NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Londragon

N-E Café Podcast

Some great ideas for revivals of older games.  It brought back memories of playing 2-player Super Kick Off and being thrashed at Sensibie Soccer too (great game but I was no competition for my friends!).

I agree that seeing Sensible Soccer or Cannon Fodder revived would be great.  Good shout about Command & Conquer @Vileplume2000 I only really played Red Alert but it was excellent!

There were some good (& surprisingly difficult) Disney games back in the 8 / 16-bit era. I haven’t bought the recent Aladdin / Lion King ones, but remember playing them, and enjoyed the ‘Did You Know Gaming’ episode where they explained just why level 2 (the frustrating monkey puzzle) was so tough.

Spoiler

Of course Jonnas is right. I actually had the Master System version as a child, but the film’s soundtrack is so good that even the video game tunes are catchy & instantly recognisable! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 17/03/2021 at 8:00 AM, Vileplume2000 said:

Another genre that I loved when I was younger but haven't played in a while as I feel that there have been no good releases in it is the point & click. Although you could argue that maybe the walking simulator is kind of filling in this gap.

Almost forgot to respond to this, but... Have you checked the games that Daedalic tends to publish? Seems like that company is fully determined to bring the Point&Click genre back into relevancy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

N-E Café [069] Nothing For Free is now live at all good podcast providers.

It's a bitter sweet episode this week.  Great, fun Nintendo discussion with a nice quiz about the Top 50 Grossing Video Game Franchises, but as we state at the end of the podcast, we are taking a break.  This most certainly isn't the end of the N-E Cafe Podcast, but we'll be shying away from the airwaves for about 2 months. It's an incredibly hard thing to do when you enjoy spending your time talking about Nintendo with 2 blinding co-hosts.  Extra time commitments outside of the internet sphere have made us hard pressed to produce anything of late, so it's best if we settle the real world details before heading back online.

Enjoy our latest podcast, and until the next one, where we'll keep you informed of our imminent return right here.  Thanks for listening and supporting us.  Any new listeners can catch up with all 69 episodes at the N-Europe YouTube Channel, and at Old Nintendo Gamer & Son YouTube Channel where we split the podcasts up into topics of discussion.

Thanks again.

Recorded on the 21st of March, 2021.  

Episode 69 of the N-E Café has regular hosts Lee Davies, Gregory Moffett and Nick Lone discussing the most noteworthy Nintendo News of the week, their Recent Games, and Lee quizzes the boys on their knowledge of the top 50 grossing video game franchises ever. Join us for the fun!

This is episode 69 of the N-E Café Podcast, an N-Europe Podcast. Enjoy!

⦁ Intro Music: Super Mario Bros.3: Athletic Theme

⦁ Introductions: 0:00:26

⦁ Nintendo News: 0:02:47

⦁ Download Delights: 00:27:40

⦁ Turok 2 & Pro Evo: 00:35:58

⦁ Bowser’s Fury: 00:40:08

⦁ Borderlands 2 Final Thoughts & Apex Legends: 00:51:08

⦁ Top 50 Highest Grossing Gaming Franchises Quiz: 00:56:48

⦁ Closing: 01:20:39

⦁ Podcast Extras: 01:22:24

Can you guess what game the Transition Tunes come from?  If they ring a bell, get in touch with us, or if you have a Listener's Question you’d like us to discuss, contact us right here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Londragon said:

N-E Café [069] Nothing For Free is now live at all good podcast providers.

It's a bitter sweet episode this week.  Great, fun Nintendo discussion with a nice quiz about the Top 50 Grossing Video Game Franchises, but as we state at the end of the podcast, we are taking a break.  This most certainly isn't the end of the N-E Cafe Podcast, but we'll be shying away from the airwaves for about 2 months. It's an incredibly hard thing to do when you enjoy spending your time talking about Nintendo with 2 blinding co-hosts.  Extra time commitments outside of the internet sphere have made us hard pressed to produce anything of late, so it's best if we settle the real world details before heading back online.

