NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

New page, new start? :D

I found a recent quote which essentially stated that...

"You'll be able to plug your external HDD from your Xbox One, straight into your Xbox Series X and play Xbox One games, one the new console, directly from the HDD"

I like the idea behind that and hopefully it will extend to other games on the hard drive as well, from Xbox original games, Xbox 360 and Arcade games.

Making things simple for potential users who already own the previous/current platform, to just move stuff across easily, is something worth doing, providing it's easy to do so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ashley said:

All the hardware makers have had consoles do poorly compared to their predecessors potentially because of hubris from their success (PS3, One and N64... Maybe Wii U but I think that's more the market changing). It's an interesting similarity and it shows that even if the console is good (which they all were) there's a hell of a lot of factors at play and it's difficult to get lighting in a bottle twice. 

Come on mate, don't beat around the bush, it's called the Third Console Curse.  Get with the programme!

Holy Hell!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-shutting-down-mixer-partnering-with-facebook-gaming.233035/

Wow! That's huge! Microsoft is shutting down Mixer and partnering up with Facebook Gaming for X-Cloud/Series X!?

Bloody hell, that's shocking! Microsoft invested serious money into Mixer and it did NOT last long at all! (Also, Ninja made out like a damn bandit!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Confused 1

Holy Hell!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-shutting-down-mixer-partnering-with-facebook-gaming.233035/
Wow! That's huge! Microsoft is shutting down Mixer and partnering up with Facebook Gaming for X-Cloud/Series X!?
Bloody hell, that's shocking! Microsoft invested serious money into Mixer and it did NOT last long at all! (Also, Ninja made out like a damn bandit!)
I actually had no idea what Mixer was.

28 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
2 hours ago, Dcubed said:
Holy Hell!

I actually had no idea what Mixer was.

Microsoft’s version of the SodaStream

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, what happened that Microsoft were so quick to jump ship?

Although honestly I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about it since it launched.

From Phil Spencer's quote they aren't actually "partnering" with Facebook, more helping Mixer users to transition across to Facebook Gaming.

They probably blew the budget on Ninja and it still made little to no impact. It's a shame as it's great you can stream directly from the console with little to no fuss, but I guess people have to use it for it to make business sense!

Unfortunately I won't be tuning in live (working until 18:00 :shakehead) but getting quite excited to see what Xbox has in store for us with this event. 

While I'm interested in seeing more of Halo Infinite, that comes more from a general interest in games and what this game might set out to do, rather than any particular investment in the Halo series.

What I think I'm most excited for is the potential of new or rebooted IP's (haven't played a Fable game before, but I have played Forza, and would be intrigued to see how Playground go around tackling a project like that), and as always what third parties might be bringing to the table, especially Japanese publishers and studios when it comes to Xbox. Getting to show Final Fantasy XVI first would be a huge get for them, but considering the international appeal rather than the domestic appeal for the Japanese market with the FF series these days, and that I think we're going to see them trying to push for that market a bit more this time around, I would be much more interested if they showed off a more niche series on the international market, but is crushing it in Japan (not going to happen, but an example of what I mean would be something like Dragon Quest XII turning up). 

Not long to go now. Given how many of their cards Xbox has played so far, I think they need to knock this one out of the park. They just haven't played their cards right up to this point in my opinion, and I'd go so far as to say they've kind of muddied the waters a bit? That reveal of the console at The Game Awards last year I think was premature, and didn't garner nearly enough attention as it could and perhaps should have, and the May next gen showcase was a bit of a disaster. 

They need a win with this one. Fingers crossed that it's a great show, because there's nothing I'd love nothing more than to come out of this wanting to pick up a Series X. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I won't be tuning in live (working until 18:00 :shakehead) but getting quite excited to see what Xbox has in store for us with this event. 
While I'm interested in seeing more of Halo Infinite, that comes more from a general interest in games and what this game might set out to do, rather than any particular investment in the Halo series.
What I think I'm most excited for is the potential of new or rebooted IP's (haven't played a Fable game before, but I have played Forza, and would be intrigued to see how Playground go around tackling a project like that), and as always what third parties might be bringing to the table, especially Japanese publishers and studios when it comes to Xbox. Getting to show Final Fantasy XVI first would be a huge get for them, but considering the international appeal rather than the domestic appeal for the Japanese market with the FF series these days, and that I think we're going to see them trying to push for that market a bit more this time around, I would be much more interested if they showed off a more niche series on the international market, but is crushing it in Japan (not going to happen, but an example of what I mean would be something like Dragon Quest XII turning up). 
Not long to go now. Given how many of their cards Xbox has played so far, I think they need to knock this one out of the park. They just haven't played their cards right up to this point in my opinion, and I'd go so far as to say they've kind of muddied the waters a bit? That reveal of the console at The Game Awards last year I think was premature, and didn't garner nearly enough attention as it could and perhaps should have, and the May next gen showcase was a bit of a disaster. 
They need a win with this one. Fingers crossed that it's a great show, because there's nothing I'd love nothing more than to come out of this wanting to pick up a Series X. 

