NEurope
Beast

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas, N-E! I know it's early but I'm feeling pretty fucking Christmassy and I wanted to share the love.

I already know what I've got for Christmas and honestly, I'm just too excited. I've been dying to create my own 'cinema room' out of my bedroom and I was toying with getting a projector or a TV. I went with a TV and my parents have very kindly given me some money to pay for some of it. I'm massively upgrading. I've gone from a 32" HD TV to a 49" 4K TV. I also got Resident Evil 2 on the PS4 to play as well as some new running shoes ready for my annual run on Christmas Day. I really want to watch 4K Blu-Rays (yeah, it begins BUT I'm DEFINITELY only getting a select few on 4K- my favourite Disney movies and Ghostbusters spring to mind but I need to know it's worth it before I do it). The TV will look pretty bloody big in my room, which is what I want and I'm going to be covering the walls with movie posters. It's going to look pretty epic once I'm done with it.

Okay, enough about what I'm getting because what I got is something incredible. My mom loves to read (as do I) but I've jumped on the Kindle train and she hasn't. Until the 25th. I've got her her own Kindle and have bought her favourite books on it. I'm looking forward to seeing her reaction because she really isn't expecting it. I've led her on a false trail. I've bought her the latest installment from her favourite book series, which always releases near Christmas-time. I've also downloaded the book on the Kindle as well. My Dad hasn't decided what he wanted and he's always a bugger to buy for because he'll only like it if he can use it in his life. He doesn't like novelty stuff so I'm giving him money. He'll be happy with that. My manager has got a Liverpool scarf because although I know he likes games, he owns a shop full of them so it's not exactly like I can say "here's something you already have 10 copies of", pmsl. He loves Liverpool though so I got the official scarf. I got my friend Raging Bull on blu-ray and some chocolates for his family and my other friend I got a Cinderella Latte mug. Her brother, who I've been training and teaching how to box, has a Rick and Morty POP figure. I wanted to get him something to say well done for sticking to it.

So yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS SLAGS! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Merry Christmas 2U-Haul!

Just arrived back in the UK last night, staying in a shitty seafront hotel in my hometown. The first room they put us in was an accessibility room, which is wonderful that they have but... erm... it was fucking filthy to put it mildy and I'm not sure how "accessible" a room is when theire a desk chair that doesn't fit under the desk and blocks access to the bed. I went down and asked very politely for a change. They upgraded us  to a seaview room that was larger but the bed  is a  single and a half, so, fun times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I returned home today (yesterday I guess as it's 1am) and my problem is always when my elder brother and stepfather's brother gets here. The former because of a long history (will put up with him but he's exhausting) and the latter because I just get a bad vibe from them and never feel comfortable. They're normally here 24-27 due to trains not running until the 27th but brother gets here tomorrow and needs to leave boxing day and apparently my nan is picking up and dropping off the other 25-26th so only really one day to deal with it all.

Although I booked my train for late on the 27th thinking I'd spend the day with my mom but she's at work 🤦‍♀️ 

Anyway, hopefully it won't be too bad. Trying to enjoy it, particularly as I won't be here next year as I'll be travelling - or even if not I want a London Christmas. 

Just spoke to my friend who is currently driving between Sydney and Melbourne to see his kids and I got them some presents (they lived here until October so I know the kids) and I'm weirdly excited about their reactions to those? Found the perfect gift for his daughter and I do enjoy gift giving. 

• Like 2

So a little early but Merry Christmas to all! Wow just from the sounds of the first few comments my Christmas should be much easier in comparison!  Hosting family who are travelling to stay at ours.  It’ll be fun, although cooking the Christmas Dinner always proved to be immensely stressful!  I’ve no idea how my Mum made it look so easy growing up!

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone!

Opened the presents from my family on Saturday - got a few games that are now sat in front of my TV taunting me as i can't play them until after Christmas *crying overly-dramatically emoji*

• Like 1

Happy Holidays, you lovely bunch.

My mom, my sister and her boyfriend will get together tonight and have dinner :) 

Already got some money from my mom which I will invest in a burger from my favourite burger restaurant next week :D Not sure what I'll get from my sis. She did drop some hints, though, so...maybe a game for the Switch :D 

Got my mom two CDs from a German musician she likes. My sister and her boyfriend will get a steak cutlery set.