Enjoy our latest podcast, and until the next one, where we'll keep you informed of our imminent return right here.  Thanks for listening and supporting us.  Any new listeners can catch up with all 69 episodes at the N-Europe YouTube Channel, and at Old Nintendo Gamer & Son YouTube Channel where we split the podcasts up into topics of discussion.

Thanks again.

Recorded on the 21st of March, 2021.  

Episode 69 of the N-E Café has regular hosts Lee Davies, Gregory Moffett and Nick Lone discussing the most noteworthy Nintendo News of the week, their Recent Games, and Lee quizzes the boys on their knowledge of the top 50 grossing video game franchises ever. Join us for the fun!

This is episode 69 of the N-E Café Podcast, an N-Europe Podcast. Enjoy!

⦁ Intro Music: Super Mario Bros.3: Athletic Theme

⦁ Introductions: 0:00:26

⦁ Nintendo News: 0:02:47

⦁ Download Delights: 00:27:40

⦁ Turok 2 & Pro Evo: 00:35:58

⦁ Bowser’s Fury: 00:40:08

⦁ Borderlands 2 Final Thoughts & Apex Legends: 00:51:08

⦁ Top 50 Highest Grossing Gaming Franchises Quiz: 00:56:48

⦁ Closing: 01:20:39

⦁ Podcast Extras: 01:22:24

Can you guess what game the Transition Tunes come from?  If they ring a bell, get in touch with us, or if you have a Listener's Question you’d like us to discuss, contact us right here.

Extra kudos for anyone who can decipher the music tracks behind the big topic this week!

I'm afraid I don't have much to add this week (other than that Aladdin on Mega Drive was actually pretty dang cool). I really liked hearing the main topic's quiz, and all of the surprises it revealed (how the heck was PUBG more profitable than Fortnite? Baffling).

Regarding the pause, I hope you enjoy the break. We all need some rest from time to time, and hopefully it'll do you all some good. See you soon :smile:

And just for the heck of it...

Spoiler

Turok 2

Haven't played those games, but this is the soundtrack I expect that series to have

7 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Extra kudos for anyone who can decipher the music tracks behind the big topic this week!

I don't think I can! I think I recognized Onett in there... and maybe the Wii Fit results screen? But it's quite hard to recognize the specific tunes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36468-necafe69banner.jpg

N-E Café Episode 69 now available!

Now up on the main page. :D

- - - - -

Another excellent episode. and again, it has seemed to be a slow news week, so there's a lot of news in there, which is great to hear. There's always a decent amount of news each week, even if it's more general stuff, such as new editions of joy-con controllers, but when all of the Nintendo sales figures etc come in, it's all broken down in a way which makes it easy to understand, and interesting as well, in a way which is challenging to convey in a written article.

I haven't got much to say about the games played this week, except for Turok 2 Seed of Evil, of course, as that's another fantastic title, and one where you can really start to see where the developers were going, in terms of design similarities between Turok and Metroid Prime. Also, the banner this week is like last week's except with the 'target' logo from the second game, as it was challenging to find any other decent Turok .png images which scale well.

The quiz had a few surpising aswers in there, it's interesting to find out which of the franchises are still popular in terms of sales, as it's not always the series which you might naturally assume, though there were a few familiar franchises in there, and when I heard them I was already thinking them in my head, indeed, there was a nice synchronicity between Nick and Greg on one of those answers. :D

It's going to be odd not promoting the podcast for a while, but it is good to hear that you're all taking a break from it, this is a good time to refocus generally I think, because as grateful as we are for the podcast, it surely takes a lot of time and energy to put together every week, sometimes it's best to take a break, as I know we all have commitments in life, plus the most important commitments, are the ones you make to yourself and those around you, family, friends etc... also, it's good to take some time doing other things which you enjoy in life, be it learning new things, or just taking some time to reflect. :smile:

Thanks once again to @Londragon @Nicktendo and @nekunando for the podcast, and thanks to @Vileplume2000 for uploading each episode to YouTube. :peace:

In the meantime, I'll see what I can do on the news front, as I have been finding a few articles each week, and I expect there may well be some sales stuff for Nintendo, being that it's coming up to the end of March, but I'll see what I can do to put that info across in article form, though I think generally, aside from maybe a Nintendo Direct or a Smash character reveal, I don't think we'll see too much Nintendo news in the next month or two... probably, and even if we do, that'll just be more for you all to talk about for Episode 70. :)

Oh and one last thing...

