NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ArtMediocre

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (29th May)

XENOBLADE-CHRONICLES.jpg

Relive the epic tale of Xenoblade Chronicles, the Wii classic from 2011! Coming some time in 2020, with updated graphics using the engine from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (not sure if it uses the original or Torna) and with less derpy faces, this will be sure to bring back some good memories! 

Xenoblade Chronicles is regarded by many as one of the best JRPG in recent times. I never got around to finishing it on the Wii, so I'm really feeling it this time!

Here is the reveal trailer:

And here is Gamexplain comparing the original to the updated engine:

Can't wait to listen to those tracks again. The music in this game is legendary! 

Edited by ArtMediocre
Added release date to title
  • Like 3

It's also worth noting that this version will have cut content restored. The last shot with Shulk and Melia seems to be the Bionis' Shoulder, which you could never get to before.

With Shulk being in Smash and Xenoblade 2 being so successful, I'm sure there'll be loads of people who will be discovering this game for the first time. I kinda wish I was them a bit.

And remember, you can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I keep telling myself that the original Xenoblade Chronicles was a one-off experience that I'll never have again.

It's a long game in a genre that I'm not particularly familiar with and a style of combat that I had never dealt with before.

I hit several walls along the way with enemies I never thought I could ever possibly beat but I kept summoning the determination to see it through to the end!

I couldn't get into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and since then have been happy to just look back on my time with the original fondly as something I have been through but will never again feel that drive to keep going again when the chips are down if I was ever to replay it.

I disregarded the 3DS version because I knew it was over.. and then I feel little to no excitement for the reveal of the Switch version in the latest direct as, no matter how good it may have been, I can't do it again!

Then I think of this..

..and boy does that song make me want to fight the fight again :bowdown:

I probably won't, but at least I'll always have those unforgettable memories :love:

• Like 1

content-4-36002-monolithsoft20thanniversarybanner.jpg

Monolith Soft celebrates its 20th Anniversary

Yep, twenty years to the day Monolith Soft was created on October 1st 1999

So I thought it was worth writing an article about, despite the fact that I'm not the most qualified perhaps, I do love the games they make. :D

I'll finish one of their many titles one of these days I promise. :p

Anyway, many happy returns to Monolith Soft and hopefully here's to twenty more exceptional years. :peace:

• Like 1

Apparently this got an age rating in Korea, so it may be pretty close to launch.

Guess they'll tell us the exact date in next week's Direct :peace:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dcubed said:

My guess is May.  Seems like the right time.

Yeah, I think that's been floating around for a while, and I agree it does seem like a good time (would be a great change of pace after something like TLOU2, I imagine).

Do wish that more JRPGs got mid-summer releases in late June up until early August though, just makes more sense to me from a time investment perspective for many - summer holidays for those in education, parents will probably take some time off over the summer, etc. - and it's typically a pretty quiet time as far as gaming goes. 

21 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Apparently this got an age rating in Korea, so it may be pretty close to launch.

Guess they'll tell us the exact date in next week's Direct :peace:

Direct next week? Is it official, or is it just a rumor? But yeah, the rating must mean it's pretty close to launch. Looking forward to playing through this again :)

Direct next week? Is it official, or is it just a rumor? But yeah, the rating must mean it's pretty close to launch. Looking forward to playing through this again

Direct’s only rumoured for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Annoying thing is the collector's set with the vinyl record is Europe only so they'll be even tougher to track down - going to get a lot of US collector's nabbing our orders.

I kind of would have liked in they didn't include the vinyl so the box could be siliar to the XC2 CE size-wise.. But I'm not too bothered with it. I like vinyl anyway.

Edited by Sméagol

24 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Day uno.

You're not allowed to buy it until you finish the second game! Get cracking.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, killthenet said:

Annoying thing is the collector's set with the vinyl record is Europe only so they'll be even tougher to track down - going to get a lot of US collector's nabbing our orders.

This is something that concerns me, given how quickly some Nintendo stuff sells out on preorder. Hopefully this one will not be quite as bad as the links awakening special edition!

• Like 1

Ordered, just the standard edition, shouldn't really even be ordering that, one of two last games I've ordered today which will now be the last games I buy for a while.

• Like 1

Man, I'm so tempted to pick up that Collector's Edition. But I won't.

Holding out on my pre-order for now as I normally go with SimplyGames, who are very good with releasing early/at the very latest on release date for pre-orders, and generally have great prices on newly released games. 

But I kind of like the look of that Monado Key Ring, so I'll see what pre-order bonus SimplyGames are offering, if any. 

Only ordered something from the Nintendo Store a couple of weeks ago, but never pre-ordered from there. How are they with pre-orders generally?

I've had mostly good dealings with the official Nintendo store @Julius My Switch was held up at launch because of my bank withholding the money which was a bit annoying but everything else that I've ordered from Nintendo I've received on launch day.

£90 is a bit pricey for the collector's set but I've put in a pre-order - not sure if I'll hold onto it but figured I may as well.

Eh...

Who here didn't already play it when it was on Wii, or later on 3DS? Feels like they're really milking this one.

Sign in to follow this