NEurope
LazyBoy

A Smashing Cast: Episode 1 Now Available!

1 hour ago, LazyBoy said:

Hey everyone, just a note to say we are taking a small Christmas break, and will be picking this up again in the new year. We're just over half way through season 1, but we now have some extra equipment which should hopefully improve the stability of releases.

After we're finished with season 1 we will be looking to do play other games as well, with the same casual conversation. Are there any games (switch only) that anyone would particularly like to see given the spotlight on A Smashing Cast?

With any game you choose, it really has to be a game that features all players visible onscreen at once; or else the format doesn't really work.  So games like Mario Kart 8dx aren't going to work here (unless you could somehow manage to get every player equipped with a capture device). 

So that leaves you with the following options if you want to keep this Switch only...

This list is exhaustive BTW

1st Party: Mario Tennis Aces, ARMS, Splatoon 2 (Spectator Mode), Bayonetta 2, Super Mario Party (Minigames), Pokken Tournament DX, Tetris 99 (It IS actually possible to work out who is who in the background), Pokemon Sword/Shield, NES/SNES Online, Super Mario Maker 2 (Not reccommended, unless you want an incessent lag-fest!)

3rd Party: Killer Queen Black, Rocket League, Screen Cheat, Brawlout, Overcooked 2, Wargroove, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (for the most part, all players will be together in the same area anyway), Duck Game, Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, FIFA 18/19/Legacy Crap/Whatever, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Puyo Puyo Champions, Windjammers, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Ultra Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Runbow (Not reccommended, unless you want an incessent lag-fest!)

Out of those, I would most recommend Super Bomberman R, Splatoon 2, Killer Queen Black, Screen Cheat, Rocket League, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Mario Tennis Aces, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @Dcubed, great of you to put a list together, and I'll cross reference that against the sale lost to see if I can pick any up.

However I think we can still wander outside the 'all players on a screen template', but we just have to be a bit creative about how we keep a group involved. For example I would love to do a dark souls run, with some of us being summoned and some invading. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, LazyBoy said:

Thanks @Dcubed, great of you to put a list together, and I'll cross reference that against the sale lost to see if I can pick any up.

However I think we can still wander outside the 'all players on a screen template', but we just have to be a bit creative about how we keep a group involved. For example I would love to do a dark souls run, with some of us being summoned and some invading. 

True, that could work.  But I think that you should stick with games that are 3-4 players minimum, and games where you can generally keep players onscreen or in close proximity; or else you kinda lose the appeal of seeing what players are reacting to (and 2 player games where people are waiting to take turns playing isn't really ideal; as most players will just be left waiting around and unable to see what's going on onscreen; so you lose that dynamic with everyone's reactions... Unless you jury-rigged some sort of setup where you broadcast one player's gameplay to every other player, via a private Twitch or Youtube stream).

Yeah which is exactly what I'm thinking, one player broadcasts to the others. Because you've nailed it on the head, everyone has to be able to see what is happening so they can react. 

I've just checked your recommended list, and the only thing on sale, screen cheat, is local multiplayer only. However I've already got rocket league, and I know at least one other person was up for that, so maybe we'll so that.

Monster Hunter is a great shout for later as well.

content-4-36192-asmashingcastbanner.jpg

A Smashing Cast Gets Beat Up: Episodes 1 and 2 are now available

Now up on the main site! :D

Thanks once again to everyone involved in this latest venture for A Smashing Cast into the world of Beat 'Em Ups.

Cheers to @LazyBoy and @Vileplume2000 for getting these episodes up on our YouTube channel and to @Nicktendo and @Jonnas for contributing. :)

I really enjoyed playing these games with you all and it's great to be finally playing some more games online regularly, especially ones which are new to a lot of us.

There will be more episodes in the future which will be spread across different games and if anyone has any suggestions for games you'd like to see, let us know.

We're always grateful for any feedback, comments or suggestions. :peace:

Until we Smash again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36220-asmashingcastbanner.jpg

A Smashing Cast - Animal Crossing Episode 1: Come Whine With Me is now available

Now up on the main site! :D

Thanks once again to everyone involved in this latest venture for A Smashing Cast which is our first foray into Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Cheers to @LazyBoy for getting this episode up on our YouTube channel and to @Nicktendo and @Vileplume2000 for showing off their islands. :)

(There was a technical hitch, which means that we didn't get to see Ryan's island this time and although my island is there... well, it is there but there isn't much of it) :p

But the important thing is, that we all had fun playing the game together, I was certainly amazed to see just what can be done on the game and it all went pretty well.

There will be more episodes in the future and we're hoping to feature other islands from members of our N-Europe community or anyone who has watched the video.

We're always grateful for any feedback, comments or suggestions. :peace:

Until we Smash again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2