)

After making quite a bit of story progress, I decided to do a couple of the DLC side quests first. On the one hand I want to finish the game, but on the other hand I’m still enjoying it too much to just blast through it. I know I probably won’t go back anytime soon if I finish it so I’d better just go for a higher completion percentage before ending it.

I finished The Pillar DLC and I’m now somewhere in The Forge DLC. I think those are the two I have access to now, and the rest requires me to progress through the story further. It's nice to have some extra tombs and graphically they are quite impressive. I love that my PC can now run this game on QHD with everything on ultra. So nice. :grin:

For the main story

I have just received the Guard’s gear making it possible to cross the guarded bridge in the Hidden City.

Paladins

I picked up the Battle Pass for this as I accumulated enough in-game currency to get it. I’ve played the game almost every day, doing the daily missions for extra XP and trying to get as many Battle Pass missions done as well. I think that clocks to about half an hour to an hour daily.

There are about 10 days left and I reached level 40 with that amount of playtime, of the 80 levels needed to complete it and to get enough in-game currency to be able to get the next Battle Pass for “free”.

Having the Battle Pass is fun, as you are constantly unlocking little cosmetic upgrades. The missions make you play some different characters and take on a different approach which mixes it up nicely.

But the grind to level 80 is just too much and I can’t see myself picking it up again. It is too much of a burden of having to play to at least get a decent amount of progress in it. You can still gain in-game currency through the free path as well. But I can see how all these Passes in games can be addicting, the constant stream of small rewards pushes you to keep playing.

Pokémon Sword

Not much to say about my progress in Sword. I’ve been slowly filling my Pokédex and dabbled a bit with the connectivity between this, Let’s Go and Home. Maybe first thing I should do is go after my legendary as I still haven’t caught Sword Dog!

Okami HD

Speaking about weaponized dogs, I’m about 10-12 hours into Okami HD and so far I’m still enjoying it. There are some small niggles, such as combat becoming repetitive and the fact that it is not always clear where to go. The bug is still annoying as hell. But the quirky humour, the feudal Japan setting, the realistic drawings of bosses you encounter, and the visual style are enough for me to keep going.

I heard how long the game is and that it drags on towards the end, but I haven’t felt bored in the first 1/3rd of the game so I can see me finishing this somewhere in March I guess.

One thing I should do is play this game on the TV with detached Joy-Cons. I’ve only played it in handheld mode and while using the Brush with touch controls works well I usually just use button input. I’m curious to see how it would work with motion controls though.

WarGroove

I planned on finishing Valkyria Chronicles first before starting a new strategy game. But Double Trouble came out and I thought that was the perfect time to start WarGroove. Loving it.

Take away the setting and it is essentially Advance Wars which is by no means a bad thing. The fantasy setting works well though, and having a commander on the field as a playable character adds a nice dynamic. He/she is pretty powerful so can cut through enemies quite easily, but losing him/her means losing the battle so playing too aggressive is tricky.

I finished the first two acts of the main campaign, and it is such an easy game to pick up for one or two missions. Add to that the Double Trouble campaign plus all the user created ones, and I think this game will get quite some playtime. In the future I really want to do a co-op or vs. game with someone from here, so by then I will call out to you in the WarGroove thread!

The only negative I have are the graphics. Or more specifically, how the artwork does not match with the in-game sprites. I dig the sprites (I still prefer the GBA/DS Fire Emblem style over the 3D style) but the character pictures are cartoony/undetailed and don’t match with the cover art. What’s also funny is that people are dying on the battlefield, but the commanders don’t seem to care. Hell, one side mission was a friendly match between me and another commander, but that friendly match involved killing troops and getting troops killed. Very friendly indeed. :laughing:

Kirby’s Dream Land 3

I know I have to play the game this week for the PodPals, and I played it for about half an hour last week after I started it a while ago. But I’m just not feeling it. I’ll see if I can plow through it, but I can’t guarantee I will finish it. And that’s strange because usually I love Kirby games.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’d be up for a game of Wargroove Vs, and the wonderful thing is that you can play it asynchronous, like a game of chess over a longer period of time.
Just finished the Double Trouble DLC, and will be talking about it during the N-E Café Podcast this week.
Also, Kirby was a real slog for me, too.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Kirby’s Dream Land 3

I know I have to play the game this week for the PodPals, and I played it for about half an hour last week after I started it a while ago. But I’m just not feeling it. I’ll see if I can plow through it, but I can’t guarantee I will finish it. And that’s strange because usually I love Kirby games.

