NEurope
Ronnie

Indie World Showcase : Tues 10th Dec (6pm UK)

I’m still a bit confused if this is their rebranded twice a year showcase, I could swear we just had one and the next one is usually in March, but hey not complaining.

Silksong??? Please please please

Edited by Ronnie

King of Cards and Shovel Knight Showdown both release tomorrow, so they'll no doubt get mentioned. 

• Like 1

Still hoping for Cadence of Hyrule + Crypt of the Necrodancer physical Switch release double pack on one game card. :D

5 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Still hoping for Cadence of Hyrule + Crypt of the Necrodancer physical Switch release double pack on one game card. :D

That would certainly be quite good. I kind of enjoyed Crypt of the Necrodancer. I might even doubledip. I will definitely double dip. Crypt of the Necrodancer is AMAZING!

I'm hoping for the start of an eShop Christmas sale. :p 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

That would certainly be quite good. I kind of enjoyed Crypt of the Necrodancer. I might even doubledip. I will definitely double dip. Crypt of the Necrodancer is AMAZING!

I'm hoping for the start of an eShop Christmas sale. :p 

I mean... I so nearly bought them several times but even at the reduced price Cadence of Hyrule was still £15... while Crypt of the Necrodancer was still £17...

If they were both on a game card it would probably cost just over £30 and that would then feel worth it to me, heck I'll go to £40 to have them both on a card. :peace:

Sports Story!! :bouncy:

Obviously excited for SoR4 and Gleamlight looked interesting despite it seemingly being a Hollow Knight clone. 

Everyone who likes puzzle games needs to play The Talos Principle.

Personally, this showcase didn't excite that much. Sports StoryThe Survivalists and Dauntless were pretty much the only interesting games shown. The latter I've always wanted to try on my PS4 but Monster Hunter World scratched that itch. Will give it a go on my Switch later today.

content-4-36078-indieworld10122019roundupbanner.jpg

Nintendo Indie World 10/12/2019 Presentation Roundup

Now up on the main site, the standard N-Europe Roundup which traditionally follows every live Nintendo-related presentation. :D

Full press release, link to the embedded video and a couple of plugs for both upcoming episodes of our two podcasts which just might have some discussion about this. ;)

Personally, the Streets of Rage 4 trailer was the best bit for me but the One More Thing... at the end was pretty good. :peace:

I enjoyed Axiom Verge very much when I played it some time ago so I'm really happy with the reveal of the sequel. 

I've previously heard about Talos Principle and it has got really great reviews so will definitely look more at that later on. 

Other than that, not much I really want now but perhaps when we get closer to release of some of the other games, my interest in them grows.

Edited by MindFreak

Nothing much for me this time, except Axiom Verge 2 but that seems to be quite far away still. I'm downloading Dauntless now as I want to check it out, but I'm afraid it won't stand up to the likes of Monster Hunter.

Reminded me that I still haven't bought the first Axiom Verge. Sports Story was probably the highlight for me but it was a pretty good presentation overall although I'm not really a fan of having so many developers introducing their games on camera, it's nice when you get the odd one but having six or seven in one video is a bit too much.

Forgot about The Talos Principle, it definitely interests me but I didn't get on too well with The Witness so not sure i'll really like it

Edited by killthenet

On 09/12/2019 at 6:22 PM, S.C.G said:

I mean... I so nearly bought them several times but even at the reduced price Cadence of Hyrule was still £15... while Crypt of the Necrodancer was still £17...

If they were both on a game card it would probably cost just over £30 and that would then feel worth it to me, heck I'll go to £40 to have them both on a card. :peace:

Just for clarification, Crypt of the Necrodancer gets crazy cheap during sales (I got mine for 2,50€).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Just for clarification, Crypt of the Necrodancer gets crazy cheap during sales (I got mine for 2,50€).

Yeah, I've seen this game on sale loads of times @drahkon. I got it on Steam for less than a euro, but would definitely pick it up again on Switch for that lovely portable-ness.

14 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Yeah, I've seen this game on sale loads of times @drahkon. I got it on Steam for less than a euro, but would definitely pick it up again on Switch for that lovely portable-ness.

Have it for PS4 and Vita. Would triple-dip in a heartbeat for 10€.

Thrilled to see Sports Story and Axiom Verge 2, both huge successes on Switch so I'm not surprised sequels announced. Survivalists looked cool and that interactive comic book, shades of Inside there.

Great to see Nintendo continue to highlight and curate quality indie titles and show them off like this. :bowdown:

I liked a lot of the stuff in that direct. But I won’t spoil it here... Listen to the podcast on Thursday to find out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apart from stuff allready known (Talos Principle surprise drop is cool, Streets of Rage still looks cool), a disappointing presentation. Few things I'm interested in (maybe Dreamchaser), and nothing that gets me hyped. Except Axiom Verge, that was a cool announcement (and a long wait).

The Japanese got a different presentation.. Though apparently they're behing in western indies, most of it is stuff that's long been released over here.

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Dauntless is garbage, by the way.

Is it free to play? As a big Monster Hunter fan I'll be interested to at least give it a go!

Just now, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Is it free to play? As a big Monster Hunter fan I'll be interested to at least give it a go!

It is, but performance is horrible (apparently the PS4 version isn't much better) and it's just not fun, in my opinion. Maybe if I didn't enjoy Monster Hunter World so much I'd like Dauntless more but as it is, the F2P game is just boring ::shrug: 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

It's like Monster Hunter but it's a very cheap and shoddy version of it. Just stick to Monster Hunter on your Switch or Monster Hunter World on Game Pass.

• Thanks 1

On 10.12.2019 at 10:20 PM, Jonnas said:

It's on sale for 4€ now. :D 

Guess I don't need to tell you guys what I did :p 

40 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It's on sale for 4€ now. :D 

Guess I don't need to tell you guys what I did :p 

Bought it and then continued to play Slay the Spire?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Bought it and then continued to play Slay the Spire?

NO, you're wrong. I completed Act 1 of Crypt of the Necrodancer and then played Slay the Spire. :p 

• Haha 1