Spoiler

It is of course... Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes ;)

• Like 4

Another good episode, and a cool Topic of the Week! Enjoy your well-deserved rest, and thanks for all the time and work that went into the podcast. :bowdown:

And episode 69 is finally on YouTube as well, I completely forgot to upload it over the weekend (blame MH Rise). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy your break everyone. I can imagine the effort involved by yourselves, along with all the editing, uploading, etc. and it’s appreciated by everyone that listens I’ve no doubt.

• Thanks 2

A thread bump to highlight a fantastic game we played in the 66th Podcast episode, where we killed Nintendo franchises until only 9 remained.  Now with visual representation of the omissions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, this is out of the blue, but the draw of E3 is still strong with us, so I'm really happy to say that episode 70 of the N-E Cafe Podcast, featuring a few Recent Games, and lots of general E3 discussion and specifically Nintendo predictions thanks to Greg's 20 Questions.  It was great getting back together with Nick and Greg to chat about games, and we'll be back in two weeks time to discuss what we thought of Nintendo's E3 showing.  Sorry if we're all a little rusty, it felt strange at first after a 2 1/2 month hiatus.

N-E Café [070] E3 2021 Preview and Predictions

Recorded on the 6th of June, 2021.  

Episode 70 of the N-E Café sees the return of regular hosts Lee Davies, Gregory Moffett and Nick Lone discussing their Recent Games, and jumping on the bandwagon of E3 hype. Join us for the fun!

This is episode 70 of the N-E Café Podcast, an N-Europe Podcast. Enjoy!

⦁ Intro Music: F-Zero X - Title Theme

⦁ Introductions: 0:00:42

⦁ Greg’s Games, featuring Luigi’s Mansion 3: 00:03:00

⦁ Lee’s Games, featuring Monster Hunter Rise & The Talos Principle: 00:10:42

⦁ Nick’s Games, featuring Xbox Series S & Rare Replay: 00:21:23

⦁ Xbox purchases: 00:26:57

⦁ E3 General Preview: 00:36:40

⦁ 20 E3 Questions with Greg: 01:07:32

⦁ Further Predictions: 01:33:39

⦁ Closing: 01:48:54

Can you guess what game the Transition Tunes come from?  If they ring a bell, get in touch with us, or if you have a Listener's Question you’d like us to discuss, contact us right here at this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36514-necafe70banner.jpg

N-E Café Episode 70 now available!

- - - - -

Welcome back to the N-E Café Podcast, it's great to have another episode up on the site, and an E3-themed episode at that. Excellent timing, and I very much enjoyed hearing about all of your predictions for the event, plus catching up with all the games you've been playing. :)

Only a week to go until Nintendo's E3 Direct, it'll be nice to hear what you all thought about it, so I'll look forward to your reactions in the next episode.

An E3 related banner, featuring the latest E3 logo, plus a couple of titles we're likely to see (or not), also, bonus point for anyone who can guess which game logo that I took the 'HYPE' text from... It's quite a well-known title, but it felt right to put something hype-related in an E3 banner, as it just goes with it. :peace:

As for the transition tune, I'm not really sure but I'll have a guess...

Spoiler

For some reason, I think it might be from Viewtiful Joe though I'm not certain.

Thanks for an excellent episode, and N-Europe is grateful for any future episodes that you can produce going forward, as I understand that it takes a lot of time and energy in order to create each show. It's a really decent podcast though, with solid production values, and some good group discussion.

