NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

Now I'm imagining the next Elder Scrolls having characters talk loudly about the DLCs if you don't buy them. Perhaps Microsoft will take it up another level and just insult the players for not having all the content.

Although it is amusing that Microsoft's most interesting game of next year will be on PS5 and not Xbox.

6 minutes ago, Cube said:

Now I'm imagining the next Elder Scrolls having characters talk loudly about the DLCs if you don't buy them. Perhaps Microsoft will take it up another level and just insult the players for not having all the content.

Although it is amusing that Microsoft's most interesting game of next year will be on PS5 and not Xbox.

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I didn't buy the DLC."

• Haha 3

Eic_0BlU8AIIv8f?format=jpg&name=large

That's powerful

Timing this the day before pre-orders open is also almost moustache twirlingly evil.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

US retail pre-orders at Gamestop going to be gone in less than 5 minutes:

I imagine that'll be mirrored in stores here in the UK. Hopefully there will be more stock for online pre-orders otherwise tomorrow will be utter chaos for those trying to get one.

Microsoft haven't talked about number of units that they'll have available but this makes me think its going to be a small allocation for launch. Not great, and potentially less stock than the PS5, but hopefully there is just more and this is simply a sign that they'd rather people order online given the on going pandemic. If not, I doubt there'll be as many angry as there were for the PS5 pre-orders but I imagine people won't be happy.

• Like 1

I'm just shocked that Shopto aren't getting any pre-orders here in the UK.  Who did they end up pissing off at Microsoft!? lol!

12 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I'm just shocked that Shopto aren't getting any pre-orders here in the UK.  Who did they end up pissing off at Microsoft!? lol!

They’re listed on the official Xbox uk Twitter 

Jesus wept!!! Microsoft are NOT fucking around!!!!!

This is the biggest industry power play of the century! Guys... Microsoft just bought an entire western AAA publisher in one fell swoop!

Let that sink in... Just like that, they now own Doom, Elder Scrolls, THE LOT!

Jesus fuck! I can't even come to terms with what just happened!!

Sony will definitely be sweating now! They had better start buying up their partners like Bluepoint before Microsoft do!!

This is 2 big shocks for you within a week. The PS5 price and now this. :laughing:

• Haha 2

Just now, Sheikah said:

This is 2 big shocks for you within a week. The PS5 price and now this. :laughing:

I don't think my brain can take much more TBH!

I pre-ordered a Series X on the off chance I want it by the time launch comes around. More than likely I’ll cancel it.

Pre-ordering here was super easy, not sure if that’s because they have allocated a lot of stock or because Xbox is completely unpopular here. Probably a mix of the two.

GAME is proving a nightmare for getting to the actual console pages. Don't think they've even put them up. Every time I click on the Xbox Seriez X/S banner or search them, I'm taken to their register your interest page. Going through All Access has put me in a queue to check out an order but the only thing on their All Access page is the Xbox One S. No idea what's going on especially as I was ready to go at 8 and was logged in. Doubt it'll happen now ::shrug:

Edit: Scratch that. They've bothered to out the pages up for them. Currently in a 42 minute queue to see if I can get one. At least I'm logged in (saved my login yesterday for doing it) so that should cur down on time with not having to input details at checkout for All Access.

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 1

Got my Series X from Amazon :hehe:

Yes, the Bethesda deal pushed me over the edge.  I really can’t complain about paying the extra £200 when I basically don’t need to actually buy any games for it for the next 3 years!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

Yeah, thats the link I found not long ago but thanks, I was having a nightmare going round GAMEs website to find the actual console page not their register your interest or Destination Xbox pages. Now in a queue to get through to checkout with All Access. Just over half an hour now to see if I can grab one.

As much as I'd rather have a PS5 at launch, this is the more approachable way for me to move up to next gen with things happening at home (some renovations needed and the missus is needing time off work, she works in social care so these last few months have been a nightmare for her with the pandemic). Not that I'm not excited to jump into next gen with the Series X if my order goes through. Gamepass definitely helps but then so does a new Hitman on the horizon and I'd love to play that on a console that isn't a launch model (both my Xbox One and PS4 are launch models and I'd like to play Cyberpunk on hardware thats not going to cry or sound like a jet running it).

Smyths website just hasn't worked all morning. 

Whether others have managed to place an order I have no idea - but it's a total joke. 

I'm in a queue for over an hour still with LAME. 

Tried to order an S from GAME, login didn't work so had to use guest checkout. Wanted to get it delivered to a store which they wanted to charge an extra £10, but they wouldn't let you anyway.

Went to Amazon and ordered one straight away to be delivered to a locker. ::shrug:

Not sure if I'll keep the preorder though.

Currys sold out of the X but still have S's available. Their website queue is also over an hour wait. 

Madness! 

So now Xbox buyers experience the dread of PS5 buyers :D

Good luck to anyone who's yet to pre-order one :peace:

• Like 1

Got through the queue on GAME, now being met with an error at secure checkout when trying to confirm my console choice. Fun waiting an hour for that. Can't even select in store pick up as its asking for a pre-order number number but obviously don't have one and my reward account isn't attached to my account so doesn't look like its happening. Absolute mess from GAME.

Just now, Ganepark32 said:

Got through the queue on GAME, now being met with an error at secure checkout when trying to confirm my console choice. Fun waiting an hour for that. Can't even select in store pick up as its asking for a pre-order number number but obviously don't have one and my reward account isn't attached to my account so doesn't look like its happening. Absolute mess from GAME.

Yeah same here. Waited over an hour, it then loaded me in to a 'we are closed for maintenance' page. 

Great work :) haha 

Whole site is down for GAME. Was stuck at confirming order but now thats gone down and likely back to having to queue again. Curry's apparently has thousands of people trying to pre-order but they've sold out of the Series X. Its just chaos. Not sure whether I'll bother now or not.

• Sad 1

Seems like the Series S is readily available on Amazon, even tempted myself with it just sitting there available. Series X seems like the one everyone is after.

Edit Series X back up on Amazon

Edited by Map
  • Like 1

Just catching up on what's been going on, and I can't imagine Xbox are too pleased that their two retail partners for All Access in the UK have had their websites practically roll over. The queuing system from GAME is a great idea...until you get people getting an error message after an hour of waiting. And then going down for maintenance. 

They knew how busy it was going to be regardless, but having it go down now, especially with a set date and time... :shakehead

Hang in there folks who are still trying for All Access/pre-orders, hopefully it'll be sorted sooner rather than later! 

Seems like the Series S is readily available on Amazon, even tempted myself with it just sitting there available. Series X seems like the one everyone is after.Edit Series X back up on Amazon

Yeah, makes you wonder about the demand for the system. Both Xbox consoles are all still available too (about 3 hours later at the time of me posting this).

Websites seemed to have gone down less with the Xbox preorders too and that's with everyone knowing exactly what time they would go on sale. 

I wonder how many systems Sony and Microsoft released for preorder in the first instance...

Sign in to follow this