Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I partially held a Series X controller this afternoon (it was clamped to a display in GAME so couldn't really get my hands around it, sadly :hmm: ) and I liked what I was feeling :grin:

I also have small hands but I really hope I don't smell like cabbage, @Hero-of-Time!

I think I'm starting to feel like while I may have a decent library of PS4 games built up that I could play on PS5 (which is what I was doing) but if I had a Series X is have access to a wealth of games that I don't have access to, such as Rare Replay and Halo.

I'm sure to cave if I ever see it in stock but I will almost certainly regret it :blank:

 

I had COD for both Series X and PS5 and I had to turn the haptics off on the PlayStation version. It was just way too much. It was really cool at first having the triggers tighten to resemble the actual gun, but when it came to using it I felt like it slowed me down so knocked it off. 
 

It’s part of the reason I got rid of my PS5. Any games that were available for both I knew I’d rather have on the Series X. Prefer the controller, achievements etc and there wasn’t enough exclusives to justify keeping it. In hindsight I definitely shouldn’t have bought one. 
But with more exclusives on the horizon, I’ll likely do what I did with PS4 and buy one for them when more are available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I partially held a Series X controller this afternoon (it was clamped to a display in GAME so couldn't really get my hands around it, sadly :hmm: ) and I liked what I was feeling :grin:

I also have small hands but I really hope I don't smell like cabbage, @Hero-of-Time!

I think I'm starting to feel like while I may have a decent library of PS4 games built up that I could play on PS5 (which is what I was doing), if I had a Series X is have access to a wealth of games that I don't have access to, such as Rare Replay and Halo.

I'm sure to cave if I ever see it in stock but I will almost certainly regret it :blank:

 

What will you regret more; the divorce or buying the console...😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

What will you regret more; the divorce or buying the console...😛

I definitely want the Series X more than I could ever want a divorce. Maybe one would lead to the other either way :heh:

Maybe I'll see you on XBOX Live at some point!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're not sold on the Series X; maybe it's worth looking at a Series S instead?

It's a fantastic little (emphasis on little! It's around the same size as a SNES, which is amazing!) machine that plays all the same games as Series X anyway.

If you don't really care about 4K? I can't recommend it enough, especially when you also bring backwards compatibility into the mix :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I had this in my basket early this morning but I managed to resist checking out..

Get yourself back there!!
200.gif

GiddyActiveAnt-size_restricted.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Get yourself back there!!
200.gif

GiddyActiveAnt-size_restricted.gif

I haven't heard the beep since I turned off my PS5 for the last time!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't mind me, just preparing for a certain upcoming announcement.

giphy-downsized-large.gif&f=1&nofb=1

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

 

It's done! after six long months I can finally rest!

Picked up an Xbox Series X from Argos online just a moment ago.

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone wanting a Gamepass machine, i.e. a Xbox Series S, GAME are doing an in store trade in deal where you can get a Series S for as much as half price or as little as £39.99 when you trade in various consoles. The deal runs out on June 14th apparently.

This is what you have to pay if you trade in the following hardware:

PS4 500GB - £99.99

PS4 1TB - £79.99

PS4 Slim 500GB - £79.99

PS4 Slim 1TB - £59.99

PS4 Pro - £49.99

Xbox One 500GB (original) - £129.99

Xbox One 1TB (original) - £119.99

Xbox One S 500GB - £99.99

Xbox One S 1TB - £89.99

Xbox One X - £49.99

Switch - £39.99

Switch Lite - £99.99

Not a bad deal of you don't mind going digital or if you've got a PS5/Gaming PC and have one of the older consoles sitting in storage. Tempted myself as I'm still rocking an original Xbox One as a Gamepass/media machine and getting it for half price isn't too bad. Shame you have to head in store but my local GAME, when I've passed in one of the few times I've been in town, has been dead with no one to be seen inside other than the staff.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got pre buyers guilt; finally some All Access Series X's in stock, and now I'm talking myself out of it, convincing myself I don't need it after all...🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I've got pre buyers guilt; finally some All Access Series X's in stock, and now I'm talking myself out of it, convincing myself I don't need it after all...🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

You are worse than @nekunando! Get the damn thing in your cart already and come and join the party!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

You are worse than @nekunando! Get the damn thing in your cart already and come and join the party!

I know, right! 😛 Not usually like me at all either. I'll give myself a talking to tonight and try and get on with it without dithering about it 🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I've got pre buyers guilt; finally some All Access Series X's in stock, and now I'm talking myself out of it, convincing myself I don't need it after all...🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I had the Series X in my shopping cart on the Argos site this morning but I just couldn’t pull the trigger either. :laughing:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I had the Series X in my shopping cart on the Argos site this morning but I just couldn’t pull the trigger either. :laughing:

You people disgust me. Just wait til Greg gets his sorry arse on this site. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nicktendo said:

You people disgust me. Just wait til Greg gets his sorry arse on this site. 

I take it he finally caved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I take it he finally caved?

I hope he won't mind me doing this, but here we are...

AiHbNLo.png

In reference to my post above: 

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re a nasty man, Nick. Bullying poor Greg into a purchase he didn’t want to make.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is he did want to make it, he just didn't know that at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Tick tock @Hero-of-Time. Tick Tock @Kaepora_Gaebora

Sea of Thieves isn't going to play itself.

 

 

1 minute ago, Nicktendo said:

The problem is he did want to make it, he just didn't know that at the time. 

I don’t think you realise what you’ve done. We are now going to have to read posts in the coming weeks and months of him complaining that modern games suck and nothing plays or is good as Wave Race. What have you done, Nick? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What on earth have I walked into here..? I wasn't expecting to see my foul language on display for the world to see.. but the rumours are true 😅

I don't physically own it yet as apparently it won't be available to collect until Wednesday but after the usual feelings or doubt, disgust and trepidation (standard day) I just went and did it.. and right now, I feel fantastic 😁

With genuine excitement for Mario Gold and Skyward Sword, it's probably the worst time I could have picked one up.. and then a third child on the way in August.

But you know what? A large part of me just doesn't give a FFFFFFF.........

 

Edited by nekunando
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

 

 

I don’t think you realise what you’ve done. We are now going to have to read posts in the coming weeks and months of him complaining that modern games suck and nothing plays or is good as Wave Race. What have you done, Nick? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!

Those posts will be coming regardless of my purchase of a Series X :laughing:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this