NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Godfall (PS5/PC) — Holiday 2020

From Eurogamer:

Godfall is the first officially-announced PlayStation 5 game.

The "looter-slasher", which is also due out on PC, is published by Borderlands maker Gearbox and developed by Duelyst studio Counterplay.

Godfall is due out late 2020 as a PlayStation 5 console-exclusive and on PC through the Epic Games store. A Gearbox representative told Eurogamer you won't be able to play Godfall on PS4 at launch, and the game's Epic Games store exclusivity lasts for 12 months, but Gearbox may have further platform updates at another point in time.

So, what's Godfall? It's a fantasy role-playing game with third-person melee combat. Players hunt for loot as they fight enemies. You can play it solo, duo or three-player co-op.

"We're thrilled at Gearbox to have been chosen by Counterplay Games to bring their creative vision of Godfall to gamers on the PlayStation 5 and PC," said Steve Gibson, president of Gearbox Publishing. "As we continue our mission to entertain the world, Godfall is a perfect fit with Gearbox Publishing. Playing with your friends and gearing up are some of the things we love most."

Also, first sneak peek at gameplay: 

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Being mooted as an internal trailer from early 2019.

EDIT:

Edited by Julius

New Combat Trailer.

Finally a good showing of the game which looks a lot more polished now. I think this would be great as the free PS5 plus game at launch, would give the game an instant player base which GaaS, Loot games need. Probably won’t happen though.

It does look cool.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. Combat seems to have a certain weight to it, which I appreciate.

Gone gold!

While I'm not particularly interested, do hope players turn up. You can see the devs are passionate about this project, so it'd be nice for them to get some payoff! 

Sign in to follow this