NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Londragon

N-E Café Podcast

7 hours ago, Jonnas said:

45 minutes in, and that Kuukyomi game sounds like a hoot. "The considerate thing would be to turn off the computer AS FAST AS POSSIBLE" indeed :laughing: Had a hearty laugh.

I know exactly where the opening theme's from, but alas, that's not the transition tune.

My TT guess (Reveal hidden contents)

Streets of Rage 4 ?

Found out that Kuukiyomi is Android as well, free with ads or 79 cents for the full version. Just played through it and it's wonderfully weird haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A'ight, I don't have much to say regarding the second half of the podcast. I have very little patience for rumours these days, and a potential Switch Home has zero interest from me even if it were true.

I'll just say that I'm not too familiar with the Disco Elysium soundtrack. I simply checked a few tracks, noticed it had similar vibes to the transition tunes, and hazarded a guess. It was definitely mellower and more sombre than Hotline Miami's OST, though.

• Like 1

‘N-E Café [023] Mariko’s Dead, Baby’ has arrived on the N-European YouTube shores. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another good one this week.  I have no idea of the transition tunes, and the change in tone of the last one threw me even more!  Random guess:

Spoiler

One of the Shantae games.

• Like 1

Get ready for a 40-minute review of Xenoblade 2 this week. Two years too late, I know, but I'll definitely be interesting in hearing if the community shares my opinion on the game!

2 hours ago, WackerJr said:

Another good one this week.  I have no idea of the transition tunes, and the change in tone of the last one threw me even more!  Random guess:

TT random guess (Reveal hidden contents)

One of the Shantae games.

Not right I'm afraid. I honestly think no-one will get it, it's far too obscure and a TERRIBLE game. @nekunando reveals all tomorrow...

• Thanks 1

N-E Café [024] Does What it Says on the Tin has arrived.

The N-E Café Podcast pushes forwards with its 24th episode.  Lee Davies challenges Gregory Moffett and Nick Lone to best each other’s knowledge of Nintendo’s platforms and games in our Big Quiz, Back of the Box. They also discuss the recent Nintendo News; and games they’ve been playing, featuring Mechstermination Force and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

This is episode 24 of the N-E Café Podcast, an N-Europe Podcast. Enjoy!

⦁ Intro Music: Gabocarina96 - Roaming the Wastes (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

⦁ Introductions: 0:00:30

⦁ Nintendo News: 0:02:37

⦁ Sales Data/PodPals: 0:31:14

⦁ Download Delights: 0:34:50

⦁ Mechstermination Force: 0:38:05

⦁ Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 0:45:22

⦁ Quiz: Back of the Box: 1:25:43

⦁ Closing: 1:50:58

⦁ Podcast Extras: 1:52:55

A slightly weird one to record to this week, and we did so out of sequence.  See if you can tell the difference.

And a big shout out for Listener Questions.  It's been a long while since we tackled any of your thoughts and queries, what with one thing and another.  Next week will be the PodPals episode, so get over to the N-Europe Video Game Club thread and tell us what you think about Ori & the Blind Forest.

Edited by londragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently on minute 42, but not much to say... Just a transition tune guess:

Spoiler

Yooka-Laylee

Also, a more general thing: how difficult would it be to include time stamps, even if just in text? For example, I don't care much for Animal Crossing, so I don't care for the updates at the beginning, but I can't skip that part without knowing how long it is. Time stamps would also make the transition tunes easier to go back to and listen again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jonnas said:

TT guess (Hide contents)

Yooka-Laylee

Also, a more general thing: how difficult would it be to include time stamps, even if just in text? For example, I don't care much for Animal Crossing, so I don't care for the updates at the beginning, but I can't skip that part without knowing how long it is. Time stamps would also make the transition tunes easier to go back to and listen again.

We do include timestamps in written form in the show notes that appear at all the podcast providers.  iTunes has serious problems implementing them into clickable form and therefore we can't use them as standard on others because it messes iTunes up.

Do you mean putting the written time stamps on the forum here, if so I'll post them from now on, as I've done above (edited in)

Edited by londragon
  • Like 1

On 26/04/2020 at 4:34 PM, Nicktendo said:

Not right I'm afraid. I honestly think no-one will get it, it's far too obscure and a TERRIBLE game. @nekunando reveals all tomorrow...

