NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

What's probably wrinkling Microsoft even more is that Smyths never even got going from the sounds of it which is probably why GAME got hit so hard. Their pre-orders didn't go up at 8am but their site crapped out going by people posting on Twitter and Era. I've just set up an account over there with all my details in place in the event that they manage to get things going but seems that even in store Smyths have run out of stock so not looking great for them.

Do find it odd that Microsoft themselves don't offer All Access through their store but I do get its because both GAME and Smyths will buy in the stock so Microsoft will get their full whack from that and then leave it up to those stores to police the All Access for them without having to deal with people defaulting on payments and such.

Hopefully things will sort themselves out soon enough and people can get their orders in. I'll still try but at this point, I'm kind of not fussed after the mess its been and I'm sort of resigned to not getting a next gen console at launch with how these pre-orders have been handled. Should be able to grab one in the new year easy enough (well, maybe not a PS5 as I expect demand will outstrip supply for a couple of months post launch).

• Like 1

Here in Germany the Series X is sold out as far as I can see.

Series S seems to be readily available.

Here in Germany the Series X is sold out as far as I can see.
Series S seems to be readily available.
Is Microsoft Store a thing in Germany? Because they've had stock of the Series X the whole time over here in the UK.

9 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I wonder how many systems Sony and Microsoft released for preorder in the first instance...

Yeah numbers would be interesting and what the split was between digital and disk.

Just now, Sheikah said:

Is Microsoft Store a thing in Germany? Because they've had stock of the Series X the whole time over here in the UK.

Just checked; it apparently is. And both versions are available there (one per customer).

Yeah numbers would be interesting and what the split was between digital and disk.

I was wondering about this. Series S seems to be in stock at far more places, and from what I heard from physical stores they got less S consoles than X.

My thoughts are that early adopters don't tend to be the ones buying the cheaper console.

Can’t checkout on the Microsoft store 
It's gone out of stock now. Still, 3 hours on sale there isn't bad!

Just now, Map said:

It's one of those that while the demand I think is lower for Xbox than PlayStation, they've likely supplied much lower than PlayStation too because of that (if nothing else just to be a hot ticket item and say they've sold out). Because of this, I am fully expecting more stock to go up in the coming weeks leading up to launch for Xbox. I feel like holding back stock to create that demand is, unfortunately, the best business move. 

As for the physical/digital split, Eurogamer reported the other day with regards to the PS5 that one of their sources at a major UK retailer had a 25% Digital Edition to 75% disc edition split. Other sources were saying it was more like 20% to 80%! Though, of course, this does make sense for brick and mortar stores, where PlayStation will still be expecting high physical games sales, and of course the stores would prefer that, too. They sold out anyways, but I think the ratio for production is probably going to be a bit more telling. 

I imagine that split has to be a bit different here for Xbox, purely because of the specification gap between the Series S and X, and had they only been selling at a standard £249 and £449 respectively with that the only way to buy in, I would expect the split to be something like 70/30 (based purely on the fact that one is being pushed HARD as the highest value and lowest cost way into next gen, and that the Series X seems like a bit of a niche product in comparison). However, with All Access being a thing, both are much more accessible. I still expect more Series S consoles to be out there ready to go, but maybe it'd be something like a 60/40 split instead now that Series X can be made quite affordable with Game Pass? 

But I have no idea. Imagine the One S and X numbers have had a huge influence on their ratio, as well as just how hard they want to push Game Pass, but guess we'll have to wait and see! 

16 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
25 minutes ago, stuwii said:
Can’t checkout on the Microsoft store 

It's gone out of stock now. Still, 3 hours on sale there isn't bad!

I had been trying since half 9, hopefully some more coming later 

Got my Amazon order in for the S. Wasn't expecting them to be in stock as I woke up late but pretty pleased overall. 

• Like 2

GAME and Smyths back online. All Access available to click through on GAMEs website but not available to new customers who haven't already got All Access set up. Telling you to go in store to do it, even though stores are now sold out of Series X stock. Guess that's the end of that. Waste of time and absolute farce from all parties running the damn thing.

Edit: got through to the credit check with Klarna on Smyths and got declined despite a good credit score on Experian, no loans, no debts, no mortgage or anything like that. So yeah, I'm having one more go in the queue system on GAME and then I think I'll call it a day.

