NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Londragon

N-E Café Podcast

“Guess the Transition Tune”.  Between podcast segments you’ll hear a short piece of Nintendo based music.  Tell us what game the music clip comes from, and bonus points for the name of the track.

No correct guesses for the Transition Tunes yet, any takers?

I subscribed through SoundCloud.
Anyway, you don’t need a review from me - fantastic job & I recommend anyone reading this to give it a listen.

Actually, we’d love a review on your Podcast Subscriber , a like, etc. Can’t get enough of those. Especially positive ones.
  • Like 1

If you don't happen to have access to other platforms or just fancy listening to it in your browser while you do something else, N-E Café [001] Switch to the 3DS is now available on YouTube :hehe:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Nice job there @nekunando :)

I've updated the article on the main page so that it now has the YouTube video embedded in addition to SoundCloud. :D

As a bonus, I've now figured out why centreing YouTube videos in articles wasn't working for me in the past, I'll try centering them from now on. :blush:

We live and learn... :indeed:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I listened to the podcast yesterday on my way to work. I thought it was a pretty solid first episode, with conversations flowing well, and good voice quality overall (at least from where I was driving). Definitely liked how it was clear-cut structured, and I enjoyed the segment transitions as well (as well as the idea to make them into a "listener" game).

Listening to them on Youtube would definitely be easier for me going forward, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Updated the opening post with a bunch of extra podcast providers.  And, it's taken nearly a week, but we are now on iOS, Apple Podcasts (iTunes).

If there's a podcast service that you use, and is not currently on our list, give me a shout and I'll get onto it.

Thanks.  Oh, and any listener questions for future episodes?

• Thanks 1

You'll hear on our newest Podcast, N-E Cafe [002] Nick's Awakening (coming soon), that we're are starting our community based gaming sessions, entitled PodPals.  We get listeners to vote for one of 4 games, this time themed on the SNES, and the winner of that will, hopefully, be played by as many people as possible within a month, where we'll record a special PodPals episode devoting a Big Topic to the game, and any feedback from the community that needs to be addressed.

We encourage you to vote and to send in feedback, either here, or at one of our social media sites.

The 4 games are: Demon's Crest; Super Metroid; Super Mario World; and Breath of Fire.

You can tell us here what you'd prefer to play, or we are running a poll on Twitter, right now.

https://twitter.com/NECafe2/status/1194782412619665408?s=20

Can't wait to hear from you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Demon's Crest gets my vote. :D

Great game, easily the most underrated out of those four SNES titles.

• Like 1

Just under halfway into listening to the latest podcast, good stuff so far. :D (I've reached the obligatory Wave Race mention) ;)

We'll of course promote the latest episode on the front page, the only reason I haven't yet is I didn't know if @Vileplume2000 was going to post it?

You did a really excellent job of promoting it last week Dennis so I thought I'd leave it to you but if you want me to put it up then I can. :peace:

Anyway, excellent to see you keeping the momentum going with the podcast. :)

• Like 1

Just now, S.C.G said:

Just under halfway into listening to the latest podcast, good stuff so far. :D (I've reached the obligatory Wave Race mention) ;)

We'll of course promote the latest episode on the front page, the only reason I haven't yet is I didn't know if @Vileplume2000 was going to post it?

You did a really excellent job of promoting it last week Dennis so I thought I'd leave it to you but if you want me to put it up then I can. :peace:

Anyway, excellent to see you keeping the momentum going with the podcast. :)

On it, should be up in a couple of minutes :grin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greg has created a YouTube version of the 2nd podcast and it’s up right now at the N-Europe page.
http://

• Thanks 3

Getting ready for the third N-E Cafe Podcast, and just a quick shoutout to all for Listener Questions, PodPals votes, and to keep tuned this week as we'll be sharing information on our very first Game Giveaway.  More details later.

• Like 1

Listener question: I was looking at the list of 2020 games and there is not much confirmed yet, only a couple of big titles like Animal Crossing and Xenoblade HD.

Realistically, which games do you expect for 2020?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We announced on the third podcast that Blue Sunset Games has provided us with a free European copy of their Switch eShop game Assault on Metaltron, a tower defence game in which the player takes control of a golem/robot that is charged with defending Metaltron from the legions of humans and orcs that seek to conquer it!  

To be in with a chance of winning a European copy for yourself, you’ll have to Follow us on Twitter @necafe2, like & retweet the competition post, and tag a friend.  Full details at our Twitter account. We’ll announce the winner on next week’s show. Good luck everybody!

I should imagine the competition will be limited in scope, so there's a very good chance of winning if you enter.

@Vileplume2000 When you post the Podcast on the main site (when it's up that is), could you give a mention to Blue Sunset Games and the competition within the post.  Forever in your debt Dennis.

We'll be in touch with other small indie companies to see if we can make this a more frequent venture.

Tweet is here; https://twitter.com/NECafe2/status/1196959022038966273

Edited by londragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The SoundCloud link to the third episode of N-E Café is here.

N-E Café [003] Metroid Prime Trilogy HD (2020).  That's right Metroid Trilogy is coming next year.  You heard it here first.

• Thanks 2

Another fantastic podcast, I really enjoyed listening to it this afternoon, some really good talking points and a good flow of conversation. :)

I'll take a guess at the music tracks... they are from the same game at least I believe? I couldn't name the tracks individually but they're from Cadence of Hyrule I think.

I've also got a question for you which you could use on the next podcast... How do you manage to divide your time between playing the latest game releases and your backlog?

I'm sure this latest edition of N-E Café will be promoted on the front page soon but I'll leave that to Dennis. :D

• Like 3

Another fantastic podcast, I really enjoyed listening to it this afternoon, some really good talking points and a good flow of conversation.

Thanks. Apart from my bullshit about MegaMan at the beginning. I’ll be giving an apology next week, .
  • Haha 2

Nice job @nekunando :) I've updated the original article with the embedded Youtube video. :peace:

• Like 1

Fourth Podcast has been recorded, felt good this week, too.

We metion the PodPals Community game that was chosen, and the winner was, by one vote, Demon's Crest.

We'll be recording the PodPals podcast episode during the last week of December, no final dates yet.  So, instead of 2 Podcasts recorded on the 24th and 31st December, we'll be doing one in the middle of it all, and it'll include the usual news section, etc., but also the PodPals section where we'll all talk about the game and quote all who have anything to say about it too.

So, hopefully it won't be just Me, Greg and Nick playing by our lonesomes, but a few other viewpoints would be much appreciated and make for better listening too.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

'N-E Café [004] The Art of Balance' is here.  Just follow the link to SoundCloud, or choose your Podcast Provider of choice in the opening post.

Sit back, relax, the coffee's on us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I really enjoyed listening to Episode 4, I've been catching bits of it here and there throughout the afternoon and I just finished listening to the entire show.

Thanks for answering my listener's question by the way, I thought it would be the case that you all have plenty of games to play but not enough time to play them, it's interesting to see how you cope with the sheer amount of titles though, I think I'm going to have to start making some kind of list in order to get anywhere with the amount of Switch games I have alone.

I'm pretty sure Dennis is hard at work uploading the promotional article for episode 4 in addition to this weeks release and eShop discounts, so it'll no doubt be on the front page soon.

Let us know when the latest episode is up on YouTube as well and we'll surely add that to the article as well at a later time.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this