NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Diablo IV (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

All Hell Breaks Loose 6.6.23.

YES!

As with DII:R I will go digital all the way. :D 

A mate bought the digital deluxe edition and I paid a bit for it since we game share (I only paid 30 bucks, 'cause I won't have access to all the extra shit - not complaining, though, as 30€ for a new game is not bad :p). Looks like I'll be able to play the game early since I'm preloading already :o

Sadly I'll be out of town for the entire weekend so I can only play a bit from 1am on Friday :D

Still...can't wait to give it a proper go when I'm back next Monday :peace: Thoroughly enjoyed the beta and I need more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Sadly I'll be out of town for the entire weekend so I can only play a bit from 1am on Friday :D

absolute-win-hulk.gif

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! I've not really been keeping tabs on this game as I don't have any real history with dungeon crawlers (and especially Western developed ones), but I know a lot of the discussion around the game has it being a GOTY contender on the fringes (seem to be getting a whole lot of those this year!), so like with Street Fighter, it's one I'm definitely giving the side-eye. 

You know me, I'm open to playing pretty much anything – which Diablo would you recommend I check out first if I wanted to try one out? Or would you maybe recommend holding fire and seeing how IV pans out? :peace:

2 hours ago, Julius said:

absolute-win-hulk.gif

It's a loss now, though. Gotta wake up supremely early on Friday to catch a train so...no D4 until Monday evening for me :(
(But I'll get to visit friends and meet new people, so that's nice :D)

2 hours ago, Julius said:

You know me, I'm open to playing pretty much anything – which Diablo would you recommend I check out first if I wanted to try one out?

Never played the first one, so can't comment on that.

In my school years I played the second one (and its expansion) a lot. Like...more than 1000 hours. I also played the remaster for about 200h. It's great, if a bit archaic at times, especially compared to newer ARPGs.

The third one is probably a better starting point, especially on console. It works really well and is a bit more arcade-y than D2.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this