NEurope
Glen-i

N-Europe Jackbox Party

So an idea that @Dcubed and I had was to get together a group to play some Jackbox games this Tuesday.

Simply put, we would stream us playing a selection from the 6 packs and others can use their phone (or any device with an internet browser) to join in and play along.

Even if a room is full, people can still join as part of the audience and influence the games.

There's a number of games that I think would be great for this streaming setup.

Quiplash - A game all about thinking up funny responses to a number of scenarios and statements. Your answers will be put up against another player's and everyone else (including the audience) votes for their favourites. Votes means points and the highest score wins.

Trivia Murder Party 2 - A horrific game where you answer trivia questions. Get any wrong and you get to play a game. Fail that game and you die! Don't worry though, it's fun! Only one person can escape, so make sure everyone else gets killed. This version has an option to filter out USA-centric questions, so don't worry too much about not knowing American knowledge.

Survive the Internet - In this game, everyone answers a simple question about themselves. Someone else than gets that statement and must twist it in a way that makes the person who said it look crazy or horrible. Biggest troll wins.

Guesspionage - A game revolving around guessing the results of internet surveys. The closer you are, the more points you get.

Fibbage - A difficult quiz where the answer isn't obvious. All the wrong answers, however, are lies written by all the other players. You get points not just for guessing the right answer, but for also tricking other players with your answers. Are you the most convincing liar?

I'm thinking of starting the stream at around 8pm GMT on Tuesday and playing a game for an hour before moving on to the next one. You don't need to watch the stream to join in, but it would make it easier to follow.

Would anyone be interested in joining in?

I know @Dcubed and @Ugh first aid would be interested, so that's a decent start. Also, we'll probably only be able to fit four games in before midnight, so it might be worth mentioning which ones you like.

Great idea. I would be interested, but due to time zone differences would only be able to join in the last of the games at 11pm your time, if that’s no bother. I’m not bothered what game we play either, all sound like fun.

Worth pointing out as well that you do NOT need to own ANY of the Jackbox games to participate! All you need is an internet browser of any description :D 

Edited by Dcubed

Worth pointing out as well that you do NOT need to own ANY of the Jackbox games to participate! All you need is an internet browser of any description  

Yeah, I don’t own any of the games, but interested to try them.

This sounds like fun. I'm kinda busy in the morening though so anytime in the afternoon is fine with me.

1 hour ago, Jonnas said:

That sounds like fun, but... Is it Tuesday the 31st of December?

Yeah, it's the only day we'll be available to stream the thing.

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, it's the only day we'll be available to stream the thing.

Can't make it, then. New Year's Eve is at my house, need to prepare things.

Good luck with the event, though! Hopefully I can watch it later :)

• Like 1

Where will we be able to watch the stream? And, what's the web address of the JackBox app?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, londragon said:

Where will we be able to watch the stream? And, what's the web address of the JackBox app?

Thanks.

I'll have to hand the stream details to @Dcubed. He'll know more about it than me.

The web address you'll need is http://jackbox.tv Once we start a game, we'll provide a 4 letter room code which you will enter to join in. (Or be part of the audience if a game is in progress)

• Like 1

Hi there, we're gonna be streaming the video on https://www.twitch.tv/dcubednmuffin at around 20:00 (give or take a few mins for everyone to get in).

We will have a mic on, but we will also be communicating through Twitch chat as well (unless you guys want to use Discord for voice chat?)

I won't be able to join tonight as I'll be finishing writing up a certain article for the main page and I did say that I'd do my best to get it finished before the year is out. ;)

But I hope it all goes well and that everyone has a good time though. :peace:

• Thanks 1

Not going to play haha. I don't even have a mic set-up at the moment. Who's playing?

Edit: I also don't have a Twitch account, but I'm there.

Edit: I don't want a Twitch account. I was mentioning it because I can't use the Twitch chat.

Edited by Sméagol

One thing guys, will the music stop once you play? It's a bit hard to understand you guys.

So is it just me watching (and therefore voting)?

Sorry if I mess up your scores haha.

Edited by Sméagol

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

So is it just me watching (and therefore voting)?

Sorry if I mess up your scores haha.

Well my friend just had to leave, so right now... you're our only hope until Ugh First Aid (or someone else joins)!

Edited by Dcubed