Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

Recommended Posts

Steam show no intention of shifting, so Sony and Nintendo will probably carry on. Publishers won't skip those platforms because of the percentage, as it's still hugely profitable for them. 
 
The only people that benefit from this are the CEOs and shareholders. No way will it get passed on to consumers or developers.
Exactly this. The only time you see Epic exclusives are due to paid exclusivity deals, not due to better margins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Map said:

Not happening it seems.

 

.. for now...

 

I reckon there's a very decent chance they will go ahead with it next year; as per the leaked plan document (and as they have just done so on their PC store).  Would be a real deathblow to Sony & Nintendo's third party support that Microsoft could easily absorb the damage from (thanks to Gamepass revenue changing the console industry game).

Edited by Dcubed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

.. for now...

 

I reckon there's a very decent chance they will go ahead with it next year; as per the leaked plan document (and as they have just done so on their PC store).  Would be a real deathblow to Sony & Nintendo's third party support that Microsoft could easily absorb the damage from (thanks to Gamepass revenue changing the console industry game).

Yeah true, wouldn’t be the first time a company downplays something only for it to rear its head again further down the line. It certainly feels like the industry is shifting this gen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's anyone looking to take advantage of the new slew of titles that have received a FPS boost on their Series S|X, Assassin's Creed Unity is available for £1.99 through CDKeys here. Don't know how long it'll last but for that price, its worth a punt surely, especially as its supposed to have been patched from all its bugs by this point and now runs at a steady frame rate. Hell, I don't have a Series console but I'm tempted to pick it up for down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

If there's anyone looking to take advantage of the new slew of titles that have received a FPS boost on their Series S|X, Assassin's Creed Unity is available for £1.99 through CDKeys here. Don't know how long it'll last but for that price, its worth a punt surely, especially as its supposed to have been patched from all its bugs by this point and now runs at a steady frame rate. Hell, I don't have a Series console but I'm tempted to pick it up for down the line.

It’s always hovering around that price, if anything it’s usually cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest? I'm getting pretty annoyed that the Xbox BC team is currently focusing on enhancing games that are already up and running well on Series X/S and are not bothering with getting more games actually up and running in the first place!

I'd much rather see them focus on getting more than the paultry 42 original Xbox games up and running before they start doing 120FPS enhancements of well worn games that we already have running on the damn thing!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more surprised that some of the games I've played on that list weren't 60fps originally. If the framerate has no notable drops I just presume it to be 60fps - as long as it's smooth, I just don't notice anything in regards to the framerate (I often set PC games to 30fps to turn up other settings that I can see, too). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Remember the other day when it was revealed Nike and PlayStation were teaming up to put out a shoe? 

Well, now Adidas and Xbox are too. More fuel for the console wars :p 

xbox-adidas-forum-tech-boost-gw2646?fimg

Quote

Adidas is partnering with Xbox this year for a series of co-branded sneakers, sources familiar with the upcoming collaboration tell Complex. The first Adidas x Xbox shoe is scheduled to arrive in June, with more to follow starting in October, but these dates are subject to change.

Neither Adidas nor Xbox has announced the project, but an Adidas document viewed by Complex breaks down the brand’s plans for the upcoming Xbox sneakers. First will be a promo version of a new shoe called the Forum Tech Boost in June (style number GZ3733), which will be followed by two pairs of Adidas’ retro Forum Mid basketball sneaker (style numbers GW7794 and GW7795) in October and then a release of the Forum Tech in November (style number GW2646). The schedule also references more Xbox x Adidas sneakers planned for 2022.

Nintendo x Puma when? 

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Coalition have confirmed that they are moving next (well, current?) gen development to Unreal Engine 5. 

Right now that means that they're only the fourth studio outside of Epic to do so, and the second from under the Xbox umbrella (the other being Ninja Theory for Senua's Saga: Hellblade II). Would imagine that their first project for it would be Gears 6, and we'll be seeing that UE5 branding a lot more come E3 next month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2021 at 9:33 AM, Dcubed said:

Well, Nintendo did the Vans collection a little while back...

