NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Ring Fit Adventure

1 hour ago, Ike said:

It's showing as £59 on Shopto for me?

It's very common for games to be exactly £10 more expensive on the official Nintendo store.

Not sure what to think.  The concept is good, and it'll attract the audience it's aimed at.

But please, please, please.  Don't make videos like this again Nintendo, or use the most QVC esq hosts you could find.

• Like 1

This actually looks a lot of fun :hehe:

I definitely want it but I might wait to see if it goes lower in price..

On 26/09/2019 at 8:46 PM, nekunando said:

This actually looks a lot of fun :hehe:

I definitely want it but I might wait to see if it goes lower in price..

It seems expensive but I don’t think it’s bad when it’s including the equipment. Hopefully more fitness-related games in the future will be using it, and will be sold separately.

That overview trailer is great, there's tons more depth to this than I thought. Such a clever idea

Just found this video with impressions and found it rather good:

I want to try it out for a period of time to see how fun it is. Maybe I'll try to find it used in a couple of months.

I'm sitting watching Friends/Comedy Central and I've seen the advert for this pop up a couple of times now. Looks like Nintendo are already ramping up the marketing for the game.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm sitting watching Friends/Comedy Central and I've seen the advert for this pop up a couple of times now. Looks like Nintendo are already ramping up the marketing for the game.

I would like to see it.

What would be great is if they did what sold Nintendogs and DSs back in the day, get celebrities playing it in adverts or on Instagram, that would boost sales a fair bit I reckon. Otherwise I can see it struggling to really catch on in the same way Wii Fit did, or even anywhere close.

11 hours ago, Tim B said:

I would like to see it.

What? Friends? It's OK. I've seen better sitcoms, mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What? Friends? It's OK. I've seen better sitcoms, mind.

47ff4f0084174dbf29bc5020d208731d.gif

• Haha 3

On 9/12/2019 at 11:21 PM, Jimbob said:

Not sure what to think.  The concept is good, and it'll attract the audience it's aimed at.

But please, please, please.  Don't make videos like this again Nintendo, or use the most QVC esq hosts you could find.

RingFitAdventure-GIF.gif

As someone who is still using Wii Fit U, I'm glad that Nintendo is going to continue this line of games at least in a spiritual successor way more than how Switch Boxing did. Hopefully the ring attachment will be used in other games perhaps. Not sure how at the moment though.

Edited by sumo73

3 hours ago, sumo73 said:

RingFitAdventure-GIF.gif

As someone who is still using Wii Fit U, I'm glad that Nintendo is going to continue this line of games at least in a spiritual successor way more than how Switch Boxing did. Hopefully the ring attachment will be used in other games perhaps. Not sure how at the moment though.

Mario Kart, duh! It's already aiming to get every accessory in there somehow.

21 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

...except the Labo VR glasses.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Sure but I guess I should have said I would like to see third party developers maybe use this in some games or least allow the option to use it.

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

...except the Labo VR glasses.

To be fair, Smash nicked that particular one.

As for @sumo73's point, I'd say that all depends on how successful Ring Fit is. The Wii Balance Board was utilised in other games because Wii Fit was a smash hit. if a lot of people buy this, then other companies can assume that a lot of people will own the accessories. This is probably the first game that can't really work that well for the Switch Lite as well, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out.

Edited by Glen-i

Does anyone know when the review embargo is up for this please? Could be any day between Monday and Thursday, I guess.

It's doing well in pre-orders on Amazon. Already up to number 13 in the best sellers and rising. Maybe there isn't a lot of competition at the moment, but this looks like it will have a solid Top 5 debut in the UK.

Dude, what's your obsession with Amazon preorders? Every game that you seem to have an interest in you go on about Amazon numbers. :laughing:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Dude, what's your obsession with Amazon preorders? Every game that you seem to have an interest in you go on about Amazon numbers. :laughing:

To be fair, it's probably the best way to gauge how well a game will do before actual sales figures come out.
I know I could never be bothered to check that myself, so I appreciate @Tim B's obsessive pre-order behaviour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What can I say....I'm just really interested in stats/data/sales figures :bouncy:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tim B said:

What can I say....I'm just really interested in stats/data/sales figures :bouncy:

But only for certain games and not the industry as a whole?

We used to have quite the sales banter on here back in the day. The topic over on the general gaming side of things used to be quite popular. Of course this died down when the Wii U arrived and most members didn't want to talk about how badly it was doing. People seem happy to discuss Nintendo sales figures again now that Nintendo is doing well once more. :p 

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

But only for certain games and not the industry as a whole?

We used to have quite the sales banter on here back in the day. The topic over on the general gaming side of things used to be quite popular. Of course this died down when the Wii U arrived and most members didn't want to talk about how badly it was doing. People seem happy to discuss Nintendo sales figures again now that Nintendo is doing well once more. :p 

Though I only play games on Nintendo consoles, it's all interesting to me. I wouldn't go posting about the sales of games on other consoles because a) I don't play them and b) this is a Nintendo site.

You are right, though. It's definitely still a bit of a novelty feeling that Nintendo games and consoles are doing well again.

I also like TV ratings, box office totals etc. and I used to love the Top 40 music charts when I was younger, before streaming made them boring and irrelevant.

Edited by Tim B
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this