NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tim B

The Game Awards 2019

8 hours ago, killthenet said:

Do what I'm doing, have the election coverage going in your laptop while you watch the game awards on the TV. I'm hoping the surprise announcements will help to balance out the crushing depression of the election results.

Do what I'm doing, and just go to sleep in the middle of the night and read the summaries the next morning. :p

I'm curious though what awards Nintendo may pick up besides the family one. I think Smash Ultimate as best fighter is well deserved and gives Sakurai the credit he deserves. GOTY may be a longshot though judging the competition.

Death Stranding basically has TGA GOTY in the bag.  Smash (or any of Nintendo’s titles) are basically ineligible for the award.

Unless you’re a worldwide multiplayer phenomenon (i.e Fortnite or Overwatch), only cinematic 3rd person action games are eligible for the TGA GOTY award.

Looking forward to seeing Arthur from Gn’G get into Smash tonight though! :D 

• Thanks 1

Looks like we are getting another FFVII Remake trailer tonight/tomorrow morning.

Also, something strange is going on with Resident Evil 2. A new trophy/achievement that involves Jill has been spotted. Maybe some extra DLC for the game will be announced at the show?

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Also, something strange is going on with Resident Evil 2. A new trophy/achievement that involves Jill has been spotted. Maybe some extra DLC for the game will be announced at the show?

Resident Evil: S.T.A.R.S... :p

DLC which fills in a gap between Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 perhaps? ::shrug:

That's my guess. :)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

I see that PSN, Xbox Live and the eShop are getting TGA sales in the US and once again the rest of the world is getting left out. They really need to change this. :( 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

I remember last years show being a bit of a dud. Rather than just watching the show on its own, I think I'll go with the EZA crew for this years showing. If it is boring at least the banter from the guys will keep me entertained.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I remember last years show being a bit of a dud. Rather than just watching the show on its own, I think I'll go with the EZA crew for this years showing. If it is boring at least the banter from the guys will keep me entertained.

Yes, great minds and all that. :D

That's exactly what I'm doing, watching on Twitch via the Easy Allies stream right now. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

Yes, great minds and all that. :D

That's exactly what I'm doing, watching on Twitch via the Easy Allies stream right now. :)

I turned it on as Ben was saying that he liked The Bouncer. The man has great taste in games. :D 

• Like 1

I think the show would be unbearable without the allies, practically essential to watch it with them on twitch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Said in the voice of Huber...

"The Game Awards 2019, starts... right NOW!" :D

• Haha 1

I think it's pretty fucking offensive to put Best Score into the pre-show. Cut some of the ads and give creators their moment for Christ's sake.

• Like 1

Series X is a terrible name for a console. Even among the allies there was confusion as to whether it was a brand new console or another version of Xbox One 

• Thanks 1

Wow. The new Xbox being shown is a complete surprise. :eek: Hellblade 2 is just the icing on the cake. Well played, Microsoft.

As terrible as the name is they basically just sold me a console with that Hellblade announcement. 

2 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Series X is a terrible name for a console. Even among the allies there was confusion as to whether it was a brand new console or another version of Xbox One 

Yeah, it's a bit of a weird one because the Xbox One X already just goes by the name X and now I imagine this one will as well. 

I know it's a running joke with The Game Awards but this year has been particularly light on the awards. They even relegated best performance out of the main show

4 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I know it's a running joke with The Game Awards but this year has been particularly light on the awards. They even relegated best performance out of the main show

It's been a garbage show all round. I swear its get worse each year.

My thoughts so far...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a02f2c1ffcc43d53b84

Saying that, Reggie's speech was superb. I got a little choked up when he mentioned Iwata. :( 

• Like 2

What did I miss? I see Bravely Default 2, new trailer for No more Heroes 3, and Hellblade 2 so far.

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's been a garbage show all round. I swear its get worse each year.

My thoughts so far...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a02f2c1ffcc43d53b84

Saying that, Reggie's speech was superb. I got a little choked up when he mentioned Iwata. :( 

Same, it was a really nice speech from Reggie. 

You really haven't missed much @Sméagol, there haven't been any other notable announcements yet and there isn't long left for anything earth shattering. Doubt we'll see a Smash announcement now.

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

What did I miss? I see Bravely Default 2, new trailer for No more Heroes 3, and Hellblade 2 so far.

That's about it. The rest has been advertisements and countless CGI trailers of fantasy games that all look the same.

Honestly, I expected nothing of interest and got Bravely Default 2: What's Bravely Second?

So it's a win for me.

That last trailer before the GOTY award was such a wet fart to end on. It was great and hilarious.

Sign in to follow this