Edit 2: And I'm out. Waste of time and shocking set up from all parties involved. Microsoft will not be happy about how this has been handled, especially where Smyths is concerned as they've confirmed the direct debit with many but not been able to confirm orders because of errors or out of stock messages. Thankfully, it looks like no DD has been set up on my bank account and my credit score hasn't taken a hit for now so look to have come away unscathed but really is an absolute mess. Makes the PS5 pre-order situation look like it ran as a silky smooth operation.

Feel bad for those who'll now have to try and cancel DD off the back of this with no order confirmation and no chance of it. I guess I was lucky in not getting through, as much as I wanted to, but yeah, bullet dodged to a degree.

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 1

I got through with Smyth's, passed credit check, got an email confirming my DDR was set up and as that happened, Smyth's website error came up saying the item could not be added to my basket and booted me back to home page.  

So now I have a DDR set up for... Precisely nothing. Amazing.  

Twitter full of people with same problem. What an absolute shower of shite. 

49 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

GAME and Smyths back online. All Access available to click through on GAMEs website but not available to new customers who haven't already got All Access set up. Telling you to go in store to do it, even though stores are now sold out of Series X stock. Guess that's the end of that. Waste of time and absolute farce from all parties running the damn thing.

Edit: got through to the credit check with Klarna on Smyths and got declined despite a good credit score on Experian, no loans, no debts, no mortgage or anything like that. So yeah, I'm having one more go in the queue system on GAME and then I think I'll call it a day.

Just seen this and the outrage on places like Reddit, Twitter, ResetEra, etc., seems absolutely justified. @Ganepark32 I'd consider getting on the phone to them at some point to get that search removed (if it doesn't get removed anyways), because even people with "perfect" (999 or thereabouts on Experian, obviously going to different from one agency to another) credit scores are getting declined by the looks of things. 

It looks like a total botch of a system for everyone I'm seeing that tried to go with All Access, which honestly seems like the overwhelming majority of people trying to get a pre-order in today. Seeing people saying their orders have been cancelled now even beyond checking out, direct debits set up but then error on the site and their order not actually going through, etc. 

I cannot believe just how poorly both PlayStation and Xbox have started this off when it comes to pre-orders. It's absolutely mindboggling to me that it's become such a mess. 

Edited by Julius

Balls, just checked my emails properly, got an email initially confirming the setup of a DD and that payments would be taken but a second email came instantly saying I was declined for the credit. So guess I'm in the same boat as everyone else :angry: nothing showing up on my bank account but might need to grab their app and get to the bottom of it and cancel it outright of they have set a DD up. It'll get cancelled instantly if it turns up on my bank account but guess that'll take a few hours. Will also mean a knock to my credit score, yay. What a colossal fuck up.

Edit: @Aneres11, just seen someone on Resetera come off of a live chat with Klarna. They're saying that there was a technical issue but for the person, who had a confirmed DD but was declined, no actual order or DD has been set up on their account. Perhaps a silver lining in all of this. Still looks like it'll be a couple of days before we know for sure. I've checked bank and Klarna and both say nothing but Klarna says it needs a couple of days to confirm things with your bank before you can alter payment methods. So guess we'll know in the next day or two but I'm keeping fingers crossed that neither of us have had a DD set up with no confirmed order.

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 1

Thanks for confirming @Ganepark32

@LegoMan1031 (formally Mike1988uk) has just been to town into GAME where they had ten more orders become available. Managed to snag us both an Xbox Series X for launch day collection with All Access. From 6am tomorrow we just need to put the reward number and pre-order number into website and apply for Klarna. 

Hopefully that all works and I can just go and pick it up launch morning ! Best book the day off. Hopefully the Klarna saga with Smyth's doesn't impact it. 

Was going to wait till after Christmas to pick an X up, but I’m thinking that it may be best to wait even longer, probably 2022 or so. Most games coming out will still be playable on my OG Xbox One, it’ll take a while for the One to no longer be supported and I’m not too fussed about the higher graphical fidelity/load times etc, otherwise I’d have bought a One X by now. 

