NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

Did nobody in the marketing department want to tell the person who came up with it that it isn't funny at all?

Microsoft's attempt at "edgy" social media lately is extremely cringeworthy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely delighted to announce I'll be joining the next gen on 10th November when I buy, outright, and Xbox Series X... controller 😎

My One S controller is virtually unusable now, the left analogue stick just essentially does its own thing (dead zone borked I think) so I've learned to work around it with Sea of Thieves but anything requiring precision is an absolute no go.

I'm sure I'll end up getting a Series X at some point but no need for it at the moment, so I'll save my pennies until I can actually afford one.

Perhaps Microsoft isn't looking to win the console war, but the accessory war instead.

• Haha 5

On 30/10/2020 at 7:28 AM, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Absolutely delighted to announce I'll be joining the next gen on 10th November when I buy, outright, and Xbox Series X... controller 😎

I might actually do the same. :hehe: Have been using a DualShock 4 on my gaming PC (via an 8BitDo adapter) and while it works fine most of the time, occasionally it’ll do this weird connection glitch where the controller is paired but completely unresponsive in games. :hmm:

The button layout situation is obviously confusing too, although I have become a bit more used to that now. Still, it would be nice to use something where the on-screen prompts actually match the device. :grin: 
It’s still confusing either way though, why the hell did Microsoft have to pointlessly switch from the established Y X B A layout to X Y A B? :heh: 

You should see me trying to play any games that feature QTEs on PC. Using a DS4, the Microsoft button layout, and almost 30 years of muscle memory to Nintendo’s layout...

It ain’t pretty I tell ya. The “X” button can potentially be in 3 different locations! :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I have a store collection for my series x, so looks like I’m pretty screwed due to lockdown 

13 minutes ago, stuwii said:

Well I have a store collection for my series x, so looks like I’m pretty screwed due to lockdown 

Honestly, feel like it might be worth contacting the store for updates on what they'll do (either directly or through Twitter or something) if non-essential retail does close again. I would be really surprised if they didn't offer the option to either change it to be delivered to your home, or dropped off at a collection point which would be considered essential (i.e. a Sainsbury's or somewhere like that), because at the end of the day, they're going to be losing customers and trust if they can't offer a decent alternative. 

Good luck, hopefully they can sort something out for you! :smile:

Someone from Portugal already has their Series X, 6 days early! 

And someone over in Canada has just received their Series S, and have confirmed that there will be 364 GB of available storage.

Not long until next gen now folks! :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been into GAME this morning to sort out my XAA preorder.  Ready to just go collect it now next Tuesday. 

Prordered the Shock Blue controller as it was £10 off to order with the console purchase so seemed a no brainer.  

Looking forward to it. Also, the xbox fridge thing I found quite funny. Poking fun at themselves and the shape of the console isn't something I've ever really felt Microsoft have done in the past on that kind of scale with someone like iJustine and I think its good marketing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Been into GAME this morning to sort out my XAA preorder.  Ready to just go collect it now next Tuesday. 

Prordered the Shock Blue controller as it was £10 off to order with the console purchase so seemed a no brainer.  

Looking forward to it. Also, the xbox fridge thing I found quite funny. Poking fun at themselves and the shape of the console isn't something I've ever really felt Microsoft have done in the past on that kind of scale with someone like iJustine and I think its good marketing. 

Went to Game today to pre pay for my controller, I asked if I paid for it I would be able to come down on launch and pick it up and they said yes...so I'll be taking up valuable line space just to walk home with a controller that I only paid £20 for after a few trade ins 😎

Went for shock blue too, I'd usually go with s black or white style, so thought I'd shake things up a little and think outside the box. Rather frustratingly they were on the counter behind the tills, but I wasn't allowed to take it today 😱

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Went to Game today to pre pay for my controller, I asked if I paid for it I would be able to come down on launch and pick it up and they said yes...so I'll be taking up valuable line space just to walk home with a controller that I only paid £20 for after a few trade ins 😎

Went for shock blue too, I'd usually go with s black or white style, so thought I'd shake things up a little and think outside the box. Rather frustratingly they were on the counter behind the tills, but I wasn't allowed to take it today 😱

Yeah they brought my Series X out to scan haha. Teases. :p

I picked Crash 4 up for it whilst I was there. I planned to play it on my ps4 but haven't had time to play anything the last few weeks so thought I'd get it for xbox and make it a launch game seeing as there's not much else haha. 

• Like 2

Series X (and S) final hardware impressions/reviews are up. 

General consensus I've seen seems to be pretty much in line with what we've all been saying leading up to launch: great piece of hardware which is the best way to revisit a lot of current/past gen games, but not much to offer in terms of exclusive games which showcase this at its full potential...yet. 

Edited by Julius

I was hoping to get COD Cold War on launch day , best site for pre orders , Amazon aren’t doing a physical copy 

Heading to GAME early in the morning to pick up my Series X. Made some room for it on a shelf next to the TV. Looking forward to getting it now as I haven't actually gamed properly since TLOU2 and that was the biggest disappointment, well, ever really. 

Tempted to pick up Watch Dogs but excited to play Dirt 5 and seeing if Gears 5 runs better than it did on my old Xbox. 

• Like 1

Amazon are still saying mine is on track for today... but they've still not despatched it...

• Sad 1

Next gen starts today :peace:

To all of you who get a new Xbox today: Enjoy :)

@V. Amoleo Here's hoping Amazon provide some express delivery so you get yours soon!

• Like 4

Hope everything goes smoothly for those of you expecting a new Xbox Series X | S to turn up today, enjoy! :smile:

1 hour ago, V. Amoleo said:

Amazon are still saying mine is on track for today... but they've still not despatched it...

They dispatched mine at like 23:45 last night; still claiming it’ll come today...

Fingers crossed for both of us!

• Like 1

The controller feels smaller (marginally) but feels so nice in hand. Not sure if it actually is smaller but comparing it to my Lab controller I got about 4 years ago there is a subtle difference. Really nice texture and feel and so glad I bought the Shock Blue one!

Can't wait to try the PS5 one now either! 

Found a spot for it in my TV set up which will let it circulate air ok. Partners parents bought us a vase that was there, but I've relegated that now because new console day. :D

Probably be in the bad books later but IDGAF. :p

AfeXk23.jpg

• Like 6

Amazon gave me a ÂŁ10 off voucher for a controller, the Shock Blue looks nice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Amazon gave me a ÂŁ10 off voucher for a controller, the Shock Blue looks nice.

Yeah LAME did the same. £10 off and I already had it pre-ordered from Simply Games for full price so was a win. 

I can't believe how fluid the dash is. Always my biggest complaint with Xbox but that is finally fixed. Scrolling through the list of Game Pass games and everything is just loaded ready. 

Might nip to Argos and get Dirt 5. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Currently sitting in the lab, waiting for  stuff to finish and @Aneres11
is out there enjoying next gen.

Unfair :p

Technically I'm not enjoying next gen yet as there's bugger all to play that is properly next gen :p. 

• Haha 3

Sign in to follow this