NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

I bought Crash 4 on disc when I got my Series X and played a bit of it before buying CoD and taking the disc out to play through that instead. 
Once I was done with CoD, I then bought Dirt 5 (again, on disc) and have bee playing that for the last week and a half. 

Ive just wrapped up with Dirt and ejected the disc, put Crash back in over two weeks later and quick resume kicked in and took me back where I was! That is madness. I have no idea how it did that seeing as the disc hasn’t been in for two weeks but still, very neat. Really like my Series X. Spending way more time with it than Ps5 but I’m done with Spider-Man now so until Ratchet I’ll likely just play a bit of Astro as and when. 

Do hope that they make the Quick Resume mechanism a bit more transparant in future updates.  Has been a few times where it has deleted my Suspend Save for a game, and I had no idea if it had kept it saved or not.

Just a simple notification that I've run out of slots, or perhaps a memory bar to show how much space you have left, or some way to manage it would be much appreciated.  I get that it can't save everything indefinitely, but it would be nice to know when it's gonna delete one of my Suspend Saves.

On a brighter note, I'm finally getting the chance to play through Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night! (Kickstarted it for a Switch version and was left feeling super burned after it turned out to be a tire fire of a version).  It's pretty great so far! And the performance/loading times are just flawless here on Series S/X! :D 

50 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Do hope that they make the Quick Resume mechanism a bit more transparant in future updates.  Has been a few times where it has deleted my Suspend Save for a game, and I had no idea if it had kept it saved or not.

Just a simple notification that I've run out of slots, or perhaps a memory bar to show how much space you have left, or some way to manage it would be much appreciated.  I get that it can't save everything indefinitely, but it would be nice to know when it's gonna delete one of my Suspend Saves.

On a brighter note, I'm finally getting the chance to play through Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night! (Kickstarted it for a Switch version and was left feeling super burned after it turned out to be a tire fire of a version).  It's pretty great so far! And the performance/loading times are just flawless here on Series S/X! :D 

I agree. I would like a ‘Quick Resume’ tab that shows what games are currently active within it. Makes more sense than just presuming and the game reloading from scratch. Even though load times are improved across the board. 

Im really enjoying the small tweaks to the Xbox controller. It’s so comfortable and I still prefer the design over the new PS5 which feels a bit too big. But I do have small hands. 😳

Got notifications they were looking at my device this morning and 3 hours later it’s on its way back. :peace:

• Like 1

On 01/12/2020 at 6:11 PM, Ike said:

Got notifications they were looking at my device this morning and 3 hours later it’s on its way back. :peace:

Mine has only just landed in Frankfurt today :( Fingers crossed I see it back before Christmas!

• Like 1

On 02/12/2020 at 10:53 PM, Esequiel said:

Mine has only just landed in Frankfurt today :( Fingers crossed I see it back before Christmas!

Took them about 7 days to process mine after acknowledging they received it so it should make it just before Christmas.

Checked the tracking this morning after I woke up and the estimate had changed to Wednesday instead of today, but it has just arrived.

I sent mine in the original box but they didn't send it back, just in a brown box, which is bit of s shame. They've giving me a new unit as the serial number has changed, they've claimed to have given it extensive checking to make sure it works, so here's hoping. Gonna let it sit and reach room temperature before testing it though, it's a bit cold at the moment.

44 minutes ago, Ike said:

Took them about 7 days to process mine after acknowledging they received it so it should make it just before Christmas.

Checked the tracking this morning after I woke up and the estimate had changed to Wednesday instead of today, but it has just arrived.

I sent mine in the original box but they didn't send it back, just in a brown box, which is bit of s shame. They've giving me a new unit as the serial number has changed, they've claimed to have given it extensive checking to make sure it works, so here's hoping. Gonna let it sit and reach room temperature before testing it though, it's a bit cold at the moment.

Thats pants that they didn’t return your box. Did you hand to return it with the box out of curiosity or could you have kept it? 

Glad it’s back with you though! 

Edited by Aneres11

25 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Thats pants that they didn’t return your box. Did you hand to return it with the box out of curiosity or could you have kept it?

Could have kept it, but I figured it would help protect the console better during shipping.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ike said:

Managed to play for over an hour, so looking good. :peace:

Tested your console breaking demos?

17 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Tested your console breaking demos?

