NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

The cashier at CeX had the audacity to confer with his colleague to determine whether the XBOX Series X I perfectly repackaged and submitted to them after 5 days of minor use with not a single mark on it was "mint condition"..

..but it's over!

I'll always have those memories of when I stuck Rare Replay on that one time and didn't play anything :love:

The cashier at CeX had the audacity to confer with his colleague to determine whether the XBOX Series X I perfectly repackaged and submitted to them after 5 days of minor use with not a single mark on it was "mint condition"..
..but it's over!
I'll always have those memories of when I stuck Rare Replay on that one time and didn't play anything :love:

How much did you lose? So crazy that you bought one when there were no chance you would take to it.

Just now, Sheikah said:

How much did you lose? So crazy that you bought one when there were no chance you would take to it. emoji14.png

I feel bad that I've taken the chance away from someone else to own it for a reasonable price (CeX are charging something like £600 for one :blank: ) but they gave me £460 in cash so that's £11 more than I paid for it.

It is what it is!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:

Oh you're in profit. That's good at least!

I knew that going in. That's largely while the same was so quick after! I didn't want to risk making a loss once I had pretty much decided I didn't need to keep it..

It's oddly liberating!

25 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

459174.gif?b64lines=IEkgV0FSTkVEIFlBLiBE

All I can hear in my head is Lucius Sweet complaining that I couldn't give the XBOX one lousy round..

..and as Drederick Tatum once stated:

"I would certainly reconsider it!"

Edited by nekunando
  • Haha 3

"And so, yet again, @nekunando has fulfilled the prophecy; destined to be cursed to a lifetime of desire, impulse, indecision and then immediate regret, only to repeat the same cycle, sometimes with the same console, months later" (KG 3:16)

Madness. I mean we all knew it was coming, but still, absolute madness 🤦‍♂️😂

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

"And so, yet again, @nekunando has fulfilled the prophecy; destined to be cursed to a lifetime of desire, impulse, indecision and then immediate regret, only to repeat the same cycle, sometimes with the same console, months later" (KG 3:16)

Madness. I mean we all knew it was coming, but still, absolute madness 🤦‍♂️😂

If only I had a dog to walk, then I'd have had time to reflect and decide against the purchase like you.

Maybe I should get a dog........

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, nekunando said:

If only I had a dog to walk, then I'd have had time to reflect and decide against the purchase like you.

Maybe I should get a dog........

I don't think CeX allow you to trade in dogs :p

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Julius said:

I don't think CeX allow you to trade in dogs :p

I was gonna make the joke in my original post but was worried someone would think I'm serious 😅

Honestly feel much happier today, like a weight has been lifted. So bizarre!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Honestly feel much happier today, like a weight has been lifted. So bizarre!

Honestly though, that's good to hear, fair play to you for selling it on! I know that if I were in your position I would probably have just hung onto it and let it collect dust if we weren't having a great time with it, but would almost feel a sense of guilt for not using it and some sense of buyer's remorse, so end up just hoping that a personal dream game would come down the line, however far away that may be. 

For me, I've got plenty to play as it is, so don't see myself picking up a Series X at any point in the immediate future (especially with a new Switch model on the way), but I do think I'll end up picking one up in the next year or two. I haven't played Forza since Motorsport 4 and the first Horizon, before I got my PS4 some 5+ years ago, but it's a standard of racing game feel that I genuinely miss and would want to return to; I've never played a Halo to completion; and other games which will surely be exclusive, like Starfield, have me really intrigued too. It is weird though, because with Game Pass, I almost want to not get physical games when I do get an Xbox (despite going out of my way to grab them for other consoles I own), so maybe deep down I'm waiting for a digital edition Series X. 

Either way, it seems like a lot of you are enjoying your Xbox experiences and fingers crossed that Xbox deliver for you all at E3! :peace:

• Like 1

I've just sold a board game on eBay. This may seem like nothing, but with the money (once it clears), I have enough money to buy one of the consoles (technically, I suppose I could potentially afford both digital consoles). 

The PS5 and Xbox Series X however just seem too expensive for what they currently offer. I'm not hugely bothered about resolution and framerates, so playing current games a bit nicer isn't a huge thing for me. The main upcoming PS5 games I want will be on PS4. 

The PS5 digital isn't cheap enough compared to the main one for me to rely on digital sales/subscriptions.

The Xbox Series S, however, is interesting. The £250 price point is certainly very nice. I can use it for upcoming multiplatform games, Microsoft's games (depending on how they turn out). I also have access to some Xbox One and 360 games I missed.

I do have an Xbox 360, however it's not connected to the internet as the router is in a different room (the original model has no WiFi). I can access most of my digital XBLA games on a Series S. This includes two which are very important to me: Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. My 360 feels like its about to die whenever I use it, so being able to play them easily again is a benefit. 

