NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Slay the Spire (Switch, PS4, XB1, PC)

On 6.1.2020 at 9:18 PM, drahkon said:

Currently on my way to the final unlock for The Silent. Then it's time for The Defect.

The Silent unlocks are done. 

Managed to win a run with The Defect. Probably my favourite character. Love building a deck around Powers. 
Never had a chance to go for a 0-cost deck, or rather, I still have no idea how to build one :D 

I'm surprised that this game isn't even beginning to get boring. I've clocked in about 70 hours on the PS4 version and I'm already at 10 hours played on my Switch. Slay the Spire might actually kick Super Mario World and Rayman Legends from the #1 spot of my favourite games of all time :peace: 

After unlocking Ascension mode I've decided to climb my way up with The Defect. I'm now at Ascension 8

Have to say: Power decks are awesome :D Mummified Hand MummifiedHand.png + Creative AI CreativeAI2.pngis so good.

Also managed to make a 0-cost deck work. Pretty nifty, when you can essentially deal 100+ damge in one turn.

My playtime so far: 26 hours. Not bad for a game I've bought 3 weeks ago :laughing: Anyway, I'm going back to bed and try to slay the spire.

I can't stand the "get random card" cards. If you get something you can't use, you end up with clutter. Then again I've never tried to do specific combos with them (but trying to go for specific combos is dangerous in this game).

12 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I can't stand the "get random card" cards. If you get something you can't use, you end up with clutter. Then again I've never tried to do specific combos with them (but trying to go for specific combos is dangerous in this game).

You should only go for specific combos from Act 2 onwards. But yeah, even then it's still quite dangerous. If it works out, though, it's oh so satisfying.

Personally, I love "get random card" cards :D There's something beautiful about chaos and randomness that I will always embrace, even if it may kill me.

Good morning,

FUCK YOU, Time Eater and your innate ability to counter 0-cost decks.

That is all, goodbye.

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Good morning,

That is all, goodbye.

No idea what any of that means but you seem upset...this pleases me. :D 

• Sad 1
  • Weird 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

No idea what any of that means but you seem upset...this pleases me. :D 

5afc4896ab76891bcbee552cd61cd6a3.gif

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

By the way, @S.C.G...have you played this, yet? HAVE YOU, HAVE YOU?

Well you see, the thing is... I was going to and I still plan to but in a word...

No...

But at least I have the physical game, so you know I am going to play it. :smile:

*hides*

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

Well you see, the thing is... I was going to and I still plan to but in a word...

No...

eca.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drahkon said:

Good morning,

That is all, goodbye.

With my first succesful 0-cost deck I got him and actually defeated him. I think it was a 0-cost / frost combo, I'd have to check, but i relied on the 0-cost for damage mostly.

Time-eater-pretty.png200.gif

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

With my first succesful 0-cost deck I got him and actually defeated him. I think it was a 0-cost / frost combo, I'd have to check, but i relied on the 0-cost for damage mostly.

Yeah, Frost Orbs are important...If I just had the chance to get a card that increases Focus, my most recent fight against him would've been a cake walk. :nono:

Ascension 10 with The Defect complete! :peace: 

I switched to The Ironclad and am now at Ascension 4

DeadBranch.png Dead Branch + Corruption.pngis an insane combo and I love it.

• Thanks 1

On 19.1.2020 at 11:16 AM, drahkon said:

I switched to The Ironclad and am now at Ascension 4

Well, now I'm at Ascension 9.

I always play this after the regular Borderlands 3 session with a mate late in the evening. Usually at around 11pm....aaaaaaaand then it's 3am :laughing: Can't stop, won't stop.

Anyways, the new patch can't come soon enough to consoles. I'm not ready for the new character, yet, but I'd like to have the new relics and balance changes.

Edited by drahkon

Ascension 10 with The Ironclad has been conquered :peace: That's two characters out of three. The Silent is up next and then it's time for the final 10 difficulties :D 

My playtime is now 80 hours on PS4 + 30 hours on Switch and only yesterday I learned that the "Artifact" buff negates not only debuffs from enemies but also from your own cards/potions. Game changer, right there...

Guess it's time to never again ignore: Panacea.png

• Thanks 1

If anyone's playing this on Gamepass, the new patch is out now for you.
I can't wait for it to hit PS4/Switch. Not only do I want to play the new character but I also need the balance changes in my life :D 

I love that this is pretty much my personal thread :p 

Aaaaanyways, The Silent is giving me trouble, as usual. Need to focus more on solving my immediate problems. With The Defect and The Ironclad I learnt that early strengths can snowball into late game power. 

Ascension 10 has been conquered with all three characters :peace: 

Took me 54 hours on the Switch. Having already spent 80 hours on the PS4 definitely helped with that :D 

I might actually stop playing this for now and wait for the patch/new content. I spend way too much time with Slay the Spire and neglect other games.

Ok, one more run...

:bouncy: Got my first victory against the true boss.

Good old Corrpution + Dead Branch :D 

If you wanna see some lovely art and my deck, check the spoilers:

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been playing this the last few days (when I should have been watching films instead, <sigh>).

I'll post about it more elaborately tomorrow (including decks if you want, though since you're on A10 you probably don't need to look at them :p), have to check my history, but in short: finally managed to get my silent and defect up one ascension (it's now 4 / 4 / 3 for me).

Again, I have to check, but I had numerous runs with the silent, including a few good ones which all ended up with a variant of a skiv deck.. against the time eater. It's frustrating, because one of those decks had godly cards and relics, but wasn't focussed enough, had some clutter. But I was confident a similar but more focussed deck could definitely win against him. And it almost did. At some point I had a similar but much more focussed deck.. But unfortunately lacking a lot of the synergies the other deck had as well. Purely because of lack of clutter, it actually outperformed the other godly deck, and I came close to killing him. Alas, when I unlocked A4 I didn't get my rematch with time eater.

Edit: was also playing around with an (corruption) exhaust deck for ironclad. Forgot how far I got with that one, but it was fun.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

(including decks if you want, though since you're on A10 you probably don't need to look at them :p)

I'm always interested in other players' decks :peace: 

Edit: Man, one typo could make this a little weird :D 

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Sign in to follow this