Roll on E3 for next week... as while I'm not generally as enthused for Nintendo and videogames as I used to be, even I can't say that I'm not at least a little bit hyped after listening to a whole podcast about it. ;) (an appearance from Samus Aran is bound to happen, be it a cameo, new trailer for Metroid Prime 4, a spin-off, port or Metroid Dread revival/Metroid Prime Trilogy HD)

• Thanks 1

Just in case anyone wants to play along with our predictions game this week, here is a list of what we covered in the podcast:

1. Will we see Mario throw his cap during the presentation?

2. Will there be a game with the word 'Remix' in the title?

3. Will Samus fire a missile?

4. Castlevania will be revealed for Switch but will not have the word 'of' in the title.

5. Will we see Link use a hookshot?

6. Will we hear the words "Henshin-a-go-go baby!"?

7. Bayonetta will make reference to the fact that we have been kept waiting.

8. Mario Golf: Super Rush will be revealed to have a free trial.

9. Something will have 'New' in the title.

10. Nintendo will apologize for something.

11. A new colour/themed Joy-Con will be shown.

12. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 will be teased.

13. There will be a Zelda roguelike.

14. Master Chief will 'finish the fight' in Smash Bros Ultimate.

15. Will we see Donkey Kong beating his chest?

16. There will be a Wii U port.

17. Nintendo will throw in a troll about a 'Switch Pro'.

18. A new Kirby game will be revealed.

19. We will get an official name for 'Breath of the Wild'.

20. Mario Kart 9 or Mario Kart 8 DLC will be shown.

Edited by nekunando
  • Thanks 2

Hey, this was a nice surprise! The Café happened to return on a week where I'm off work (so no opportunity to listen to it during a car trip), but I listened to what I could. It seems to just be an episode of E3 speculation, so I don't have much to comment on besides answering those questions!

Spoiler

Of course, he'll throw his cap upwards after scoring a hole in Mario Golf

No

.....Yes. Let's be optimistic.

4. Castlevania will be revealed for Switch but will not have the word 'of' in the title.
Every Castlevania game that fits this description is already available on Switch (except for Rebirth). So, no.

No. He doesn't whip that out for E3.

No, but I like the optimism.

Yes

That sounds plausible. Yes.

No. Not this time.

Yeah, I think it'll happen. "Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are still in development. Please understand."

Yes. I can see it.

No, I don't think that's Monolith's next project

If a Cadence of Hyrule appearance counts, yes. If not, no.

No

Yes

Yes, let's go Kirby!

No, it's not their style. It's either an honest announcement, or utter silence on the subject.

Yes, twice the Kirby!

...You mean for BotW 2, right? Because the first one already has a title. If it is BotW 2, then yes.

No, as Mario Golf and/or Mario Party would be overshadowed by this.

21. Will there be a Fire Emblem announcement that will please Jonnas?
Oddly specific question, but I think yes!

And the transition tune... I think Sam got it already.

Welcome back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

N-E Café [071] E3 2021 (insert emotion) is now available from all good podcast providers.

Recorded on the 20th of June, 2021.  

Episode 71 of the N-E Café sees the return of regular hosts Lee Davies, Gregory Moffett and Nick Lone discussing the entire E3 that pertained to their joy.  A deep dive into Nintendo’s presentation, and the winner of Greg’s 20 Prediction Questions is announced. Join us for the fun!

This is episode 71 of the N-E Café Podcast, an N-Europe Podcast. Enjoy!

⦁ Intro Music: WarioWare Touched - Title

⦁ Introductions: 0:00:28

⦁ Third Parties’ E3 Performance: 00:02:48

⦁ Nintendo’s E3 Direct: 00:10:45

⦁ 20 E3 Answers with Greg: 01:20:20

⦁ Closing: 01:39:14

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36521-necafe71banner.jpg

N-E Café Episode 71 now available!

