NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

2021 PDC World Darts Championship

12 hours ago, killthenet said:

That was gutting for Jamie Lewis, hitting the treble 16 when he wanted the single and busting his score. Should have had a dart to win the second leg of the deciding set too, Gerwyn was very lucky to win that in the end. 

He shit the bed on that last set, pretty much instantly after hitting that treble 16 to lose the second set. Shame, great start.

Ah, the world darts champoinship. The only place I can dress up in a Fred Flintstone costume, get completely smashed out my mind, sing badly to songs I don't know the lyrics to, and not get arrested for drunk and disorderly.

What a win for Clemens! After the first set I thought Wright would make it a routine win but his doubling deserted him and, when he did find it again it was too late really. How will this go down in Germany @drahkon? Is this the furthest a German player has gone in the tournament? Ratajski for him next though, he looks pretty solid so far. 

Hopefully we get another shock tonight too, Ricky Evans could cause MVG problems if he's not on his game. 

• Like 1

Just now, killthenet said:

How will this go down in Germany @drahkon? Is this the furthest a German player has gone in the tournament?

It is :D

Not sure if it'll have a huge impact given that the German audience thrives on the party during matches, which is non-existent this year.

For darts fans over here it is huge :bouncy:

MVG is god tier. Ricky Evans was exceptional, throwing a 104 average for most of the match, and he was still destroyed by Van Gerwan who threw a 106. It will take some thrower to beat him.

Game of the day though was Cullen v Clayton - just a brilliant back and forth.

Remarkable match, I wasn't really sure who I wanted to win it - both would have been worthy quarter finalists - but that last leg was so tense! 

Gabriel will feel like he threw it away after missing those match darts but he should take a lot of positives from it when he's able to look back on it.

Should be a great match next, Cullen is another quick player so it will suit MvG's game but there's every chance of an upset.

18 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Holy shit turn it on now if you aint watching already.

Unbelievable :D

Urgh, I hate seeing van Gerwen win.

What an unlikable man. :blank:

Cullen has only himself to blame.

Oh Cullen. Just folded at the end. Two opportunities to win it at the bull. MVG though, winning against 19 180s in a 4 set game. Ridiculous.

Gutting for Cullen! I thought he had him after the fourth set but when the moment came Cullen didn't have the composure - he crumbled in that final leg and will be devastated to have thrown that away. 

Hopefully Dimitri can beat MvG in the QF's, we know he is in the sort of form needed to dump him out and has the big match experience to keep his cool when it really matters

Outrageous match that between Chisnall and Dimitri, I thought it was going to go for a final set but the nerves really got to both players. I was a bit disappointed by Price v King, I expected it to be a cracker of a match but it was a bit tepid. Price is probably the most likely challenger to MvG but he hasn't got going yet, will definitely need to up his level if he gets to the final. 

It's hard to pick a winner, MvG is obviously the favourite but if Chizzy can play at the same level he did tonight in the QF then he stands a chance of an upset. Dirk and Anderson are both playing well without setting the world alight, hard to choose between them. The other side of the draw Price is the hot favourite, he should get the better of Gurney even if he doesn't up his game over tonight's performance while Ratajski and Bunting is a toss up - both are lacking big match experience, Bunting probably shades it in that metric, but one of them will be playing in their first World Championships Semi Final come Saturday night. 

Don't tease me like this!

edit: Chissy just threw 116 in that last set. Madness

edit 2: Unbelievable. An humbling of the highest order. Chisnall surely favourite now?

Edited by LazyBoy

I don't know that he's the favourite but that was a phenomenal win - made can Gerwen look like a pub player. The odds on final is probably Anderson v Price but if Chizzy can play anywhere near that tomorrow he'll be hard to catch.

• Like 1

That never really looked like a contest, Price wiped the floor with Anderson for most of the match but choked on the doubles to seal the title. Anderson's level never really changed, Price just dropped off as soon as he went 6 - 1 up but he got there in the end. 

Price's 5th set was unbelievable, he averaged 136 and missed double 12 for a 9 dart leg that would have taken his set average above 140. I don't think Anderson was expecting to win, he'd written off 2020 so a spot in the final is a bonus - he won't be too bothered by the defeat. Price deserved to win tonight and, despite his indiscretions in the past he's shown over the last couple of years that he truly is one of the best players in the world - worthy of winning the world title.

Sign in to follow this