NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Monkey Barrels (Good Feel)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/good-feel-yoshis-crafted-world-among-others-reveals-new-ip-for-switch-monkey-barrels.149873/

5db7b6b5244be.jpg

y_5db7b6b51c287.jpg

z_5db7b6b520ce4.jpg

z_5db7b6b527ce1.jpg

https://monkey-barrels.com/

A new top-down twin stick shooter from Good Feel! Their first self-published game! I think it's coming out on the 31st of October in Japan? (either that of the 7th of Novmeber)

Has a single player mode and a multiplayer mode for up to 6 players (with online multi supported)

Looks cool! Not a lot of games like this out currently, so I'm down for a good old fashioned twin stick shooter :) 

• Thanks 1

Read about the game this morning and i'll certainly be keeping an eye on it. I :heart: Good-Feel's games. 

12 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Not a lot of games like this out currently, so I'm down for a good old fashioned twin stick shooter :) 

Have you played Assault Android Cactus? It's been out a couple of years on other platforms but it hit the Switch earlier this year. The game is rated very highly.

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Read about the game this morning and i'll certainly be keeping an eye on it. I :heart: Good-Feel's games. 

Have you played Assault Android Cactus? It's been out a couple of years on other platforms but it hit the Switch earlier this year. The game is rated very highly

One is not a lot :p 

Yeah, I've seen it; haven't yet played it though.  Will probably do at some point though!

• Haha 1

The old school Konami/Mystical Ninja vibes on that music!! :bouncy::yay:

If the entire game sounds that good it’ll be a must-buy for the soundtrack alone. :cool: *plays trailer again...* :hehe: 

Yeah, that looks bananas.  DEFO on my radar :D 

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

The old school Konami/Mystical Ninja vibes on that music!! :bouncy::yay:

If the entire game sounds that good it’ll be a must-buy for the soundtrack alone. :cool: *plays trailer again...* :hehe: 

I thought the same thing, defo reminded me of Goemon :D 

• Like 1

https://gonintendo.com/stories/348061-monkey-barrels-debut-trailer-released-full-game-details-shared

Looks like it's coming out next week in Europe! (Nov 7th)

eShop blurb below...

"In a world ruled by the consumer electronics giant Crabbenwold Electro, a pair of brave monkeys set out on a journey to rescue their kidnapped friends from an evil army of robot appliances!"

In addition to a 22-stage story mode, there's also an online competitive mode!

Features 3D pixel art that puts a fresh spin on old-school graphics!

Tons of fun and challenging stages await you!

98 different types of weapons to use!
From your standard weapons to the most unique, equip up to 4 items and take advantage of their strengths to beat the toughest stages!

Monkey vs. monkey! Online matches with up to 6 players!
Decide who's the #1 Boss Monkey in Banana Scramble! The rules are simple: whoever picks up the most bananas wins!

• Thanks 3

Did anyone ever play this? :blank: 

Just seen that it's coming to PC soon and will feature cross-play with the Switch version!

Looks like it'll run a lot better too. :o

Edited by RedShell

On 19/01/2021 at 7:22 PM, RedShell said:

Did anyone ever play this? :blank: 

AppropriateRingedBasilisk-size_restricte

I take it that's a no then. :heh:

Getting the impression this game must have bombed quite spectacularly on Switch, in that case it's no wonder they want to release it on other platforms.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I take it that's a no then. :heh:

Getting the impression this game must have bombed quite spectacularly on Switch, in that case it's no wonder they want to release it on other platforms.

I wanted to pick it up but then a physical version was announced. By the time that got released I had lost interest in the game. :p 

Yeah, the game seemed to kind of just pass by everyone. Not many people talked about it pre-release and it seems even fewer actually picked it up.

• Like 1

I tried to drum up some interest on the podcast around its release, but I think it was only ever me that expressed an interest, and even then I didn't pick it up when it went on a 30% discount late last year.  If it reduces to about 50%, I think I'd pick it up then, just out of interest.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this