NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

Just now, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

With Battletoads confirmed already (and after Streets of Rage 4 being so bloody good hopefully that'll have a knock on effect) let's hope Rare IP will finally be utilised!

Agreed.

They've got an amazing IP catalogue that could be dipped into. If Rare don't wan't to make the games then find developers who do, which is what we've already seen with Killer Instinct and Battletoads. Also, bring back Viva Pinata! Easily one of the best games from the 360 generation and one that needs to make a return.

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Agreed.

They've got an amazing IP catalogue that could be dipped into. If Rare don't wan't to make the games then find developers who do, which is what we've already seen with Killer Instinct and Battletoads. Also, bring back Viva Pinata! Easily one of the best games from the 360 generation and one that needs to make a return.

I'd argue Viva Piñata was, as well as being perfect for a Nintendo platform, ahead of its time, feels like the sort of game that'd get raved about, albeit likely a live service model game...🤦‍♂️

I've read alot about how Game Pass is "freeing up" developers as it's not based on a sales model, and apparently games like Gears Tactics would never have been made without it, so hopefully that'll encourage MS and developers to bring back some classic IP as well as new one's as well.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Also, bring back Viva Pinata! Easily one of the best games from the 360 generation and one that needs to make a return.

Seriously, I'd buy an Xbox Series X just for that if they make another one.

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

Seriously, I'd buy an Xbox Series X just for that if they make another one.

Yeah, i'd probably be the same, provided that they didn't mess with the formula too much.

It's been deleted and claimed not true since, but the official Xbox Portugal (!) Twitter account posted that Cyberpunk would be on Game pass at launch... If that's an early slip for what's to be revealed later, that would be a huge get! 

I know they've already got the One X console and bundle exclusivity, but if that goes on Game Pass at launch its a game changer!

3 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

It's been deleted and claimed not true since, but the official Xbox Portugal (!) Twitter account posted that Cyberpunk would be on Game pass at launch... If that's an early slip for what's to be revealed later, that would be a huge get! 

I know they've already got the One X console and bundle exclusivity, but if that goes on Game Pass at launch its a game changer!

The only way that's happening is if Microsoft are basically guaranteeing Witcher 3 revenues on Xbox for CDPR with shady back door deals. That seems waaaaaaay too good a deal to be true, for both parties (and customers). 

If there has been a deal like that, with Xbox fronting the potential losses for them, I'm also not sure if it necessarily speaks to CDPR having total confidence in Xbox (at least the One family). They're launching this game at the end of a generation, before the new consoles come out - we can basically guarantee at this point that sales will be greater for the game on PS4 than XBO, just based on the size of their respective install bases, so any deal like this would basically only be beneficial for CDPR in guaranteeing XBO revenues if Xbox have already paid them substantially (which they no doubt would have to do to secure a deal like this) prior to release. Oh, and the players. 

I'll be shocked but delighted for XBO owners if this is true. 

• Like 1

Might not be getting a Series X, at least not on day one, but really looking forward to seeing some of the third party offerings during this. Fingers crossed hard for a nice surprise or two! :grin:

59 minutes ago, Julius said:

Might not be getting a Series X, at least not on day one, but really looking forward to seeing some of the third party offerings during this. Fingers crossed hard for a nice surprise or two! :grin:

Absolutely, be nice to leave with a grin at a decent suprise or reveal! 

Good to have something like this to 'look forward' to at the moment, whether good or bad hopefully lots of discussion and new things to get excited about 😊

• Like 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I love that they are embracing the fridge joke. :D 

First thing I spotted to, love it :laughing: wish they got cameras out to everyone though, opening host looked a little rough. 

Good job of being clear about expectations for this though. Always a smart move!

WAIT, IS THIS FREAKY LOOKING GAME SCORN?!

The old EZA sponsor?!

Edited by Julius

I'm wondering if we are going to see actual 3rd party exclusives in this? The mention that every game on show will be optimised for the Series X makes it sounds like they are all going to be cross gen games.

Just now, Julius said:

WAIT, IS THIS FREAKY LOOKING GAME SCORN?!

The old EZA sponsor?!

First thing I heard was Jones saying the name. :D 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

And now we've got Mahomes talking about Madden. Are we sure that EZA didn't plan this thing out? :laughing:

Yeah, I could really do with something like Viva Pinata right about now. I hate horror stuff. :( 

Call of the Sea first game that has interested me so far, rest has looked fairly generic or not my cuppa

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I could really do with something like Viva Pinata right about now. I hate horror stuff. :( 

Same. Call of the Sea is probably the most interested I've been in anything so far - always love a nice art style in walking simulator narratives. 

To be honest, since we started, it's felt less and less like next-gen stuff with every game. These games look nice, but none of them are screaming next-gen showcase to me just yet. 

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm wondering if we are going to see actual 3rd party exclusives in this? The mention that every game on show will be optimised for the Series X makes it sounds like they are all going to be cross gen games.

Looks like instead of exclusives they are taking the "On Game Pass" route, that's where they are spending their money.

If the Valhalla game play is the "big reveal" then Xbox Go Home 🙈

5 minutes ago, Julius said:

Same. Call of the Sea is probably the most interested I've been in anything so far - always love a nice art style in walking simulator narratives. 

To be honest, since we started, it's felt less and less like next-gen stuff with every game. These games look nice, but none of them are screaming next-gen showcase to me just yet. 

Problem is that they appear to be cross gen and all have the tag line of "footage representative of expected Xbox Series X gameplay". Nothing screams next gen because I guess it's not. At least not what we've seen so far.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Can't watch it. Anything good/exclusive that's interesting so far?

YESSSSSS YAKUZA 7 LET'S GOOOOOO

Edited by Julius

Sign in to follow this