NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

Everwild (New game by Rare)

Judging by the interviews I don't think Rare even know what type of game it is yet. It's in pre-production so it's a long way off yet.

26 minutes ago, RedShell said:

A cross between BotW and Pokémon? :heh: 

That’d be pretty good actually. ;) 

See that creature up on top of that mountain?

You can climb up there and catch it! :D

• Haha 2

Trailer from the Xbox Games Showcase:

Looks gorgeous and could perhaps be the most interesting game coming out of Xbox Game Studios but there's still so little known about it other than that its an adventure game. I'd wager that they'll go the shared world route like they've done with Sea of Thieves going by the trailers so far and the heavy emphasis on multiple characters/teammates in there. Hopefully there's a strong single player component because as I say, the visuals are beautiful but not everything needs to be a shared world/multiplayer game. No idea of a launch window but presumably not till late next year at earliest.

• Thanks 1

Obviously not a huge amount to go on yet but this was by far the most interesting thing on the Xbox showcase. Up there with Stray as one of the most eciting projects on the horizon. If they figured out how to make a match 3 game that looked like this I'd be all over it. 

Well, it's not been a good week for Microsoft. First Halo Infinite losing its Lead Director, and now Everwild has lost its Creative Director.  

Studio head Craig Duncan said: “We thank Simon for all his hard work on Everwild and wish him the very best of luck for the future.

“The Everwild team are in good hands and passionate about building a game that will give players unforgettable experiences in a natural and magical world.”

No reason was given for the creative director’s decision to leave, though studio sources told VGC that he had been absent for some time after submitting his resignation earlier this month.

I’d expect this to lead to more delays to it, although hopefully not if they’d already been absent for some time.  It looks the part, I just hope the gameplay brings back some of that Rare flare.

2 hours ago, Kav said:

I think we heard rumours of something to similar effect a week or two ago, but VGC getting in on this definitely gives it a bit more substance. 

A shame, because that game looks great visually, but makes total sense. 

• Like 1

It’s not too surprising. I mean, they created a trailer for the game without really knowing what type of game it was even going to be. The development of it seems pretty rocky but hopefully Gregg will get things back on track and have a clear vision on the kind of game they want to create.

On 11/5/2020 at 10:49 AM, LazyBoy said:

My 2020 vapourware nomination.

Solid call here

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this