Tomorrow and the day after my mom and I will have some traditional Christmas foods: Self-made potato salad and roulades :peace: 

• Like 1

OK, time to post hauls? Because here's mine.

sTxTN6I_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

From Top to Bottom, Left to Right, we have:

A cola-flavoured Poo shaped lolly (Obvious gag gift), a mug with a controller as a handle, another Boo shirt to add to my collection, a massive box of Tangfastics Haribos, a set of customised Joy-cons, a 5 pound Poundland goodies box (another gag gift), physical copies of Dragon Quest XI S and Alliance Alive HD and a copy of Guinness World Records Gamer Edition 2019.

Not pictured is a nice blue hoodie, a pair of Super Mario Bros. socks and 3 gorgeous Club Nintendo exclusive posters.

Pretty sweet, but I'm not particularly happy this year. You might remember that @Dcubed normally gets me some sort of gag gift, usually in the shape of some crappy DS game. Naturally, I play it because I'm a good humoured bloke and I can always have a cheap laugh playing some dreadful shovelware and telling him in some elaborate detail of what I thought of it.

Don't worry, he stuck to tradition this year. He got me my obligatory crappy DS game...

tl2ctWl_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

That's Christmas ruined then.

Unlike all the other gag games my now evil cousin has given me, I have a history with this particular game. I can say this without even booting it up later.

Sonic Chronicles is utter shit.

I paid 4 quid for this dreck a long time ago. Ended up trading it in for half the price after playing it. Still felt immensely ripped off.

And now I'm duty-bound to play it again thanks to the gag game tradition and relive the horror of playing a Bioware Sonic RPG that somehow doesn't even come close to mediocrity.

It's not even bad in a Sonic '06 funny way, it's just depressing. Because that company can do better and it could have easily been better. It's soul destroying, this crap.

@Dcubed has well and truly crossed the line this time.

• Haha 3

I'm happy with my haul this year :) 

sCrk4Ps.jpg

The Switch in that shot is the new model with better battery life.

I'm glad that @Glen-i appreciates his gag gift from me this year.  I look forward to his extensive writeup that he now has to provide for you all ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

I'm glad that @Glen-i appreciates his gag gift from me this year.  I look forward to his extensive writeup that he now has to provide for you all ;) 

He gets GALF, I get SANIC.

You'll burn in hell for this. And it'll be full of stock sound effects.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope it's been a good one for you all.

Been a quiet one for me, the missus finished shift 4 out of 6 night shifts this morning so we did a quick morning to exchange presents with one another before she went off to bed. We're getting together with her family on Saturday for dinner and presents and such. So bit of a weird Christmas for me as I've been awake while she's been sleeping but it's just meant time to play games.

As for haul, so far I've got the following:

Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Xbox One)

Portlandia Season 3 (only just started watching this summer and loving it)

Monstress Volume 1 (I've heard good things about it. Looks weird so it's up my alley for graphic novels)

Gotta Get Theroux This by Louis Theroux

Some cologne (Issey Miyake "Shade of Lagoon")

£50 cash from the extended family on my partner's side

I'll be getting more stuff on Saturday as my partner's sister always goes over board with, especially as I'm somewhat estranged from my side of the family after various issues over the last couple of years.

A weird but good Christmas, just wanting it to be the weekend to have a proper day of it with the missus and family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Merry Christmas all!

It's been a busy couple of months for me, as we bought a house in October and have been renovating it since. Working a full-time job and doing renovations in the weekends/evenings was quite exhausting, but the result is great. We moved our stuff over last Saturday, and had to hand in keys to our rental place on Monday. So before we were well settled in it was already Christmas eve and we drove to my parents. Went home last night and had some time to relax in our new house (watched Die Hard) and today is just unboxing more stuff until my parents in law come over for diner.

We said no big gifts so I didn't get much, but I had a lot of help with moving and renovation from my parents so me and my brother (who also had a lot of help from them with babysitting) decided they deserved a bigger gift this year so we got them a nice full-automatic coffee maker, the type where you can put whole beans in. They weren't expecting that so that was fun!

