NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

No links, I may have seen it in a video somewhere.

No worries, changed my search terms (the console name doesn't help) and found some posts on Reddit sounding like they are getting the same experiences. No solutions though.

Tried to see if their was an online chat on Microsoft's site, but they seem to want me to talk to an "Xbox Gamer" - how does that help?

The tips guide on the actually Xbox are also for the Xbox One. :blank:

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ike said:

No worries, changed my search terms (the console name doesn't help) and found some posts on Reddit sounding like they are getting the same experiences. No solutions though.

Tried to see if their was an online chat on Microsoft's site, but they seem to want me to talk to an "Xbox Gamer" - how does that help?

Ah sorry to hear you're having issues, Ike. 

Not what you want :(

No idea what MS are like with things like this, but worrying there seems to be some early issues for some units. Let us know if you get sorted. 

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

So amazing! I love how it all Just Works!

Full Fat 4K Panzer Dragoon Orta! :D 

Impressive... :D

Panzer Dragoon Orta in 4K makes up for the Xbox One Series X having no real launch games of note, I'd even put it down on the box as a selling point. ;)

It is amusing though, probably the best exclusive game on the Xbox platform, is one of the games which was released three generations ago.

But I think that also just shows the quality of the game, Smilebit really put together a masterpiece for its time of release and it still holds up well today.

Enjoy replaying it, as that is one game which I've played that I cannot recommend enough, and will always go back to. :peace:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So Amazon never did get the Xbox Series X to me on release day.  But I did have access to another so I used that instead.  It's probably bad but I too have enjoyed playing original Xbox games and Xbox 360 games more than anything else on it so far.

It probably doesn't help that I have a 3080 in the PC so the Xbox One and Xbox Series X games aren't anything special to me.  I'm well aware that's on me though.  The 3080 by itself costs 50% more than the Xbox Series X.

Reading that back it sounds like I'm being really down on it, but I'm not!  I can not understate how much I've enjoyed playing the Xbox and Xbox 360 games.  It's even improved over the Xbox One X experience.  I really hope they open up the BC to more games moving forward.

I wish they'd update the Games & Apps filter so that by console type didn't group Xbox and Xbox 360 together and also split out Xbox One X enhanced from Xbox One.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great to hear that the BC is delivering on all fronts. :peace: 

Personally, I don't care that much about BC so the Series X/S was never really on the cards for me, given the non-existent exclusives right now, but I still enjoy reading those BC impressions from you ladies and gents :) 

Still can't believe next-gen is here (at least half of it in EU :(). :D 

• Like 1

Xbox going in for repair, just dropped it off today so probably won't be getting it back for a couple of weeks. :sad:

• Sad 3

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

Xbox going in for repair, just dropped it off today so probably won't be getting it back for a couple of weeks. :sad:

You have a PS5 preorder though don't you? That should tide you over! 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

You have a PS5 preorder though don't you? That should tide you over! 

Oh, um, yeeah... I probably should have waited a week longer before cancelling my preorder...

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Oh, um, yeeah... I probably should have waited a week longer before cancelling my preorder...

You fool! I'd have had your preorder off you! :p

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

You fool! I'd have had your preorder off you! :p

Oh, sorry.

You might want to keep an eye on Amazon then, they might make it available again (it was a digital only console).

• Like 1

I think Amazon are making more consoles available to order on the 19th so they'll probably just lump all cancellations in with that.

• Like 2

Digital is the way I want to go too! 

I wasn't going to pick one up yet but if stock comes in I may try my luck. 

Having bought Crash 4 and CoD on disc for my Series X, it's really annoying swapping between to play them. 

• Haha 1

Yeahhhhh I know it's not really the relevant thread for it, but @Aneres11, I think emails have started going out from Amazon saying that more stock will be made available at 12:00 on Thursday for the other console :p

12 minutes ago, Julius said:

Yeahhhhh I know it's not really the relevant thread for it, but @Aneres11, I think emails have started going out from Amazon saying that more stock will be made available at 12:00 on Thursday for the other console :p

Lol you can say the word. It isn't a dirty word. Most of us can appreciate both consoles and what they offer. :D 

I will keep an eye out. Like I say I'm not desperate for one but if I can nab one then I will. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Aneres11 said:

Lol you can say the word. It isn't a dirty word. Most of us can appreciate both consoles and what they offer. :D 

....Ouya

• Haha 3

On 16/11/2020 at 4:14 PM, Aneres11 said:

I heard that if you say Playstation three times in a mirror, a certain board member shows up behind you, calls the PS5 an eyesore and complains about battery life.

