NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil 3 (3rd April 2020)

Rumours were going around last week that the game is in development and an announcement about it will be made soon. A site that covers everything that gets added to PSN has now found that this has been uploaded.

icon0.png

:eek::bouncy::eek:

After the success of the Resident Evil 2 remake it was obvious this was going to happen. It was one of the best games of this year and Capcom would have been foolish not to remake the third game. I can't wait to see it in action. If this is indeed true, that means we just need Code Veronica on disc and we will finally have the full mainline collection in physical form on a console (PS4/Xbox One).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Another one I will happily watch others play but never touch myself.

Not a fan of the series?

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not a fan of the series?

I like the series, I've just never liked playing them. I do have good memories of watching friends play through them.

• Thanks 2

Good idea. Wait until the others have left before touching yourself.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bob said:
17 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Good idea. Wait until the others have left before touching yourself.

You are attending the wrong kind of parties if you have to wait until everyone leaves

• Haha 1

The collector's set is only available in North America. 

Kind of disappointing. :p 

Do import games work on PAL consoles in the UK? :bowdown:

1 hour ago, CrowingJoe79 said:

Do import games work on PAL consoles in the UK? :bowdown:

Yeah, the PS4/Xbox are region free.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, the PS4/Xbox are region free.

If there's DLC though then you need an account from the same region to download it.

Brilliant news. 

RE 2 is easily the best game of the year for me. I did play The Last of Us for the first time this year though, which was incredible, but technically null and void for best of the year as it didn't come out in 2019. :p

So that prize goes to RE2. 

Feels like a quick release window too seeing as RE2 was only January. 

Cannot wait. 

Edited by Aneres11
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ike said:

If there's DLC though then you need an account from the same region to download it.

Yeah, that's a good point.

• Like 1

I wonder if they will carry on with the remakes after this with 4. 3 will end a very specific Resident Evil period.

6 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I wonder if they will carry on with the remakes after this with 4. 3 will end a very specific Resident Evil period.

Code Veronica would be the last one in the old style that needs a remake.  I hope they carry on and give it the upgrade it deserves.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Code Veronica would be the last one in the old style that needs a remake.  I hope they carry on and give it the upgrade it deserves.

Yeah I did wonder about Code Veronica, just couldn't remember if it came before or after 4.

Surely RE8 will be next in line, either late 2021 or early 2022 but yeah, Code Veronica remake would be pretty sweet

• Like 1

RE 8 will probably be confirmed at E3 next year. After that, I can see it being released in January of 2021.

RE 7: 2017.

RE 2: 2019.

RE 8: 2021.

Yeah, so RE 3 broke the chain a bit, but I think that had been in development during the time RE 2 was. If you know what I mean. 😲

I played the demo this afternoon. I forgot just how amazing the RE Engine is. The graphics are nuts.

The demo is only around 20 mins long but it gives you a good taste of the full game. You get to take out some zombies, make some ammo, use a shotgun and face Nemesis. I tried taking him on but the beast demolished me. Running was clearly the way to go. :D 

Like Resident Evil 2 Remake, there was a sense of familiarity with this.  I recognized certain locations but they had a new spin on them.

I was already looking forward to the game and now I'm positively hyped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve just played the demo too. The worry that Nemesis would ruin this game hasn’t been assuaged at all. I can imagine him just being an annoyance after a while, due to the fact he can jump in front of you and randomly grab you from a distance away. 

Had the same feeling playing Alien Isolation. Mr X was a fair opponent at least. 

Having said that, graphics are incredible and the non-Nemesis gameplay is top notch. 

I'm gonna play the demo in about 2 hours on Twitch, guys. 

Add me on Twitch.

twitch.tv/thesaunderschild 

Oh, and my user name is related to Grace Saunders, who is from the Alone in the Dark series. :) 

This arrived today and I've put a few hours in so far. 

I'm finding it very difficult. I'm only on medium difficulty but the balance of enemies feels completely off to me. 

Whilst I have obtained the shotgun, and updated my handgun with two parts by stunning Nemesis (he drops upgrades when stunned effectively), I am just surrounded constantly. 

I probably have enough ammo to take out the zombies, but Nemesis is in the mix too and it's virtually impossible to do anything other than try and dodge out of his way. 

It's more frustrating than anything currently which is disappointing given my love for the series and how sublime RE 2 is.

Hoping it gets better. 

Sign in to follow this