FA16_M_Classics_OldSkool_Nintendo_Consol

Sony does what Nintendoes.  As usual

Nah I think Sony were there first

main%5D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Nah I think Sony were there first

main%5D

Amazing that Sony managed to squeeze 5.14 trillion pairs of them in a PS5.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice video for the 20th anniversary:

Also, the 3 months for £1 Game Pass Ultimate deal is back to celebrate:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My divorce has finally been settled so...I'm in the market for an Xbox Series X to treat myself! (As my mum pointed out, surely you treat yourself for achieving something successful, not for failing at something...thanks mum 🤷‍♂️) 

And yet...they are still out of bloody stock! Looking at the Klarna/Xbox All Access route, I pay £10.99 a month for Gamepass anyway, so an extra £18 for the console should fit into my budget now I've taken a second job, so if anyone sees them turn up online, let me know! 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be aware that Klarna is an unsecured loan for the £650ish and may affect credit scores and other financial things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

My divorce has finally been settled so...I'm in the market for an Xbox Series X to treat myself! (As my mum pointed out, surely you treat yourself for achieving something successful, not for failing at something...thanks mum 🤷‍♂️) 

And yet...they are still out of bloody stock! Looking at the Klarna/Xbox All Access route, I pay £10.99 a month for Gamepass anyway, so an extra £18 for the console should fit into my budget now I've taken a second job, so if anyone sees them turn up online, let me know! 

I'm feeling a little tempted by a Series X myself, which I really wasn't expecting!

Let's hope I can treat myself without the need for divorce!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I'm feeling a little tempted by a Series X myself, which I really wasn't expecting!

Let's hope I can treat myself without the need for divorce!

dwayne_just_do_it_meme1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

dwayne_just_do_it_meme1.jpg

I'm underthinking it, if anything :heh:

If I think about how much I absolutely don't need it at all, I definitely wouldn't be doing it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I'm feeling a little tempted by a Series X myself, which I really wasn't expecting!

Given that you sold your PS5 due to lack of interest, I can’t see the logic in you picking up a Series X when they are both pretty much the same console, except for their 1st party offerings. Are you feeling the pull of Game Pass?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Given that you sold your PS5 due to lack of interest, I can’t see the logic in you picking up a Series X when they are both pretty much the same console, except for their 1st party offerings. Are you feeling the pull of Game Pass?

A little bit.. but like I say, if I properly think about it I'm probably best not to bother, at least for the moment!

I haven't missed the PS5 for a single second since getting rid of it (which was absolutely the correct decision) and when I've played PES 2020 at my brother's on his PS5, I've grown to quite dislike the DualSense. 

For the most part, it seems to be a great controller but it's just too big for my hands!

Edited by nekunando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had the Series S for a month and a half now and it has more than surpassed my expectations. I just wanted a peek at Game Pass and a quick go on a few of Rare Replay's 64 games and I have already dumped almost 400 hours into the thing and beaten 9 games. Can see I really missed out skipping the PS4 and XBOne. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nekunando said:

For the most part, it seems to be a great controller but it's just too big for my hands!

Do you have small hands and smell like cabbage? :D 

 

5 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Can see I really missed out skipping the PS4 and XBOne. 

Indeed. There’s a wealth of amazing games and new experiences that you can now catch up on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nekunando said:

A little bit.. but like I say, if I properly think about it I'm probably best not to bother, at least for the moment!

I haven't missed the PS5 for a single second since getting rid of it (which was absolutely the correct decision) and when I've played PES 2020 at my brother's on his PS5, I've grown to quite dislike the DualSense. 

For the most part, it seems to be a great controller but it's just too big for my hands!

Exactly the same for me. 
I got my Series X on launch day, and had been using the new Series controller before I bagged my Ps5 and I really didn’t like the DualSense. 
It’s just too big for me. I do have small hands though. 
 

The Xbox controller was always better than the PS offerings to me anyway, and they’ve literally just perfected it with the Series. It’s so good. Swapping from playing the Xbox to PS5 really highlighted it for me too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Exactly the same for me. 
I got my Series X on launch day, and had been using the new Series controller before I bagged my Ps5 and I really didn’t like the DualSense. 
It’s just too big for me. I do have small hands though. 
 

The Xbox controller was always better than the PS offerings to me anyway, and they’ve literally just perfected it with the Series. It’s so good. Swapping from playing the Xbox to PS5 really highlighted it for me too. 

I partially held a Series X controller this afternoon (it was clamped to a display in GAME so couldn't really get my hands around it, sadly :hmm: ) and I liked what I was feeling :grin:

I also have small hands but I really hope I don't smell like cabbage, @Hero-of-Time!

I think I'm starting to feel like while I may have a decent library of PS4 games built up that I could play on PS5 (which is what I was doing), if I had a Series X is have access to a wealth of games that I don't have access to, such as Rare Replay and Halo.

I'm sure to cave if I ever see it in stock but I will almost certainly regret it :blank:

 

Edited by nekunando
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this