NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

Hope everyone who's picking one up today enjoys it.

Saw someone mention on ResetEra that CeX were offering £500 for a Series X in cash. Had a look earlier and yeah they are but those poor people who end up buying one out of there if they have kids or desperately want one but didn't manage to get hold of a pre-order or the stock this morning as they're selling them for £625!!! Bloody chancers they are. God only knows what they'll be offering for a PS5 when they release next week. Seriously hope no one takes them up and buys one from them at that price as that's just a disgusting mark up even if there is high demand.

Looking forward to hearing more impressions of the new hardware! 

The controller is...still great. Not much of an advancement from the One controller save for the share button and a fancier d pad (which I've yet to try either of properly) but it doesn't phase me, I loved the previous controller and arguably my favourite of all time, so qualms from me! 

Just lovely to play Sea of Thieves without my left stick making me fall off the ship every so often 🙈

Quick Resume is absolutely brilliant. 

I have Crash 4, Tell me Why and Gears up and swapping between them is just amazingly quick. To think you'd normally have to reload the game from scratch to play something else but now it can hold multiple games open in memory is true next gen for me. 

Console is blazing fast. Can't wait to see what they can do with games built on this hardware. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very jealous of you guys enjoying the new console, and the impressions sound great. How do the load times of stuff not held in memory compare to the quick resume?

28 minutes ago, Will said:

Very jealous of you guys enjoying the new console, and the impressions sound great. How do the load times of stuff not held in memory compare to the quick resume?

Hmm I'm prob not best places to answer as I haven't been using an Xbox recently to compare. I have just downloaded Forza though, and that game always took an age so will boot that up soon and see if it feels quicker. 

My Series X should be arriving this evening! Hooray!

(Too bad I'm working tonight, so I won't get to play it today...)

My brother's Series S has arrived though! I can't believe how small it is! It's amazing! What a lovely looking little machine! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

I have Crash 4, Tell me Why and Gears up and swapping between them is just amazingly quick. To think you'd normally have to reload the game from scratch to play something else but now it can hold multiple games open in memory is true next gen for me. 

Console is blazing fast. Can't wait to see what they can do with games built on this hardware. 

That's the thing I'm most excited for! It's the Virtual Console Suspend Saves but for everything! :D 

It's an absolutely transformative feature on Nintendo consoles and I'm really excited to now have it for everything!

Nice to hear some positive impressions

3 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

It's something I really hope PS5 implements at some point down the line. I'd read it would have it on here (without the fancy name) but seems not 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Nice to hear some positive impressions

It's something I really hope PS5 implements at some point down the line. I'd read it would have it on here (without the fancy name) but seems not 

It's extremely handy. 

I haven't tested it properly yet. Not sure all games work with it yet? But Forza is one of those games that I used to like to play in bursts. But with how long it took to load up from scratch every time I had been playing something else, this is a perfect solution. 

Love being able to play a Crash level, get pissed off at dying for the hundreth time then swap over to another game to carry on where I left off. I just don't think it's a feature that I could ever do without now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I cannot believe how fast Forza loads on this thing! It's insane! Might finally get some decent play out of it now! 

After a good number of hours using the console since collecting it this morning I think it's a triumph. The biggest thing will obviously be the games, and I really do hope MS can deliver on that front as time goes on. 

But so far, I have nothing but positive things to say about it. It feels like it's the Xbox that the One X should have been. 

• Like 2

Apparently I own a bunch of digital 360 games that I do not remember buying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Apparently I own a bunch of digital 360 games that I do not remember buying. 

Has your Xbox settled now?

13 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Has your Xbox settled now?

Seems to have done, so far. Been on over an hour now.

Dunno if it was the Dragon Quest XI demo, or because I'm downloading a load of stuff in the background, it was also trying to upload a couple of screenshots apparently, or the power cable was loose and I pushed it it enough now or what.

The second time it made the chime as if the power button was pressed.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Seems to have done, so far. Been on over an hour now.

Dunno if it was the Dragon Quest XI demo, or because I'm downloading a load of stuff in the background, it was also trying to upload a couple of screenshots apparently, or the power cable was loose and I pushed it it enough now or what.

The second time it made the chime as if the power button was pressed.

Hopefully that’ll be the end of it. Nothing worse than having a defective unit in a tech launch you were excited for. I had that with the Oculus Quest 2.

• Like 2

Booted the DQXIS demo up again and it crashed again so it seems to be related to the demo.

Keep getting booted out of Assassins Creed , utter rubbish , going to return to store tomorrow and get the console later when they fix the issues 

Console has crashed twice again tonight, once in the DQXIS demo and again playing the Resident Evil 3 demo so it's definitely the unit. Dunno if I should go through Amazon or Microsoft first.

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Console has crashed twice again tonight, once in the DQXIS demo and again playing the Resident Evil 3 demo so it's definitely the unit. Dunno if I should go through Amazon or Microsoft first.

I've heard other reports of the console crashing on demo's and certain backwards compatible games.

I can't say for definite if it is or isn't a hardware issue being that I don't own one, but it seems to me to be general launch incompatibility causing the crashes.

Which is something that could and probably will be patched out, if it was me, I'd be waiting it out to see, but I can understand wanting to return it if it's crashing.

I would ask, have you tried it with any Xbox Series X exclusive titles, but... :p I know there aren't many.

4 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I've heard other reports of the console crashing on demo's and certain backwards compatible games.

I can't say for definite if it is or isn't a hardware issue being that I don't own one, but it seems to me to be general launch incompatibility causing the crashes.

Which is something that could and probably will be patched out, if it was me, I'd be waiting it out to see, but I can understand wanting to return it if it's crashing.

I would ask, have you tried it with any Xbox Series X exclusive titles, but... :p I know there aren't many.

Interesting, do you have any links, I can't find anything? I don't want to wait for a fix for it turn out to be a hardware issue.

They've made a big fuss about backwards compatibility and it doesn't even work.

13 minutes ago, Ike said:

Interesting, do you have any links, I can't find anything? I don't want to wait for a fix for it turn out to be a hardware issue.

They've made a big fuss about backwards compatibility and it doesn't even work.

No links, I may have seen it in a video somewhere.

I get it though, Microsoft did use backwards compatibility as a selling point, if a lot of stuff isn't working, then that's not good.

14 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Anyone else got the console that could download the demos and see what happens?

This is an excellent suggestion, if everyone here who owns an Xbox One Series X/S could try a demo out (if they're not playing anything else) for an Xbox One X game, such as Dragon Quest XI or something similar, then we'd probably have more of a definitve answer, if all Xbox Series consoles crash on demo's, then I think that would point more towards general incompatibility.

- - - - -

The alternative answer, is that Ike's console might be faulty, though I'd like to think that might not be the case, although thinking back to previous hardware launches, Microsoft doesn't have the best track record for hardware reliability, but this is something which seemed to have improved a bit over the past generation.

All of this is just conjecture, I just wanted to offer an outside perspective, in case it's of any use.

Sign in to follow this