There's basically 2 versions of older Kirby games. The frantic, fast-paced Kirby where copy abilities have multiple inputs for different moves that Sakurai popularised and the more slow-paced simple to grasp abilities that Shimomura favoured.

The Shimomura games (Dream Land 2, 3 and Kirby 64) feature a Kirby that's so limited in movement options that it can be hard to go back to them after playing more modern games.

Meanwhile, Kirby Super Star is a lot easier to jump into thanks to the freedom to pull off some high-level skills.

• Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

There's basically 2 versions of older Kirby games. The frantic, fast-paced Kirby where copy abilities have multiple inputs for different moves that Sakurai popularised and the more slow-paced simple to grasp abilities that Shimomura favoured.

The Shimomura games (Dream Land 2, 3 and Kirby 64) feature a Kirby that's so limited in movement options that it can be hard to go back to them after playing more modern games.

Meanwhile, Kirby Super Star is a lot easier to jump into thanks to the freedom to pull off some high-level skills.

Worth noting as well that the Shimomura games tend to be more exploration/puzzle focused and focused on ability combinations/modifications; while Sakurai’s games are faster paced and have more straightforward level design.

The modern Kirby trilogy (Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot) are kind of a mixture of the two; while Kirby Star Allies is kind of a love letter to the Shimomura games (both in terms of gameplay and in terms of story/characters).  The Shimomura games also tend to have a darker tone than the other Kirby games.

I’d say that the Shimomura games are more of an acquired taste than the Sakurai ones (or the modern Kirby trilogy).  I do like them, but the plodding pace isn’t for everyone; and the typically slow character movement is typically pretty frustrating.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

100%'d the story mode in Mario Maker 2.

It was fun, really interesting ideas in some of the later levels with frustration kept to a minimum for the most part. Has really made me think about some level ideas for the future. Waiting for the next challenge in the Maker thread.

Me, @S.C.G and @Vileplume2000 played through the King of Dragons this evening on the Capcom Beat 'em up Bundle and it was... an experience. I'm mostly glad they left the god-awful translations (including spelling mistakes) in the game as that provided a lot of joy. It was a mostly passive experience as we were chatting and recording a podcast for the YT channel at the same time, but the game is pretty fun. Five characters with different abilities, a levelling system and upgradable weapons. The gameplay is fairly standard, but the backgrounds can be quite interesting and change frequently (within the bounds of a "fantasy world" at least). The last level is tough, we all died numerous times, but it takes place on a Dragon's gold pile and the Dragon himself is an absolute hit-sink. Took a long time to eventually down him. The story was largely incomprehensible. Seems the Dragon wasn't posing much of a threat and our five warriors weren't out to save the world, but to just have a piece of his stash, which seems mightily unfair. 

There are definitely better games in this collection, but the novelty of playing with others saved this game from being something I would have given up on playing by myself. I have to say as well, with the three of us being spread out across Europe, the online was sublime. Not even a hiccup or hint of slowdown. Playing with the Pokken pad was a joy, as always. I really love this game, you can feel the love Capcom has put into it and there is a wealth of options for those who want them. Difficulty can be tweaked, lives continues, filters and the EN and JP versions for all games are available. Great stuff. 

I think I'd like to go through some more of these games (I've only done Final Fight solo thus far), so if anyone else is up for a game at some point, let me know!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Double post, sorry not sorry.

Finished Undertale today and... I honestly don't know what to make of it. 

I don't even know where to begin. One of the most unique games I've ever played, for sure. I loved some moments, despised others. It's equally wonderful and frustrating in many ways. I kind of want to go through it again (I finished in 5hr 50), just to see if I can understand what the hell is going on :laughing:

I can say confidently though that OST is superb, the humour is on point and it constantly surprises you, just when you think you've seen it all. 

A game I think everyone should play, but I'm not sure I really understand the universal praise it gets.

Will probably play through it again quickly and post more thoughts later or on the Cafe next week because I know Lee's played it too. 

• Thanks 1

Put another episode of Let's Play Metroid Prime 2: Echoes up, a game I should get back to recording sometime as I finished Torvus Bog in real time but haven't left it yet.

This episode is a big one, dedicated to one entire boss battle... one of the more notorious ones in this game imo and so the entire thumbnail is dedicated to it.

• Like 1

So after the customary period between finishing games and not knowing what to pick up next I have started playing:

Jurassic World Evolution (Xbox One): so was excited for this as soon as I heard about it as I poured hours into games like theme park and rollercoaster tycoon back in the day. Took a little bit to get my head around some of the systems but once I had the controls down I was having a blast. Highlight so far, releasing my first carnivore into its enclosure only to find I'd somehow left a gap in the fence. It immediately escapes but luckily I manage to tranq it before it reaches any guests! Have reached the second island where I didn't manage my cash well at the start so had very slow progress but got a handle on that now. Also have just made veloceraptors viable which I'm sure will only end well for my guests 😆.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Haven't played anything new (or at least new to me) in the past few weeks. Still busy with The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ and Dead Cells.