Looking at my physical 360 games, a lot of them I either don't care much about or already own on other platforms. The main one I would definitely replay is Nuts & Bolts, but if I get a Series S, I'll definitely be getting Rare Replay anyway. Some of the others I'm happy to give another go if I happen to have GamePass (or I can dig out my 360 if I really want to).

So, I may end up getting an Xbox Series S.

• Like 1

Series S is easiest to get atm. You can always get the other console later once more things are on it that you would want to play. They might be easier to get by then as well.

Sometimes I regret getting the S over the X just to play my 360 disks, but I'm probably not going to go back to them much. If I really want to I might just buy them digitally anyway.

Unrelated to the above, there are rumours going around that MS will be making another acquisition announcement at E3. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Unrelated to the above, there are rumours going around that MS will be making another acquisition announcement at E3. 

So they're finally buying Nintendo and I'm gonna have purchase another Series X..?

Typical!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nekunando said:

So they're finally buying Nintendo and I'm gonna have purchase another Series X..?

Maybe then we’ll get a new Wave Race. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9529eb5db63076ef7639

We'll see how this all plays out for Microsoft over the next few years, but they haven't even had their first true wave of exclusive first party games consistently release as a result of their purchases, and so I think it still remains to be seen just how well they can actually curate Game Pass and it's content, let alone match PlayStation and Nintendo in terms of the general quality of their first party output.

I expect there to be growing pains, what with how many studios they now have, just in terms of internal structuring and adjusting the release schedule to make room for everything. I think it's honestly more important for them now to actually start getting games out of the door rather than picking up more studios, because it's going to backfire massively if these now first party games come out and we end up with a few duds in a row, because then people will start being nervous about the acquisitions that they're still in the process of making (and likewise, the studios they're looking to acquire might start getting nervous too). 

PlayStation seriously needs to get a move on with picking up Bluepoint, because I think it would be silly if Xbox weren't looking to acquire a studio of that calibre. I don't think PlayStation need to wait until their next game, potentially a new IP, to prove themselves. They should've bought them three years ago after Shadow of the Colossus! 

Microsoft taking cloud gaming and Game Pass up another step:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/10/whats-next-for-gaming-highlights/

The summary:

• Xbox is working with global TV manufacturers to embed the Xbox experience directly into internet-connected televisions with no extra hardware required except a controller.
  • Xbox is building its own streaming devices for cloud gaming to reach gamers on any TV or monitor without the need for a console at all.
  • In the next few weeks, cloud gaming on the browser will open to all Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members. With Edge, Chrome, and Safari support, players will be a click away from gaming on almost any device. 
  • Later this year, we’ll add cloud gaming directly into the Xbox app on PC and integrate it into our console experience to light up scenarios like try before you download. 
  • With more than 23 studios worldwide creating games for Xbox, our goal is to release at least one new, first party game into Game Pass every quarter. Role playing games, shooters, strategy titles, adventure games, and more are all being built by our first party teams to ensure that there is a steady stream of compelling exclusive content to explore.
  • Thanks 2

Phil took out the finger guns today and took aim at PlayStation: 

Pretty sure we all know why they do that Phil :p

2 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Microsoft taking cloud gaming and Game Pass up another step:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/10/whats-next-for-gaming-highlights/

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Xbox's plans are with this, xCloud in particular. I wonder if we might see something announced to do with this during E3?  

One first party game every quarter (I would assume at a minimum) is bold, but it needs to be done at this point, especially after a pretty quiet start to life with the Series consoles; that's not a knock at all, I know it has an excellent back catalogue, but the shiny and new first party games just haven't been there yet. 

Still very curious to see how well those actually turn out and are managed by them in the long run, but I want to come away from the Xbox/Bethesda conference on Sunday keeping an eye out for a Series X, and consider getting one over a Switch Pro. The software is absolutely the missing piece right now, so if they can consistently get out quality games, then I imagine a lot of us will be there. 

Three more acquisitions look to be on the cards.

The rumoured studios are Avalanche, Crytek and I O Interactive. Ridiculous, if true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Julius said:

Phil took out the finger guns today and took aim at PlayStation: 

It’s such a stupid comment as well. They do it because they have the MICROSOFT Xbox and MICROSOFT Windows on PC. They don’t give you your Xbox games free on Steam through PC. 

Second ID@Xbox Summer Games Fest demo showcase is happening, starting next week on Tuesday 15th.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/10/our-second-summer-game-fest-demo-event-coming-june-15-to-an-xbox-near-you/

Last year was great for getting to try out a bunch of WIP games prior to release and the games announced so far for this years showcase sound great:

Sable

Tunic

Lake

The Riftbreaker

Echo Generation

Apparently there'll be demos for 40 titles so looking forward to seeing what else will be there but definitely looking forward to trying Sable, Tunic and Lake myself as they're all on my radar as pickups down the line.

My console arrived, so I'll have a play with it tonight. Those demos seem like good things to start with. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this