I'm just glad moving is over, still a lot to do but at least everything is in the new house so it's all mostly polish and unboxing. Not a bad way to start 2020!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas everyone! Although it's Boxing Day here it's still Christmas until early January. Christmas Day was spent with family and it was quiet but over all too quickly. I'm already back at work but hope to get a few days off after the New Year. I'm still quite old skool when it comes to sending Christmas cards and the whole thing sometimes gets too much although I do like sending them off. I have some New Year cards to send out including New Year cards to Japan and then I can finally relax and play some video games.

Best wishes to everyone at this time and of course for 2020!

• Thanks 2

Little late but Merry Christmas everyone. Is Boxing Day so it still counts. |

Wq40Wdx.jpg

Lots of chocolate, mainly from the children I work with. A couple of Lego sets, Mario,T-shirt, £130 of Lego gift cards and that blue bit of clothing in the back is a Mermaid tail blanket. 

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas!

Mostly got practical stuff this year but here's my gaming related gifts:

y4mescX8M4WtxCC3-BM61UUkj6Q1cDwgi-klUOM-

2 hoodies.

Got my original Mega Drive for Christmas so was rather fitting to get the mini version as well and some Sonic glasses.

That's an impressive haul @Dcubed

• Thanks 3

Merry belated Christmas, everyone! Had a lovely couple of days, got a bunch of cool gifts, most noteworthy of which a snazzy beret. Also, managed to watch Home Alone, Home Alone II, and Love Actually (the Christmas trifecta) all in short order, which is always a good sign. Today I watched Klaus on Netflix (lovely 2D animated film from a former Disney animator, highly recommended), and I should watch Frozen II later today, see if the hubbub's worth it.

And with that... make sure you have Happy New Year's!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a nice couple of days. Playing Resident Evil 2, in the dark with headphones on the new telly and I've never jumped so much! I'm about an hour in the game. 

On top of the TV and Resident Evil 2, I also got £70, a black Nintendo Wii and a huge bottle of JD from my one manager, I got a Galaxy selection box from my other manager, a JD tumbler and miniature gift set from my Secret Santa, a JD hip flask and miniature from my best friend and a £10 Primark gift card from my mate.

All in all, not bad going!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/12/2019 at 1:14 AM, Ashley said:

Just spoke to my friend who is currently driving between Sydney and Melbourne to see his kids and I got them some presents (they lived here until October so I know the kids) and I'm weirdly excited about their reactions to those? Found the perfect gift for his daughter and I do enjoy gift giving. 

He sent me a really sweet message on Christmas Day morning to say she really liked it and it was very thoughtful. Success! 

• Thanks 1

Merry late Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

December was a very busy month for me in lots of ways. We had our Christmas production and decided to go a bit further this time around by asking one of the parents if we could borrow some of his audio equipment, e.g. microphones and speakers. He runs a huuuuuge company that does some of the sound and lighting for some high level tv shows out there. Huge win! The play was a massive success. 

Presents wise, I've got a lot of chocolate that I've been working my way through. From @Eenuh, I got some lovely aftershave. Hugo Boss - Boss in Motion, and Bulgari - Man. She also got me a huuuge ET movie poster, which we're going to display in our music/geek room. My last gift was a guitar pedal, one that I've been wanting for a long time, a TS9 Tube Screamer Overdrive pedal. We only had a few days before we travelled to Belgium to see her family, so I've only briefly been able to try the pedal out. It's amazing! It has this gorgeous, warm sound on the treble notes. I really like it, so far.

However, after about an hour of playing, I somehow managed to snap one of my guitar strings. So, that was the end of that session! I managed to get some strings to arrive the day after we made it back to the UK, and I spent yesterday evening restringing, which wasn't that fun, tbh.

When arriving at Eenuh's mum's house, my laptop wouldn't turn on. I tried everything, but it seems like something got knocked on the way there or maybe the motherboard died. But, it's completely broken. Meaning that I didn't really do any work whilst I was away. Oh no! I've spent the last week or so checking out all of these laptops online and figured that maybe I would go for something a bit more powerful next time around, especially as I want to get into music production and making my own music. After hunting around, I decided to go for an Asus ZenBook 15, which arrived yesterday. I've had a lot of fun with it up until now and have also downloaded the free version of PreSonus Studio One 4, so I spent yesterday getting used to that and finding my way around that. 

Happy 2020 everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't post it yet, but no games for me this (.. I mean last) year. Got this thing instead:

lego_london_bus_00.png

• Like 3