I agree with a lot of what you've said, especially that they really need to knock it out the park. The Sony showing recently was excellent, so they have to go one better. If there's one thing we've come away knowing this generation it's that Sony had far more exclusive games, so they've got to prove that they have a lot of great games releasing within the next year or so.

Pre-show as part of Summer Games Fest is live in the run up to the main event. Keighley has said to expect a handful of world premieres for Xbox here.

First is Dragon Quest XI S is coming to Gamepass Decemeber 4th. Big deal there for them. Sure, it'll be two years old by the time it launches but it coming to Xbox for the first time is a big deal and a big get for Microsoft. And obviously, it'll be playable on the Series X as well a big title to take players through the Christmas break, especially if they haven't tried XI, especially the S Definitive Edition yet as its fantastic.

Edited by Ganepark32

Yuji Naka, of Sonic and Nights, is working with Square Enix on a new title called Balan Wonderworld. Its got the Nights visual style but is a 3d action platformer. Very Mario-esque but looks fantastic. Confirmed for Xbox One and Xbox Series X with smart delivery as well.

Edited by Ganepark32

Does this start at 5pm? I'm still about 15 mins away from home so I'm expecting to miss some of it. 

Is it just Xbox exclusives or will there be multi platform announcements too?

Starting off with Halo Infinite. Really does look like they've gone back to the Combat Evolved style of gameplay in terms of more open areas with some modern twists of multiple objective to tackle in whatever order. Looks good, not blown away visually, especially with the character models (that close up shot of the Brute at the end there didn't show the noticeable jump to next gen that I'd have expected especially coming off of what PlayStation showed).

CG Trailers for both State of Decay 3 and Forza Motorsport. OK I guess. Now into Everwild, which looks great.

Edited by Ganepark32

First chapter of Tell Me Why, exclusive from Dontnod to Xbox, releasing August 27th. Expecting the 2nd and 3rd chapters to follow shortly after that. Playable on Series X at launch.

Special version of Ori and the Will of the Wisp coming to Series X as well, with updated visuals and audio. Should mean it runs smoothly at 60fps on that console. Smart delivery as well for the likes of me who bought it.

Edit: Now onto DLC for The Outer Worlds. Peril on Gorgon, September 9th.

Edited by Ganepark32

1 hour ago, Ganepark32 said:

Pre-show as part of Summer Games Fest is live in the run up to the main event. Keighley has said to expect a handful of world premieres for Xbox here.

First is Dragon Quest XI S is coming to Gamepass Decemeber 4th. Big deal there for them. Sure, it'll be two years old by the time it launches but it coming to Xbox for the first time is a big deal and a big get for Microsoft. And obviously, it'll be playable on the Series X as well a big title to take players through the Christmas break, especially if they haven't tried XI, especially the S Definitive Edition yet as its fantastic.

Sounds like it's coming to PS4 (and Steam?) at the same time.

Still a big get for Microsoft as they seem to be getting Japanese developers on board.

New Obsidian title, Avowed announced. First Person RPG, had me thinking it might be set within the Pillars of Eternity world but looks to be something completely new.

@Ike, yeah coming to PS4 and Steam but as a separate purchase apparently. First DQ game on Xbox though.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ganepark32 said:

@Ike, yeah coming to PS4 and Steam but as a separate purchase apparently. First DQ game on Xbox though.

Nice. Was wondering if I had to buy an Xbox One/Series X so that saves me some money.

Microsoft's turn with console launch exclusives.

Stalker 2 coming first to Xbox Series X. Been a long time coming that one. Looked fantastic though. Wonder if they'll consider re-doing the originals in the run up to launch as I believe its supposed to be a 2022 release at earliest.

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Has the thing started already? Did I miss something?

Started at 5, you've not missed much

• Thanks 1

What actual exclusives for their new console have been shown so far?

It's really cool to see trailers for games that will eventually land on the PS5, too

New game from Image and Form, makers of the Steamworld games called The Gunk. Looks like it'll be a 3D action game as opposed to their previous work which has been 2D. Could be interesting.

More from Bloober Team and The Medium and it continues to look great.

Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis coming to Series X in 2021, hopefully with a worldwide release this time round.

Sign in to follow this