- - - - -

A very enjoyable E3 2021 episode, it was fantastic hearing your thoughts on Nintendo's presentation, I won't spoil anything, but your thoughts were quite similar to mine across most of the games, Metroid Dread and Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp were highlights for me, hence the banner. (I did look for .png images but there weren't any with transparent backgrounds, though I think the banner turned out alright) :)

I won't guess the tune this week, partly because I'm not sure, but also because I just happen to be around when the podcast is uploaded, that usually means I'm first to guess it and it'd be good for someone else to either guess, or have more of a chance to guess at least. :peace: (the tracks do seem somewhat familiar though, perhaps)

Thanks again, and it would be great if there's another episode in a couple of weeks, but I know it all depends on if it can be fitted in, and indeed, if there's been enough news, E3 week is usually good for news, then there can be a lull afterwards, but knowing Nintendo, there could be a random direct or announcement any time within the next week or two...

In any case, until next time. :smile:

• Thanks 3

It was nice to hear an episode of the N-E Café again. Glad to hear your general thoughts on E3, and the upcoming games. One thing I'd like to mention is that Intelligent Systems likely isn't working on Fire Emblem right now, because they're the developers working on the recently announced Warioware. Otherwise, I think I gave all my thoughts on E3 and respective announcements here on the forum.

I do need to try and guess the Transition Tune:

Spoiler

I have no idea, I don't recognise any of the tracks. So it has to be some sort of zany game I haven't played... Maybe it's Worms W.M.D.

Oh, I also loved to hear the results of the N-E Café Betting Special. Let's see how I fared:

20 questions (Hide contents)

Of course, he'll throw his cap upwards after scoring a hole in Mario Golf
You failed me, Mario

No
This one was easy

.....Yes. Let's be optimistic.
Optimism pays off!

Every Castlevania game that fits this description is already available on Switch (except for Rebirth). So, no.
Close call!

No. He doesn't whip that out for E3.
See?

No, but I like the optimism.
I still like the optimism

Yes
Why did I say that?

That sounds plausible. Yes.
I forgot, but this ended up being a no, right?

No. Not this time.
KAKAROOOTTTTT!!!!

Yeah, I think it'll happen. "Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are still in development. Please understand."
Fittingly, Nintendo didn't have to apologise for shit when Dread was on the cards.

Yes. I can see it.
Seriously, why did I say that?

No, I don't think that's Monolith's next project
Still not really feeling it.

If a Cadence of Hyrule appearance counts, yes. If not, no.
Man, this was a shitty answer. An honest logical reading says I fucked this one up.

No
Hah!

Yes
*sad monkey noises*

Yes, let's go Kirby!
Right for the wrong reasons!

No, it's not their style. It's either an honest announcement, or utter silence on the subject.
There you go

Yes, twice the Kirby!
*sad poyo noises*

...You mean for BotW 2, right? Because the first one already has a title. If it is BotW 2, then yes.
*sad HAYAAAH*

No, as Mario Golf and/or Mario Party would be overshadowed by this.
That's a bingo!

21. Will there be a Fire Emblem announcement that will please Jonnas?
Oddly specific question, but I think yes!
It was announced that Warioware has a Fire Emblem microgame, and I am pleased. Booyah! But the question doesn't count towards the total, so...

Huh, 10/20! That's funny, considering your own results.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Transition tunes proving tough this week. Lee and Greg both stumped as well. 

It's an N64 game and one we mentioned on the show. 

20 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

...maybe...

Spoiler

Mario Party 2 perhaps

6 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

I feel better that others are struggling as I don’t have the foggiest!  I’ve no reason to ever doubt Jonnas’ guesses, so in case it’s somehow not right, I’m going for:

Spoiler

Cruisin’ USA

Good discussion about E3 overall and the Nintendo Direct. I agree with the description “solid” that was used, and no doubt helped in part by the lack of huge announcements throughout the rest of E3.

2 hours ago, WackerJr said:

I feel better that others are struggling as I don’t have the foggiest!  I’ve no reason to ever doubt Jonnas’ guesses, so in case it’s somehow not right, I’m going for:

N64 title.... still no idea but at least the list is smaller! (Reveal hidden contents)

Cruisin’ USA

Painstakingly close!

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this