Haha, you’re right there!  I’m almost relieved I didn’t know that one!

Midway through the latest one & TT guess:

Spoiler

Conker’s Bad Fur Day - I loved this game! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jonnas said:

TT guess (Reveal hidden contents)

Yooka-Laylee

Do you mean time stamps for individual news items? If so, we can certainly do that for the bigger news pieces.

15 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

Haha, you’re right there!  I’m almost relieved I didn’t know that one!

Midway through the latest one & TT guess:

TT guess (Reveal hidden contents)

Conker’s Bad Fur Day - I loved this game! 😂

Correct! I had a feeling you'd get that one :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Alright, having finished listening:

• Didn't know Mechstermination Force was made by the same guy from Gunman Clive. That's good to know, the game left a decent impression on me, back when I first saw it;
  • Congrats on completing Xenoblade 2, Nick :) I myself haven't played it, but I'm happy to hear about your first finished RPG in years, and I definitely enjoyed hearing your impressions;
  • Loved the Back-Box quiz. Guessed all the NES, SNES, and Cube ones, but only got one from the N64 :heh: Good game choices for the quiz.

8 hours ago, londragon said:

We do include timestamps in written form in the show notes that appear at all the podcast providers.  iTunes has serious problems implementing them into clickable form and therefore we can't use them as standard on others because it messes iTunes up.

Do you mean putting the written time stamps on the forum here, if so I'll post them from now on, as I've done above (edited in)

Ah, I see. Text is what I meant, yes, I just didn't know there even was a description to check (you can tell I don't use soundcloud much).

Thank you for posting them here, too :)

6 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Do you mean time stamps for individual news items? If so, we can certainly do that for the bigger news pieces.

It would be nice for the longer news pieces, if possible (hope it isn't much work). Maybe when the discussion on that piece of news goes on for 5 minutes or more? Not sure how long the AC segment went on for, but it did feel like more than 5 minutes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jonnas said:

1. Didn't know Mechstermination Force was made by the same guy from Gunman Clive. That's good to know, the game left a decent impression on me, back when I first saw it;

2. Loved the Back-Box quiz. Guessed all the NES, SNES, and Cube ones, but only got one from the N64 :heh: Good game choices for the quiz.

3. Text is what I meant, yes, I just didn't know there even was a description to check (you can tell I don't use soundcloud much).

4. Thank you for posting them here, too :)

5. It would be nice for the longer news pieces, if possible (hope it isn't much work). Maybe when the discussion on that piece of news goes on for 5 minutes or more? Not sure how long the AC segment went on for, but it did feel like more than 5 minutes.

Thanks again for the feedback Jonnas.

1. It feels a better and faster than game than the Gunman Clive ones, too.  Gunman Clive was a little too slow at points.  It's evident it's from the same developer as ideas are recycled from bosses from GC, but everything feels and plays better in MF.

2.Thanks.  I've already thought of a follow up, more to include everyone in the reading of the boxes.

3. Yeah, those descriptions are hidden behind drop down menus on SoundCloud, other providers are more upfront about the show notes.

4.  No problem.  I'll include them every week from now on.

5. We'll definitely try to implement that as much as is feasibly possible.

• Like 1

Well done on putting together another excellent edition of the N-E Café Podcast this week. :D

I finally got around to listening to it after taking part in the latest recording of A Smashing Cast (more on that soon) and I thought what better time to listen to N-E Café than in the evening, while playing a bit of Super Mario Odyssey (which I shockingly, still haven't finished by am working through now) to try and relax for a bit. :)

Both the game and the podcast certainly didn't disappoint. :peace:

It was nice to hear a bit about Mechstermination Force, as that's a game I plan to play just as soon as a certain retail version becomes available which should be soon.

I really enjoyed the Back of the Box quiz as well, though I do think that I probably guessed most if not all of them, there were some great games in there though. :smile:

The highlight for me (aside from the excellent transition tunes) is hearing about Nick completing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, finally the more than two years and over a hundred? or so hours was it? has paid off; it's really inspiring to hear about how much you enjoyed playing through the game and it's making me want to return to it soon so that I can finish it before Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition comes out.

