NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Londragon

N-E Café Podcast

13 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I'm guessing Enter The Gungeon.

13 hours ago, S.C.G said:

It isn't Crypt of the Necrodancer  is it?

All will be revealed on this week's podcast.

19 hours ago, londragon said:

All will be revealed on this week's podcast.

I think it has been revealed :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

N-E Café [007] Game of the Year.
It’s here. A mammoth episode featuring all 4, yes 4, hosts’ best Nintendo games of the year (some couldn’t quite make the 10 needed). Plenty of honourable mentions and general game talk, including some PS4 love from Sam.
In our Recent Games section, Lee talks about Dauntless and Sam about River City Girls.

N-E Café [007] Game of the Year.
It’s here. A mammoth episode featuring all 4, yes 4, hosts’ best Nintendo games of the year (some couldn’t quite make the 10 needed). Plenty of honourable mentions and general game talk, including some PS4 love from Sam.
In our Recent Games section, Lee talks about Dauntless and Sam about River City Girls.

• Thanks 1

Forgot to mention, can anyone guess the Transition Tune.  What game are those tracks hailing from?

A massive shoutout to all who have played Demon's Crest.  We'll be recording the PodPals show over the winter holidays, so our schedule will be delayed.  During the 2 weeks of holidays we'll be putting one podcast up.  Anyone with an interest in Demon's Crest (SNES) who has opinions, whether positive, negative or indifference, tell all here and we'll fully recite your experience with the game on the very next podcast.

And lastly, any listener's questions, can be anyting mundane or impactfully deep.. We'll broach all gaming related subjects.

We'll be back to a regular recording schedule starting the 2nd week of January.  Enjoy your holidays everyone.

• Like 2

Another enjoyable episode. I really liked the transition tubes in Episode 7, although no idea what game! 😂

It’s nice to hear that others have had similar problems to me, still going through the backlog of games so I haven’t actually played many 2019 releases.  It’s a shame no-one seems to have played AI: The Somnium Files, as I haven’t yet either, but I was hoping it would be among the top games of the year so I can justify getting it!  A good choice of games by the team though.  Thanks as always!

• Thanks 1

It’s a shame no-one seems to have played AI: The Somnium Files, as I haven’t yet either, but I was hoping it would be among the top games of the year so I can justify getting it!  A good choice of games by the team though.  Thanks as always!

That’s a game that is on my wish list, but even at sale price I can’t justify buying it quite yet.

We’ll be recording our eighth and PodPals episode just after Christmas Day, so this is the final call for anyone to add in anything that you may have to share with us relating to our first game, Demon’s Crest from the SNES.
Hope you’ve liked it more than@nekunando has anyway.

It's here, the most essential listen for your gaming ears this New Year's Day, 'N-E Café [008] PodPals - Demon’s Crest'.

A big mention to @Vileplume2000 who didn't star directly in this week's episode, due to time zone differences, but is featured chatting to @Nicktendo about our first PodPals game Demon's Crest.  Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

First of all, Happy New Year!

Secondly, Shovel Knight! (that's the transition tune)

Finally, nicely done on the episode. :D

I've just finished listening to it and I thought you all did really well to put it all together, especially over Christmas and I enjoyed listening to your Demon's Crest talk @Vileplume2000 you really summed up the game well I thought. :smile:

It is a very divisive game, I can understand why there would be so many different takes on it, personally I enjoyed it back on the Virtual Consoles but I haven't revisited it.

I was going to, just to see if my views on the game had changed but I've probably talked about it enough in the past, I still feel that it's an underrated gem though.

Thanks for the episode, it was nice to listen to while putting together a certain article for the site which N-E staff members have contributed to, it's a 2019 article really but I think the extra time spent on it makes it still a very worthwhile read for the start of 2020, especially with the rate in which games are coming out for the Switch, so stay tuned for that and here's to the new decade. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2

We'll be recording a new episode of the N-E Cafe podcast within the next 24 hours.  First of a brand New Year, so I'm sending out a request for any listener questions that you may want us to address over the coming weeks.

Thanks for all your support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

N-E Café [009] Game of the Decade! is with us.  And, it's another 2 hour bonanza!

Trying to put 2019 into the grave, we hit the sales news hard.  Greg and Nick talk about their experiences with Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD, and Lee Axiom Verge.  And then the biggest of all topics, Game of the Decade.

• Thanks 2

A great episode there, I've just finished listening to it as its been a busy day but I've had it on in the background on and off since covering the Pokémon Direct earlier.

Some great topics on there, nice pics for Games of the Decade... I won't say which games they are but suffice to say, there's one in there which I definitely agree with.