That is all :p 

• Haha 1

There @Julius! I've finished Chrono Trigger yet again. I hope you're happy!

Because I am, that game is just such a perfect short RPG. Frog is still the best party member by far. Stick one of the two Haste Helms on him and no-one can keep up with his great party heals! Awesome. Plus, that Masamune critical rate is delicious! Sure, he doesn't have any Ultimate level magic, but that's what Crono and a certain other party member is for.

The final boss only managed to get one attack in on me before I got it locked into a cycle of it reviving the other parts, me almost immediately killing them and then whaling on the main part while it wasted time getting the revive tech going again. Repeat until victory.

That said, I always wonder why Frog talks like that? The faux Shakespeare is great and all, but no-one else in 600 AD talks like that.

Spoiler

Also, everyone still calls him Frog even after he does the whole "My name is Glenn" speech before slashing that mountain open.

That makes little sense. Everyone who knows Frog in 600 AD knows he's actually Glenn, why keep that secret? It's for that reason I actually rename Frog "Glenn" in all my playthroughs now.

Also humourously, if you enter Lavos' shell with Frog, he comments that it's "even worse than Magus' Palace" which is usually fine, unless you happen to have Magus in your party. In that case, it just comes across as Frog taking a cheap potshot at Magus at the most inappropriate time.

Anyway, still a great game. I hope it comes out on the SNES online app so more people will give it a shot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Continuing with Metroid Prime 2 which I plan to resume playing tomorrow, here's another boss battle:

• Like 1

I kicked off February by finishing Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on PS4. As I said last time I played through previous releases on NES/SNES classic or virtual console so always had save states to fall back on, not having that luxury meant I had my ass wiped a lot when playing through Rondo but I probably enjoyed it more because of it. The animated cutscenes are super ugly and there is still plenty of 8-bit nonsense present in the gameplay but it was overall a really great experience, look forward to my first taste of Symphony of the Night in the near future.

A complete change of pace next as I played Florence on Switch, picking it up as soon as the port released. I love these kinds of short-but-sweet narrative games and it more than lived up to my expectations. There were more interactive elements than I thought there were, the art style was utterly charming and the story hit me emotionally - I can't recommend it enough, even if it is only 45 mins to an hour long. 

After such heights (and against my better judgement) I played through every campaign in Resident Evil 6 next. I had bought it on sale ages ago on PS4 but had put off playing it because of the fairly lengthy howlongtobeat average play time. Finally decided to bite the bullet and start it, expecting it to be total trash but determined to cross it off my backlog anyway. It isn't actually that bad a game, visually it holds up pretty well against RE2 Remake and it controls pretty well too - it's just a shame that the story and set pieces are mostly garbage. It's almost hilarious how un-Resident Evil it all is, the transition from atmospheric horror franchise to Uncharted-style action packed rollercoaster is astonishing, it's telling that the best moments by far are the slow paced exploration focused sections the bullet sapping shoot outs just get tedious very quickly. I do like that it has 4 distinctly different campaigns though and it's cool that you get to play as Sherry but overall it's a pretty forgettable experience, I look forward to never playing it again.

I wanted a dead cert next so finally played through Hyper Light Drifter (on Switch) - holy hell is it a good video game. It was a lot harder than I expected, a few of the boss fights took me numerous attempts and even then I only managed to defeat them by the skin of my teeth. Visually it is stunning, the wordless story is wonderfully fucked up and interesting and the music is great - reminiscent of Blade Runner. I find it hard to come up with any real criticism of the game, it deserves all the plaudits it's received. 

Rounded out the month by playing The Gardens Between on Switch because I wanted something a bit less intense and it was a bit meh really, it has some nice ideas, the story is cute & sincere but the puzzles are more tedious to solve than difficult. There were a few 'Oh, that's neat' moments when I figured out how to manipulate the environment but that's about as impressed as I was throughout the whole 2(ish) hour playtime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anyone who's played Metroid Prime 2 Echoes before hate Dark Pirate Commandos? Because I do and it finally gets me to crack in the below episode...

Skip to about 13 minutes where I may sum up in muted version the frustation some of you may have felt against this annoying enemy.

Also, the amount of times my Nunchuck has come loose from the Wii Remote is rapidly rising... been keeping count of it lol.

