NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Switch

4fcnEsk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

He’s back! And ready to make your brain feel old! :D 

An official Switch Stylus has also been announced (looks basically like the one that came with SMM2, but without the branding).  Retailing for 864 JPY (about £6-7).

The game comes out on 27/12/19 in Japan (so that finally answers the question about what game Nintendo has lined up for December...)

Bring on the DS resurrection! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Brain Age will be the first Switch game to make use of the Home button LED. It will make the console vibrate and turn on the LED when it's time to train.

PI2Bxsi.jpg

Well, we know what that alarm feature is for now!

• Like 1
  • Weird 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Bring on the DS resurrection! :D 

Yeah! Nintendogs and WarioWare DIY next please. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36001-drkawashimasbraintrainingswitchbanner.jpg

On the front page. :D

While I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy this, I'm interested in potentially seeing other DS titles making a return.

Or even some more original touch-screen based software for use with the stylus.

• Thanks 1

I'm amazed it has taken this long to bring it to the Switch, seeing how much of a phenomenon it was on the DS.

Ditto a fitness game.

I know a couple of DS games that would be just lovely on Switch... Maybe as a neat double pack.

I'm currently playing a similar game at the moment.

Edited by Glen-i

Now confirmed for Europe

Enjoy new exercises, some of them making use of the right Joy-Con’s IR Motion Camera, or tap and train with classic exercises from past Brain Training games that can be played using a stylus (included with the packaged version from retail stores) or just a finger.

Test your skills with an assortment of exercises and tests in different playstyles, such as holding the Nintendo Switch console vertically and using a stylus or finger, or using the right Joy-Con’s IR Motion Camera, which detects the shape of players’ fingers. These are some of what you’ll find in-game:

– Finger Calculations: Solve maths problems using your fingers. Even if you know the answer in your head, you’ll need to react quickly!
– Sudoku: Enjoy the classic number puzzle game.
– Calculations: How fast can you do simple sums one after another?
– Rock, Paper, Scissors Test: Try to win – and lose – using your fingers in rounds of Rock, Paper, Scissors.
– Word Scramble: Combine letters to form words.
– Photographic Memory: Remember the photo previously displayed.
– Dual Task: Leap over hurdles while choosing the biggest number.

With one Joy-Con each, challenge friends and family to select kinds of training, such as:

– Birdwatching: Compete to count birds the fastest.
– Box Counting: Compete to try and remember the number of boxes.

Calculate your overall Brain Age Score by performing a series of back-to-back exercises that challenge your information processing speed, short-term memory and self-control. Think you can do better than your friends and family? Ensure you don’t miss your daily exercises by setting an alarm, where your Nintendo Switch will notify you, even if the console is in Sleep Mode. You can also share your results with your family with Brain Training Email to let them know how you’re getting on.

• Like 1

No multiplayer Picture Quiz is a major bummer. Yes, I know, you'd need multiple Switches for that, but still!

Out today with absolutely no online advertising or trailers since its reveal. 

I won't buy it but I would probably have considered doing so had it been a mobile game...

• Thanks 2

Dr Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch  

content-2-36094-braintrainingfornintendoswitchsidebox.jpg

Seeing as it's launch day, why not check out the excellent N-Europe review, written by @Ashley

It has been up on the main site since just before Christmas but everyone might not have had a chance to read it yet.

There's no score at the request of Nintendo and I believe that was one of the embargo conditions.

But it's Brain Training, so I suppose it doesn't need a score, really odd though because at the time there didn't seem to be many (if any) reviews for it.

(I've just had a look and there are a few reviews for it now, some only posted recently though and one even had a score on it)

Also, as an aside... did anyone else order their copy from Nintendo with their 'promise' of launch day delivery if you ordered by 11PM a few days before?

Yeah... that's not happening, my copy will be delivered tomorrow apparently, I mean I don't mind and it's a busy time of year but still. :p

(I'm just eager to see how good that sleek-looking stylus is) ;)

• Thanks 1

Interesting, I don't think I've ever seen a publisher request no score. I suppose if any "game" doesn't need one, it's this.

7 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Out today with absolutely no online advertising or trailers since its reveal. 

I won't buy it but I would probably have considered doing so had it been a mobile game...

I saw an advert for it on TV. Granted, it was in the same ad with Ring Fit Adventure, but it was still there.

Sign in to follow this