NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

57 minutes ago, Ike said:

Was wondering what happened to that.

Indeed. I think it was in Dec when the achievements were first spotted. 

I wonder in Nintendo are part of this deal in anyway? Could the original Goldeneye be heading to the Switch's N64 game selection?

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wonder in Nintendo are part of this deal in anyway? Could the original Goldeneye be heading to the Switch's N64 game selection?

That’s what the rumour mill was circling…

Would also help explain why Nintendo are refusing to talk about what N64 games are coming to NSO after Pokémon Snap…

Thanks Amazon! :D

Edited by Dcubed

38 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I thought it would have been released around that time.

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Maybe they've been stockpiling N64 controllers all this time ready for Goldeneye.

If it's a finished version of the almost-complete remaster on 360, then it will be brilliant. Even with the few unfinished graphical elements, it was a lot of fun to play. 

Sources have said that Microsoft will be announcing several big announcements before Summer Game Fest on June 9th.

One of the bigger announcements is that Microsoft will be launching a new service to seemingly compete against PlayStation Plus' time-limited game trials that were announced earlier this year. The feature will be coming to Xbox Game Pass members within the next year and will begin with a focus on helping independent game developers across the globe. They'll be several smaller announcements too, including the expansion of cloud gaming to other countries to make the service more accessible. It's expected that the announcements will be made several hours prior to the Summer Game Fest show on June 9th.

Strange that the announcement won't be at their own show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Strange that the announcement won't be at their own show.

Yeah, I don't know if that move would wreak more of desperation, impatience, or trying to keep Keighley in good stead? I guess they can reiterate it at their own show, but it's an odd move ::shrug:

Also, the wording in the quote is driving me a little nuts: surely Game Pass is the service and the addition of time-limited game trials would be an additional feature to existing Game Pass users, rather than it being a service unto itself? 

what-are-you-trying-to-say-steve-carell.

• Haha 1

Game Pass is coming to Samsung's 2022 smart TVs at the end of this month and Project Moorcroft (aka the trials thing we heard about before) will be rolling out within the next year. Sounds more like an E3 demo styled thing coming into the home than simply being a game trial, which is how it seed to be phrased before. 

Feel like a lot of us have been saying bringing E3-styled demos to people's home would be the smart move for a while, so that's cool to see, especially providing financial incentives for independent devs to jump onboard. I remember wanting them to do it once xCloud became a thing to help stream next-gen demo experiences :laughing:

Also! Xbox Design Lab is getting more colours and coming to more countries:

FUz0dPpXEAI9zJ6?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Oh nice! I have a Samsung TV, will definitely be making use of Game Pass on there also then, hopefully it performs as well as it does on PC. :)

Xbox are also stating that they're on track to launch 5+ games in their next fiscal year (1st July 2022 - 30th June 2023):

I certainly hope so, as it's been a bit frustrating - even as someone who doesn't own an Xbox currently - to just watch their first party studios promise tens of new and wonderful things only to spin their wheels on getting games regularly out of the door.

Fingers crossed these next 12 months go smoothly and are a sign of what's to come :peace:

• Like 1

Spoiler

Rumors are circulating that the Hollow Knight sequel will be shown at the Xbox show on Sunday evening and will also be coming day 1 to Game Pass.

I thought it was only on PC and Switch? I wonder if this is why it's taken them so long.

Big get, if true.

Apparently a lot of the Xbox show is known to a lot of people, one of which pretty much leaked the whole of the recent State of Play. More leaks/news/rumours may start appearing tomorrow.

More rumours for tonight's Xbox show.

Spoiler

I have to imagine these aren't exclusive and will be part of this show due to them being on Game Pass. Be great if they hit the Switch as I can see them doing stupid numbers on that platform.

The other rumour is Banjo will show up.

Xbox is planning a revival of the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, it has been claimed.

Speaking on the Nate the Hate podcast, ModernVintageGamer, a respected content creator and developer at NightDive Studios, claimed that he'd heard talk of a revival of the franchise and that it could be announced during the Xbox and Bethesda showcase on Sunday.

"Banjo will be at this show, and it will be announced," said MVG. "I have spoken to a lot of people, and I'm not an insider, I'm a developer, but sometimes I hear things and I was at GDC earlier this year and there were some people talking about Banjo.

It will be fun to read these back after the show and see if any of them are correct. :D 

Yes, please leak all. I don't care much for Microsoft's "1st party" stuff so I won't watch. But gimme that 3rd party goodness. Even as a leak before the show :p 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Yes, please leak all. I don't care much for Microsoft's "1st party" stuff so I won't watch. But gimme that 3rd party goodness. Even as a leak before the show :p 

There's not much else that's leaked. I was expecting more. MS have a history of their shows being known before they air. I'm quite looking forward to see what they have on offer. 

11 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Well that was mostly a fat load of wank wasn’t it?

What was? The show?

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What was? The show?

Todd Howard's golden shower parade; no of course the Xbox show (though it wasn't far off being the same thing :p)

To be fair though, Persona 3,4 & 5 is a nice get; as is Nioh 3 Wo Long and Hollow Knight Silksong.  As for the rest? They can keep it.

Solid showing of games mostly coming in the next 12 months, and a decent look at Starfield which looks pretty special imo. No massive megatons though.

[/non-internet-hyperbole-mode]

Read up on a everything and saying that I'm underwhelmed is putting it mildly.

Diablo IV looks great, can't wait for that. 
And then there's Gunfire Reborn. It getting am Xbox release might mean it'll arrive on Sony consoles in the future.

That's it.

Good thing I only tuned in for Starfield. And good thing I turned it off about 3 minutes into the trailer :p 

Edit:

So literally nothing I need from Xbox's/MS's true exclusives.

Edited by drahkon

Solid showing of games mostly coming in the next 12 months, and a decent look at Starfield which looks pretty special imo. No massive megatons though.
[/non-internet-hyperbole-mode]

We must have been watching something else, Starfield looked extremely ropey to me. Those facial animations in particular looked extremely basic, like 360-era basic.

We must have been watching something else, Starfield looked extremely ropey to me. Those facial animations in particular looked extremely basic, like 360-era basic.
I think you might be partaking in a bit of internet-hyperbole. Extremely ropey?
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this