NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Overwatch

Sorry wrong video.

15-10-2019

Opening up a thread to gauge interest. I think I'm getting it, but not sure when.. I hear something about an actual (Japanese) physical release after launch, plus October is the new September. Not sure if I'd get around to it. That said, as a multiplayer title, I may get it sooner and digitally anyway. Though there's also Ghostbusters for the online action in October..

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 1

If I didn’t already have it on PS4 (and I don’t play it on that to be honest, my step-son does though) I’d get it, but I’ll pass it by, as good as it is.

I’ll probably be picking this up. I am a little worried about the price tag, £34.99, putting some off and the user base being quite low. That said it is Overwatch and should do well enough, plus you get 3 months of the Individual Online subscription in the package, whether bought physical or eShop. Date of arrival is bad timing, but a good FPS is needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind giving this game a go as it looks like a lot of fun to play and I have been tempted to get it on PC before. But the price is pretty steep plus no cross-play makes me wonder if this game will suffer from empty servers. I can't estimate how big this game will sell, but limiting it to Switch only means the player base won't be that massive. If I look at Paladins (which does have cross-play), I already sometimes have to wait a couple of minutes to get a game. So with Overwatch being Switch-only it may take a while to find a full game.

Make it €20 (they probably make enough cash through cosmetics anyway) and promise us cross-play and I'm game.

• Like 2

Is Overwatch only a multiplayer game? I could get it for 19.46 ponuds, but I don't have to much time to play multiplayer games.

Edited by Kounan

9 minutes ago, Kounan said:

Is Overwatch is only a multiplayer game? I could get it for 19.46 ponuds, but I don't have to much time to play multiplayer games.

It's multiplayer only as far as I'm aware Kounan.

If you don't have much time to play multiplayer games, it might be best to save your money for another game which you'll get more out of. :smile:

Plus with a game like Overwatch, it's likely that it will go on sale again at a later date, probably for even cheaper than that I'd have thought.

For what it is, I'd have said £10 - £15 is a fairer price to pay for Overwatch, I know it's new to the Switch but its been out on other platforms for a while.

Anyway, that's what I would do if it helps with your decision making on which game to buy but it sounds to me that you might be better off waiting. :peace:

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

It's multiplayer only as far as I'm aware Kounan.

If you don't have much time to play multiplayer games, it might be best to save your money for another game which you'll get more out of. :smile:

Plus with a game like Overwatch, it's likely that it will go on sale again at a later date, probably for even cheaper than that I'd have thought.

For what it is, I'd have said £10 - £15 is a fairer price to pay for Overwatch, I know it's new to the Switch but its been out on other platforms for a while.

Anyway, that's what I would do if it helps with your decision making on which game to buy but it sounds to me that you might be better off waiting. :peace:

Thx. I'll wait then. It was interesting because of the 3 months online subscription, but I could reinvest the money into something else. The only multiplayer game I play now is Fortnite and even that I play only once every couple of days.

Sign in to follow this