Been playing a bit more lately and went in and out of Sanctuary Fortress and back to Torvus Bog to get the powerbombs. Recorded four more parts because of it but due to the condition of my laptop screen I don't know how much more I can get out before the computer screen becomes unusable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

Anyone who's played Metroid Prime 2 Echoes before hate Dark Pirate Commandos?

I think I can sum them up with the phrase. "GO AWAY! No-one likes you!"

It wouldn't be so bad if the majority of them didn't lock the doors whenever they show up.

Shortly after finishing Chrono Trigger, I rushed through Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. 102% in just under 3 hours. I've done better though, Rickety Race was a poor showing from me, which makes it typical that I got through hardest level Animal Antics on my first attempt.

Game is still great, mind. But I've already gone into detail in a previous thread, so I won't go on about it.

Just passing the time until PMD comes out on Friday.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Feb is now over and here's what I played through.

Spoiler

1st Feb – Resogun (PS4)
3rd Feb – Super Ghouls N Ghosts (Switch)
4th Feb – Pilotwings (Switch)
5th Feb - Super Punch-Out (Switch)
8th Feb – Yoshi’s Island (Switch)
9th Feb – Goat Simulator (PS4)
11th Feb – Super Metroid (Switch)
15th Feb – Anthem (PS4)
20th Feb – Pop’n Twinbee (Switch)
20th Feb – Blue Shadow (Switch)
20th Feb – Eliminator Boat Dual (Switch)
22nd Feb- Snack World (Switch)
23rd Feb – The Sims 4 (PS4)

I finished my first game for March on Monday.

Dark Cloud (PS4)

ESKbq2wWkAAwdT7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I delved into my PS4 backlog and decided to give this game a go. I'm still on track for playing a JRPG a month (Phantasy Star in Jan, Snack World in Feb) and figured this would meet this months quota. 

I've never played both this and it's sequel but both of the games are very well regarded in various communities and I was eager to play through them both. I actually wanted to play through the sequel first, mainly due to it being a more traditional turn based JRPG, but I thought it would be best if I played them in order. That being the case, Dark Cloud was the one I fired up.

Loved it, which is surprising when I explain a couple of the mechanics that the game presents you with. First, the game features randomly generated dungeons, something which i'm not too fond of but i'm willing to let slide as long as there is no permanent death mechanic. Secondly, it features a weapon breaking system. This is a system that I abosltely hated in BOTW and I was worried that it would be the case here. Thankfully, I didn't mind it at all because it was done is such a clever way. 

Using the weapon means a weapon health bar will decrease but an experience bar for said weapon will increase if an enemy is killed with it. You can also bring along with you some repair powders and fix the weapons should they reach critical state. Kill enough enemies and the weapon will be able to go up a level and eventually upgraded. Kill more enemies and then you can actually evolve it into a stronger weapon, picking various weapon paths as you go along. This whole system really makes it feel like the weapon is part of your own journey and I done my best not to break them and keep them in good condition. 

The dungeon crawling aspect of the game wasn't too shabby either. You basically have to make your way through around 15 floors of a dungeon, with a new character usually showing up and joining your party at the mid way point. There is then a boss fight at the end of the dungeon, before moving on to the next area/world. Making your way through each of the floors requires that you find a key item and these are held by a random enemy. This means you have to kill everything one you come across in order to find what you are looking for. It's not that tedious at all because the enemies aren't that numerous and most have pretty basic attacks. After all, it was a very early PS2 game. :p 

One design choice that did become a little annoying was the character switching. During the course of exploring a dungeon you will come across obstacles that need to be removed. These usually require a different character other than Toan (main character) to do something in order to progress. To switch characters you have to open the menu and manually scroll through them all and then switch. This can become very tiresome, especially as the game moves on and you unlock more friends to help you out on your adventure. I imagine this was just a limitation of the time and had it been made in one of the more recent generations then character switch would have been done with a press of a button.

I really liked the town building aspect of the game. Many people compare it to Actraiser but i've never played that before and so this was a fairly unique mechanic for me to get to grips with. You find various pieces of the town scattered around the dungeon and you have to pick them up and take them back out of said dungeon in order to rebuild them. Rebuilding the towns will reward you with a few items and rebuilding them in the correct way will give you special abilities. It was a very nice change of pace and I found it quite relaxing, especially with the music that plays.

There is a certain charm to the JRPGs during this time period. I love the cartoony looking characters and the way some of them looked just reminded me of games like Skies of Arcadia. It was strange, even though i've never played this game before it did give off a feeling of nostalgia whilst playing it.