At the moment though, it has been so long that I can almost hear a sound coming from the box to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 saying...

"Don't forget me! Don't forget me! D-don't forget... D-don't forget me!" :p

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2

N-E Café [025] Nintendo are Error has hit the airwaves and at a new short, little over 1 hour 14 minutes long.  We're saving it for the big PodPals discussion next week.  That's right PodPals has been delayed for a week, and Ori and the Blind Forest deep dive will be happening during the 26th episode of the N-E Cafe.

The N-E Café Podcast hits a quarter of a century with its 25th episode.  Lee Davies, Gregory Moffett and Nick Lone discuss the recent Nintendo News; games they’ve been playing, featuring Snooker 19, Nirvana Pilot Yume, Torna DLC, Shakedown Hawaii and Streets of Rage 4; and the Big Topic of the Week, Nintendo’s plans for the coming year.

This is episode 25 of the N-E Café Podcast, an N-Europe Podcast. Enjoy!

Intro Music: Xenoblade Chronicles X - Black Tar

Introductions: 0:00:33

Nintendo News: 0:03:03

PodPals Last Call: 0:18:48

Download Delights: 0:20:15

Snooker 19: 0:24:59

Nirvana Pilot Yume: 0:31:45

Torna DLC and Shakedown Hawaii: 0:37:52

Streets of Rage 4: 0:42:00

Is This Year Written Off?: 0:50:15

Closing: 1:12:06

Podcast Extras: 1:13:29

Can you guess what the Transition Tune is?  If it rings a bell, get in touch with us, or if you have a Listener's Question you’d like to discuss, contact us

• Thanks 1

Just finished listening. Great shout-out to SNK Gals Fighter and the Neo Geo Pocket, hopefully we'll see something like Card Fighters Clash somewhere down the line. 

I might have something more to say later regarding the "main" topic, but not from my phone right now.

And as for the transition tune:

Spoiler

The Wonderful 101

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 1

So, regarding the main theme, I think it's fair to say every company's plans for the second half of 2020 are botched. I fully expect to see more delays being announced, even as the Covid crisis subsides. In that light, I can see why Nintendo wants to reduce the amount of definite announcements and Directs, at least for this year.

Regarding Keighley's 4-month fest, I wonder if he might host it like a seasonal television series. "This week, we'll take a look at Ubisoft's projects" or something like that.

Also, Londragon, that Nirvana Co-Pilot sounds like a terrible waifu. Falling asleep while you do your stuff? Rude.

• Like 1

So, regarding the main theme, I think it's fair to say every company's plans for the second half of 2020 are botched. I fully expect to see more delays being announced, even as the Covid crisis subsides. In that light, I can see why Nintendo wants to reduce the amount of definite announcements and Directs, at least for this year.
Regarding Keighley's 4-month fest, I wonder if he might host it like a seasonal television series. "This week, we'll take a look at Ubisoft's projects" or something like that.
Also, Londragon, that Nirvana Co-Pilot sounds like a terrible waifu. Falling asleep while you do your stuff? Rude.

Fair play to her, she did have a gruelling race before hand, must have been shattered. It wasn’t my performance, honest.
  • Haha 2

N-E Café [026] PodPals (Ori and the Blind Forest) is now available to listen to at all good podcast providers.  Please, follow, subscribe, and give us a review if you like what we do, it helps with visibility.

Recorded on the 10th of May, 2020

The N-E Café Podcast reaches the lofty heights of 26.  Lee Davies, Gregory Moffett and Nick Lone discuss the recent Nintendo News, including the Investors Meeting breaking down sales of the last fiscal year; games they’ve been playing, featuring LightFall, 80s Overdrive and Streets of Rage 4; and the Topic of the Week, our PodPals dive into Ori and the Blind Forest.

This is episode 26 of the N-E Café Podcast, an N-Europe Podcast. Enjoy!

