NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

8 minutes ago, Cube said:

My console arrived, so I'll have a play with it tonight. Those demos seem like good things to start with. 

Have fun!! I wasn't planning on getting a new console any time soon but my XBOX One is my main current gen console and it chugs along so slowly through the menus and stuff now AND Forza Horizon is love of my life so I'm pretty sure I'll pick up an S or X around November ready for it! 

Tested out the console last night. Controller feels really rough, such as the back and the rings on the sticks. I feel like I want to sandpaper them down, and no battery included is annoying (especially for the price of them and the lack of fancy features). I really like the clickiness of the D-pad, though. Also, the light on it is also very bright. 

Having to use an app to set up the console is a bit odd, but quick. I liked how you could choose to not install any media apps. Interface is fine, I guess. One annoyance is it takes two buttons to reach a menu that pauses the game (on PS4, it's quite handy that you can hit the home button to pause a game at any point, such at cutscenes). I quite like that screenshots upload automatically, but I need to see if you can turn the upload notification off.

• Like 1

I've tried a bunch of the demos from the Xbox Summer Fest thing, some of my thoughts:

More Substantial Demos

Lake

Sable

Lawn Mowing Simulator

Smaller Demos

Catlateral Damage Remeowstered

Paint The Town Red

Teacup

Justice Sucks Recharged

Strings Theory

Faraday Protocol

Battlecakes

I definitely recommend trying out the Lake and Sable demos, and I found Lawn Mowing Simulator to be surprisingly pleasant to play. 

• Like 1

I’ve been looking at some of the Design Lab controllers that people are coming up with. This one is great.

cats.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I’ve been looking at some of the Design Lab controllers that people are coming up with. This one is great.

cats.jpg

Speaking of Design Lab… I thought they’d taken it down to improve it, unless I dreamed that? 
It seems like there are less options now than before. Like no metallic options for the bumpers / triggers which they had before. 

Still, I love my original design lab controller I got years ago. It’s a great service. :) 

cats.jpg
It's only great because sometimes pasted the banjo kazooie logo next to it. If that was just a controller sat in your living room, it would look hideous. Like a fisher price toy.

Kim Swift of Valve fame (Portal, Left 4 Dead) has made the move to become senior director of the Xbox Cloud Gaming team. 

VentureBeat and Jeff Grubb are saying that Kim Swift is coming in specifically to aid Hideo Kojima make his previously rumoured game for Xbox. 

Big move which could be part of an even bigger game, excited to see how this pans out. Kojima making a game for Xbox due to Game Pass would make sense (I mean, imagine everyone on Game Pass having access to a game like Death Stranding from the off), but him making something for the cloud specifically sounds even more intriguing a proposition. 

Kim Swift and Jeff Grubb sound like fake names. Are we sure they're real people?

Xbox Marketing continue the trend of being the elderly person attempting to stay "hip" with the "kewl kids" and failing spectacularly. 

39 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Z7HeRxU.jpg

I imagine this is stuck everywhere around their offices. Hopefully some day Microsoft will let them do some fun marketing.

1 hour ago, Cube said:

Xbox Marketing continue the trend of being the elderly person attempting to stay "hip" with the "kewl kids" and failing spectacularly. 

It’s just a donut with the logo on? Doesn’t come off how you’ve perceived it at all. To me, anyway. 
:confused:

• Like 1

Microsoft have announced an Xbox stream for Gamescom, taking place in two weeks time:

Got to imagine this'll be where they finally put a date on Halo Infinite. Spencer has more or less said that they're holding on to dodge releasing at the same time as the new Call of Duty title (though that game's release does seem to be up in the air for this year at the moment as rumour is hinting it might slip to next year but again its Activision, they'll happily ship a broken game to market to deflect from whats happening there at the moment). Expecting a late November date for the game.

Hopefully we'll get some glimpses of the likes of Hellblade: Senua's Saga and The Gunk. They must have some news to bring to the table for some of their bigger titles so hopefully we'll hear that.

This is following on from a new ID@Xbox stream thats happening on Twitch tomorrow from 5pm focusing on updates and new announcements for indie games as well as new announcements for Gamepass.

Won't be watching that stream live. The last one in March dragged on a bit and wasn't a fan of the hosts so will catch up later in the evening so I can skip to the trailers and dev interviews. Hoping for a release date for the new game from Drinkbox, Nobody Saves The World.

Would be great to see a release date for Tunic.

There's a bit of a drought on at the moment, especially on PS5 and Xbox. Struggling to think of much left this year that I'm hyped for apart from Metroid. 

So it seams the main reason to play Halo Infinite (campaign co-op) has been delayed for at least six months.

I'm expecting split screen campaign to be quietly shoved under a rug and never actually happen.

Forge mode is also delayed for at least six months.

So sometimes whenever I turn on my Series X I get screen flicker, sometimes i don't even get a signal at all. It turns out it was the HDMI cable, whenever I change the cable everything works as normal.

My TV must have a problem with the signal that HDMI 2.1 cable is sending >_>

4 hours ago, martinist said:

So sometimes whenever I turn on my Series X I get screen flicker, sometimes i don't even get a signal at all. It turns out it was the HDMI cable, whenever I change the cable everything works as normal.

My TV must have a problem with the signal that HDMI 2.1 cable is sending >_>

You probably weren’t using a HDMI cable with enough bandwidth for 4K 60FPS & HDR.  If you’re getting cutouts like that? It’s probably a HDMI bandwidth issue, probably not your TV itself.

So it seams the main reason to play Halo Infinite (campaign co-op) has been delayed for at least six months.

I'm expecting split screen campaign to be quietly shoved under a rug and never actually happen.

Mad they're still releasing it when it clearly isn't ready yet.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
5 hours ago, Cube said:

Isn't that the norm these days? :p

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:
6 hours ago, Cube said:

Yet strangely a year ago, everything was nearly ready and it just needed some polishing.

14 hours ago, Dcubed said:

You probably weren’t using a HDMI cable with enough bandwidth for 4K 60FPS & HDR.  If you’re getting cutouts like that? It’s probably a HDMI bandwidth issue, probably not your TV itself.

I'm using the HDMI cable that came in the box. I'll see if i can find another sometime.

Sign in to follow this