My final trophy that I needed for the platinum was an absolute ball ache to get. It required me to steal an item from an enemy but this can only be done with a special weapon. In order to get this weapon you have to hope a special chest spawns in the dungeon. Then you have to hope the chest spawns an item and not a mimic or clown. Then you have to hope that the weapon is for the character you need it for. Then you have to hope you that the weapon is actually the one you want. It's all completely by chance and if I had any hair left on my head then I would have been tearing it out when trying to get this trophy to unlock. I spent 3 hours doing dungeon runs on Sunday evening before giving up. I then had a crack at it on Monday evening and managed to finally unlock it on my first run. Such a relief. :D 

Yeah, I really enjoyed the game a lot. It's funny, I remember when the game was first released and a lot of PlayStation publications at the time were hailing it as the Zelda killer. It's really nothing like Zelda. Sure, there is a certain charm and atmosphere that the game does have in the town sections that I can see giving off a Zelda vibe but other than that I fail to see any real comparison. It was clearly all the media trying to fan the flames of the console wars, much like they done when Killzone/Metroid Prime/Halo were all pitted against each other.

With the game done and dusted, that was now platinum 375. Final Fantasy VII Remake is 5 weeks away and I would love to make that my 400th platinum. This is going to require some serious play time and special scheduling of games this month if I am to pull it off. I'm quite tempted to give it a go, even if it does burn me out....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Had no idea that magazines got to preview Sonic CD 9 whole months before its release... that’s probably where that new prototype release came from!! One of the staff working for one of those magazines must’ve nicked the CD!

Another great video from Splashwave as usual; learnt something new from it too! :D 

Edited by Dcubed

21 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Had no idea that magazines got to preview Sonic CD 9 whole months before its release... that’s probably where that new prototype release came from!! One of the staff working for one of those magazines must’ve nicked the CD!

Another great video from Splashwave as usual; learnt something new from it too! :D 

*points to Retro Thread* :D 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

*points to Retro Thread* :D 

Oh FFS! That’s what happens when I post while half asleep!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Oh FFS! That’s what happens when I post while half asleep!

Don't worry about. I did something similar the other week and I was well awake. :D 

Downloaded the Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo on PS4 but for whatever reason I haven't got around to playing it yet. Might do so this evening, it's only an hour long by the looks of things.

Uploaded the Chykka Boss Fight onto my Youtube channel, that being said the last few episodes haven't had any views so I question whether it's even worth continuing with this. I probably will finish it even if there are no watchers just because I don't want to leave it uncompleted and it's good motivation to help clear my backlog. Plus I get the excuse to make pun titles like this one:

• Thanks 1

Minit (PS4)

ESUy0B6WkAEQaR8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I once again delved into my PS4 digital backlog and picked this game to play. I bought it a while back when it was sale, mainly due to Bloodworth over on EZA really enjoying the game and giving it a lot of praise. I'm happy to say that Blood was right and the game is a great little indie game to play through.

The game has you play as a character who only has a lifespan of 60 seconds, hence the name of the game. During the limited time that you are given you have to try and get as much done as possible before you die. It's not a new game concept ( although it is new to me as i've never played one of these types of games before ) and it can seem stressful on paper but it's really not. You see, you can unlock new spawn points in the game, of which there are 4. Reach one of these and you will spawn there when you die. Also, certain key items that you acquire you get to keep, even after death. This means that any puzzles you needed to solve to get these items no longer have to be done and your time can be used to further the game. 

The game plays a bit like a 2D Zelda adventure, with sword combat and exploration being the main meat of the game. Like most Zelda games, when you get a new item this usually opens up another part of the overworld to explore and that's exactly that happens here. There's definitely a satisfying feeling that comes from getting that little bit further with the limited time that you have thanks to a new item that has been found.  For example, you will get an item that allows you to swim in water. This means that rather than walking all the way around a certain route you can simply swim across the river. All of these things are made for you to progress in the limited time that you have.

With each session/run of the game only taking 60 seconds you never feel frustrated if you make a mistake or end up getting killed. In some games you are asked to repeat massive sections when you die and this can become a bit tedious but with this game everything is so snappy that having to repeat sections didn't bother me at all. You can even kill yourself if you want to. Achieved everything you think you can achieve in this run? Hit a dead end? Went the wrong way and won't have time to go back? Simply hit a button and you'll respawn back at your nearest spawn point. 

The game is currently on sale for around £4 on PSN and it regularly goes on sale on the eShop. Definitely worth a look if you are after a fun indie game that you can burn through in a few hours.

• Like 2