⦁ Intro Music: Ori and the Blind Forest - Intro

⦁ Introductions: 0:00:25

⦁ Nintendo News: 0:02:33

⦁ Best of the Forums: 0:18:24

⦁ Sales Data: 0:19:24

⦁ Download Delights: 0:30:04

⦁ LightFall: 0:33:13

⦁ 80s Overdrive: 0:38:54

⦁ Streets of Rage 4: 0:45:37

⦁ PodPals (Ori discussion): 0:48:58

⦁ Closing: 1:50:35

⦁ Podcast Extras: 1:52:07

Can you guess what the Transition Tune is?  Let us know in the comments below, and ask us any listener questions that you'd like us to talk about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes in and now that Millencolin song comes on! So my guess is

Spoiler

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

• Like 3

Just now, Vileplume2000 said:

18 minutes in and now that Millencolin song comes on! So my guess is

TT guess (Hide contents)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

aabe4e0fe635e508-910x512.jpg

• Like 3

Great episode this week. Glad to be part of the PodPals discussion, even while absent and mildly censored :heh: I see that "Jonnas should play Hollow Knight" was a running theme, too!

• Interesting to hear so many opinions contrasting my own. I feel like we balanced each other well;
  • Ori does have a projectile attack... but only if you go through the optional section (that dark part). They're light grenades, and they were among the last things I got in the game, so I don't quite know how useful they'd be in combat. From what I understand, this entire dark segment and its reward was originally DLC (or just part of the Definitive Edition, not sure);
  • Yeah, @londragon, I saw you mention the Mega Man games in the Gaming Diary thread some time ago. You planning to do a review/retrospective once you're done with the classic series?

(Also, excellent timing with the Transition Tune!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonnas said:

Great episode this week. Glad to be part of the PodPals discussion, even while absent and mildly censored :heh: I see that "Jonnas should play Hollow Knight" was a running theme, too!

(Also, excellent timing with the Transition Tune!)

You absolutely need to play Hollow Knight. Given your comments on Ori, you will absolutely love it! Join the club of Hollow Knight superfans with me and @Ronnie

I've just finished Ori, here's proof (some top names on that list):

fHgtLty.jpg

To be honest, I was warming to it towards the back end of the game. It's true that you do feel much more powerful, and more importantly, capable in the last third of the game. I was getting frustrated much less often as I did in the beginning once I hit the final temple and really managed to find my stride with the movement and platforming. I feel like I've maybe been too harsh on the game in the podcast. Despite my comments, I want to get to 100% completion. Exploration was fairly enjoyable in this game and I finished on 88% in exactly 9 hours so it shouldn't take too long to mop everything up. Saying that though... I cannot undo there pure rage that this game made me feel at times. I'll try to put a post together for the gaming diary soon. That's actually two games finished today if we include Streets of Rage 4 which I beat earlier this evening. 

The transition tunes turned out to be a stroke of genius, cannot WAIT for that to come out. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 5

N-E Café [027] Are You Online? is now available at good podcast providers.  Just check out the opening post of this thread for the full list.

The 27th N-E Café Podcast features the talents of Lee Davies, Gregory Moffett and Nick Lone.  This week they discuss the recent Nintendo News, including the Paper Mario reveal; games they’ve been playing, featuring Clumsy Rush, Ori and the Blind Forest and Streets of Rage 4; and the Topic of the Week, Nintendo’s Online Infrastructure and our experiences of playing online multiplayer games.

This is episode 27 of the N-E Café Podcast, an N-Europe Podcast. Enjoy!

⦁ Intro Music: KK Slider - Steep Hill

⦁ Introductions: 0:00:27

⦁ Nintendo News: 0:03:20

⦁ Download Delights: 0:36:37

⦁ Ori and the Blind Forest (final thoughts): 0:37:59

⦁ Streets of Rage 4 (final thoughts): 0:41:50

⦁ Clumsy Rush: 0:51:34

⦁ Big Topic: Online Infrastructure: 0:59:54

⦁ Closing: 1:26:52

⦁ Podcast Extras: 1:28:41

Can you guess what the Transition Tune is?  If it rings a bell, get in touch with us, or if you have a Listener's Question you’d like to discuss, contact us right here.

• Thanks 1

I will have more to say about the episode during the evening, but I should really get my guess in:

Spoiler

Streets of Rage 2

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this