Edited by Goafer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Digital Foundry with the Series S vs X comparison video:

I won't lie, I've had to talk myself out of keeping an eye out for a Series S a few times in the last couple of weeks. Mainly for legacy Star Wars titles and the older Xbox catalogue, and I don't have much interest in going physical when I do pick an Xbox up (much as I love it, Game Pass pretty much ensures I won't be going that way). 

Only think I'm missing is the juice from the Series X. Hopefully they'll put out an all-digital version at some point?

A week into owning a Series X now and I don't think I've had a day without playing on it! 

I've been really impressed with the whole experience. My expectations weren't  particularly high (or low) when I picked it up last week, I just expected to be a bit 'meh' on it. But so far it's surpassed my expectations massively. 

I know I mentioned Quick Resume already, but it has been a real game changer for me. I had Tell me Why, Crash 4 and New Super Luckys Tale on the go the first few days and to be able to dive into any of them in about 5 seconds between each other has been incredible. 

I've gotten back into Forza, although I did bag Dirt 5 for a tenner off from eBay using the 20% off deal.  

Picked up a Call of Duty game for the first time in years (Cold War) and have been amazed at how good those games are to play. It's pretty much what a modern Bond game should be. So much fun. It also looks amazing. 

The controller is a joy as ever. But the haptics of the dualsense will likely take things up a notch for PS users and I can't wait to try it out for myself. 

Dashboard is samey as previous versions but I don't mind that now it actually works and is fluid. It's so fast. Been playing some coop with a friend last few nights on 'A Way Out' and sending and joining parties has never been so fast and instant. 

Load times just don't even phase me anymore. It's not Nintendo cartridge quick, but games like Forza that were always painful to wait for are now so much quicker. 

All in all I think it's brilliant. I truly hope there are some really great exclusives coming Xboxs way as everything else is just prime and ready for it. GamePass continues to be fantastic value for money. There's so many games I want to get through from it that I wouldn't necessarily want to buy, and others I missed out on at launch that are now included such as Quantum Break etc.

The Series X truly feels next gen to me and that's even without any real next gen games to show it off. I know a lot of those ordering PS will likely feel the same when they get to see how blazing fast the PS5 is and what a difference it makes to the whole experience. It's an exciting time! 

Edited by Aneres11
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Tracking shows my Xbox was delivered this morning. Hoping it ended up at the right place. No acknowledgment from Microsoft they've got it yet.

• Like 1

Ordered Dirt 5 at the weekend and it arrived on Thursday. Only got round to playing it now. It looks great! I’d read a lot of pretty poor user reviews of people saying it liked garbage but I don’t think it does at all. 

With visual mode on (lower frame rate) it does look really impressive. Also enjoying how it’s just race after race. I found driving round an endless feeling map in Forza Horizon a bit much at times whereas this is much more streamlined. Cars all handle nicely too. Enjoying it. 

• Like 1

So I have halo master chief collection on an external hard drive . It says it has the updated version installed but will performance be limited because it’s not installed on the SSD?

On 11/11/2020 at 8:33 PM, Ike said:

Oh hey! So I have this same issue, we got three machines, 1 for each kid and 1 for me. My youngest’s machine crashed when he loaded certain games.

Being the good dad I am, I took the broken one. It crashes on Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, No Mans Sky and Jedi Fallen Order.

It plays fine with Minecraft, Grounded and PSO2.

Microsoft have said it’s a hardware fault and I have booked it in for a repair, plan to send it away this weekend!

17 minutes ago, Esequiel said:

Oh hey! So I have this same issue, we got three machines, 1 for each kid and 1 for me. My youngest’s machine crashed when he loaded certain games.

Being the good dad I am, I took the broken one. It crashes on Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, No Mans Sky and Jedi Fallen Order.

It plays fine with Minecraft, Grounded and PSO2.

Microsoft have said it’s a hardware fault and I have booked it in for a repair, plan to send it away this weekend!

Ah, that sucks. :sad:

I received confirmation on Saturday they've received it but not heard anything since.

Sign in to follow this