Was thinking that by then, they may be a bit cheaper, any teething issues will be ironed out and the hard drive may be larger. Plus my Game Pass doesn’t expire till June 2022, thanks to the E3 thing they did last year, so maybe I’ll be able to get a deal with 12 months of Game Pass included as well, who knows?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

I cannot believe just how poorly both PlayStation and Xbox have started this off when it comes to pre-orders. It's absolutely mindboggling to me that it's become such a mess. 

nvidia had the same problem last week, they reported they were seeing more traffic than during Black Friday. They weren't prepared. Multiple PC part suppliers (scan, etc.) went down. A lot of people are home and they knew when the preorders were going to go up so there was a lot of people ready to mashing f5.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ike said:

nvidia had the same problem last week, they reported they were seeing more traffic than during Black Friday. They weren't prepared. Multiple PC part suppliers (scan, etc.) went down. A lot of people are home and they knew when the preorders were going to go up so there was a lot of people ready to mashing f5.

Oh yeah, them too! Read and heard some crazy things about how it went, weren't they gone practically as soon as they went up, at least on their official store? 

And you're exactly right, I remember that very thought being a big concern of mine way back when it came to stock; there was never going to be enough, with more people positioned to pre-order than necessarily would be normally, or would even want to pre-order, because I imagine there are a lot of people who got back into gaming since the start of the year mostly down to COVID. Don't blame them, it's been a crazy year for everyone, but these companies just didn't really seem to tune into that fact. 

Also, I didn't pre-order a Switch at launch so I could be remembering this wrong (but I was already on the forums!)...but did Nintendo handle Switch pre-orders better than PlayStation and Xbox? 

13 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I also ordered the new blue controller from SimplyGames. 

Looked too tasty to not. 

XboxAcc_Gen9_XDL_Wire_ShockBlue.0.png

Nice! Is this one of three colour variants available at launch (alongside black and white)? If so...blue is not the colour I would have expected from Xbox...

SEGA ACQUISITION CONFIRMED?!

:laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Julius said:

Oh yeah, them too! Read and heard some crazy things about how it went, weren't they gone practically as soon as they went up, at least on their official store? 

And you're exactly right, I remember that very thought being a big concern of mine way back when it came to stock; there was never going to be enough, with more people positioned to pre-order than necessarily would be normally, or would even want to pre-order, because I imagine there are a lot of people who got back into gaming since the start of the year mostly down to COVID. Don't blame them, it's been a crazy year for everyone, but these companies just didn't really seem to tune into that fact. 

Also, I didn't pre-order a Switch at launch so I could be remembering this wrong (but I was already on the forums!)...but did Nintendo handle Switch pre-orders better than PlayStation and Xbox? 

Nice! Is this one of three colour variants available at launch (alongside black and white)? If so...blue is not the colour I would have expected from Xbox...

SEGA ACQUISITION CONFIRMED?!

:laughing:

Yup - alongside black and white. 

White does look nice, but I love a colourful controller. :D

Can I ask, for the people wishing to order the Series X on All Access, is this because of the option to pay in installments?

Just wondering, as on paper All Access is not a good deal. The £28.99 for 24 months totals £695.76.

Instead if you buy the Series X up front (£449) and 2 years of Xbox Live Gold off CDKeys (£80) then upgrade this to Game Pass Ultimate (£1) via your Xbox that totals £530.

If this is the desire to spread the cost then I can totally understand that, just wanted to bring it to people's attention as a difference of £165 is massive and worth pointing out. And listening to these stories of Klarna, this might be a better option!

42 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Can I ask, for the people wishing to order the Series X on All Access, is this because of the option to pay in installments?

Just wondering, as on paper All Access is not a good deal. The £28.99 for 24 months totals £695.76.

Instead if you buy the Series X up front (£449) and 2 years of Xbox Live Gold off CDKeys (£80) then upgrade this to Game Pass Ultimate (£1) via your Xbox that totals £530.

If this is the desire to spread the cost then I can totally understand that, just wanted to bring it to people's attention as a difference of £165 is massive and worth pointing out. And listening to these stories of Klarna, this might be a better option!

Because convenience. It's almost Christmas and I would rather not lose over £500 for a console, plus games pass straight off. 

Of course, it costs more in the long run, but most credit options do. 

For me, there will likely be longer periods where I'm not playing my Series X as there's not going to be game after game coming out for it whilst the console is in its infancy. 

Id personally feel better spending £28 a month for something that I'm not using all the time to begin with over £500 all in one go.

Sign in to follow this