I think it's a case of the right game at the right time... in addition to other factors, I certainly enjoyed playing it at the time and I had great fun reviewing it. :D

(that's as much of a clue as anyone is getting) ;)

I'm also really intruiged, even moreso now than ever to check out Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD just to see if it's really that bad. :p

I was going to guess the tunes, one of them I thought I recognised but I can't be sure... it all sounds 8-bit anyway, I might relisten and have a guess at some point if nobody else does... i'll be going over what game I thought it could be from for a while in any case as it sounds familiar but not quite.

I'll start the ball rolling anyway... Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins or DuckTales as one of the tracks sounded space-like and both have moon levels.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2

Well done @S.C.G It was DuckTales from the NES. The last track which introduced the Game of the Decade was indeed the Moon Theme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/01/2020 at 11:39 PM, londragon said:

Well done @S.C.G It was DuckTales from the NES. The last track which introduced the Game of the Decade was indeed the Moon Theme.

Just heard the Podcast and another good one.  I loved the transition tunes this week and it’s one of my favourite gaming soundtracks, even being an 8-bit game!  I believe they even brought back the Moon tune & used it in a more recent episode of the cartoon. Great choice!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not gonna lie, Lee's long buildup story with the Wii at the school, only to reveal the game he did, made me laugh more than I should :heh: 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, WackerJr said:

Just heard the Podcast and another good one.  I loved the transition tunes this week and it’s one of my favourite gaming soundtracks, even being an 8-bit game!  I believe they even brought back the Moon tune & used it in a more recent episode of the cartoon. Great choice!

Yes they did!

Recognized it quite fast as well, what a game and what a soundtrack.

• Like 2

This is still my favourite version of the Moon theme. Crazy to think it's already ELEVEN years old!

YouTube originals :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not gonna lie, Lee's long buildup story with the Wii at the school, only to reveal the game he did, made me laugh more than I should :heh: 

You don’t get to see the Skype feed we use to chat to each other, and I can tell you Greg and Nick’s baffled and bewildered looks after I got to the point were priceless.
  • Haha 2

Obligatory weekend request for any listener questions for this week's coming podcast.

We'll be hitting double digits this week with our tenth episode (that was quick), and would love to celebrate with a listener question, or 2, or 3.

Thanks all.

'N-E Café [010] A Visit to CineWorld' is here.  We've made it to double digits, and raring to go for triple.

This week, Lee and Nick are bringing the N-E Café Podcast into double digits.  Including the recent Nintendo News, games they’ve been playing, Cuphead, Mutant Blobs Attack!!!, and many others, and a listener question relating to gaming movies, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, from our very own @WackerJr.  This is episode 10 of the N-E Café Podcast. Enjoy!

As usual available on all good Podcast Providers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any guesses on the Transition Tunes this week. A much more difficult prospect than the last 2. Good luck!

And any listener questions for the next few weeks.

Great podcast this week, again I was listening to it while putting up the Roundup article for today's Smash presentation.

I'm not going to even try and guess the transition tune for this one, I thought maybe bits of the tracks sounded familiar but I'm not sure.

Here's a question for you...

With the recent news of Bioshock Collection coming to the Switch, what other third-party games from other platforms which haven't seen a release on a Nintendo platform would you like to see ported across?

• Like 1

Great question from @WackerJr by the way. Movies based on games have a bad reputation and there are plenty of examples, but somehow I have a weak spot for them.

For example I really liked Mortal Kombat, but I think I was about 12 when I last saw it so my opinion may have changed a bit there. Never did see the Mario movie. I did enjoy the few episodes I saw of the anime with the real life intro. I also had a VCR with a cartoon series based on Super Mario Bros 3, where they visit the Giant Kingdom but I don't think it had the real life bit in front.

My favourite series is Resident Evil. The first movies are awesome, the later ones are really bad but I still enjoy watching them. If you want some quality RE material, the CGI movies are pretty good. 

Alone In The Dark is another really bad one. It's the same as Resident Evil in the sense that it has almost nothing to do with the game series, and the movie itself is awful. Great soundtrack though.

The first Tomb Raider movie was good, the other ones meh. Haven't watched the reboot yet but that is on my list. Given your love for Doom I was shocked you didn't mention that one! I never saw it either though.

Finally Ready Player One is a weird one. I loved the book, but it differentiates quite a lot from the movie. It's much more referencing 80s pop culture, video games and music while the movie is more in line with current day. Watching it I had quite high expectations, but I also thought it wasn't that great. But the book is well recommended.

Edit: Watching on wikipedia there is quite a list I haven't seen yet. I have some catching up to do! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this