Yep, all fine so far.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2020 at 11:41 AM, Ike said:

I got a notification today that mine will be here on Thursday which is great. They better send it with the original box though!

They sent me the same machine back - it still doesn’t work. They also didn’t return my box so I can’t even take it into store for a refund.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

14 minutes ago, Esequiel said:

They sent me the same machine back - it still doesn’t work. They also didn’t return my box so I can’t even take it into store for a refund.

That sucks, did they include a letter with yours?

I'd complain, try contacting them via their live chat or Twitter.

On 11/12/2020 at 3:14 PM, Ike said:

Yeah I got a note saying it had vigorous testing. They said it’s a different machine but the serial number is the same so I think they’re full of shit.

I have but Twitter said nothing they can do, and phone call said the same. Booked it for another repair, expected back mid January.

If I didn’t have the Shock Blue version, would have picked up one of these. Think I like the red better.

• Like 2

We have an Xbox each at our house. My missus’ One S in the living room and my base Xbox One in my gaming room. The shambolic performance of Cyberpunk on my Xbox has hastened my decision to buy next gen as I would’ve been fine waiting till 2022 or so. The plan was to get a Series S for the living room (as space is an issue on the TV bench and my missus doesn’t really play any massively graphically intensive games) and a Series X for me.

Managed to find a Series S in stock so should get that tomorrow so looking forward to trying it out. It’s a shame about the hard drive space but I can still run Xbox One and 360 games from a cheap external drive and maybe buy the Seagate thing in a year or two for future Series S games. It’s also a shame that I have the physical version of Cyberpunk so I’ll have to wait for my Series X to try it out :indeed:

Edited by Dog-amoto
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 3:14 PM, Ike said:

It came back to me last week (2nd time). Guess what, still fucking broken. Going back again this week and they assure me it will be exchanged.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Esequiel said:

It came back to me last week (2nd time). Guess what, still fucking broken. Going back again this week and they assure me it will be exchanged.

I was going to ask if you got it back. That sucks, I don't get why they are messing you around so much.

• Sad 1

Microsoft once again firmly with their heads up their arses:

Haven't seen an announcement of this being carried over for here but you have to suspect it will be sooner rather than later.

Essentially removing the 12 month subscription and making it double the price for a full year in North America pretty much kills the casual market that would otherwise invest in Gold for playing Call of Duty, Fifa, etc. Hell, you already had to pay for Gold or GPU if you wanted to play free to play games such as Fortnite, Apex Legends, Roblox, etc. This effectively puts a nail in that option for more casual gamers or families where parents paid for their kids to play online. Doubling the price over a year will have many questioning if its worth it (and in this case, for Gold it certainly isn't).

It seems like a push to get people to sub up to Gamepass Ultimate and somewhat of a step to stop people buying up 12 month Gold cards and converting them for GPU on the cheap, but its a very aggressive one and completely flies in the face of the image they've been trying to present with the two SKUs of the Series consoles and having choice and accessibility as options (with All Access as well).

Terrible move by them with little/no justification for it and quite rightly, its coming under a lot of flak. If it extends outside of North America, which I suspect it will, then I expect a lot of people will let their subs lapse once their current subs run out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/update-on-xbox-live-gold-pricing/

Xbox Live Gold is going up in price. A 6 month subscription will be $60 for new subscribers or anyone who lets their current 12 or 6 month subscription lapse (if you have a running subscription, it will continue at the current price).

I think they want to push people onto Game Pass Ultimate before eventually upping the price of that.

Wow! That is absoutely outrageous! So much for them getting rid of XBL Gold!

This is blatantly, and transparantly a move to push people onto Game Pass Ultimate.  They will then eventually get rid of XBL Gold and then force people to have GPUltimate before eventually raising the price of Game Pass across the board to make it sustainable in the long term.

Sony did exactly the same Trojan Horse strategy with Playstation Plus, before they eventually made it mandatory for online play on PS4.

Yep... I'm out, I was already planning on not renewing my Xbox Live sub this year when it's up in March, this just affirms that decision.

Same for Playstation Plus, I don't get enough mileage out of either, seeing as I don't play many games these days.

Nintendo Switch Online is only £17.99... I've already renewed it, it'll let me play Monster Hunter Rise online, along with other games I already play, that'll do, for me. :peace:

Sign in to follow this