NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Ring Fit Adventure

Thought this deserved its own thread. I can update when they show it off properly next week.

Switch Fit seems to be the obvious theory doing the rounds but it looks a lot more gamey than that :confused: guess we'll find out on the 12th

I like them doing a tease like this, gets a bit of buzz going before the proper reveal.

EDIT:

Reveal Trailer:

Edited by Ronnie

It just looks like a pilates ring with a couple of joy-cons attached to it. ::shrug:

Apparently it's made by the Labo team and will be releasing before the end of the year. With it looking to be a fitness based experience/game it does make sense to get it out for Christmas so that people can snap it up when they go on their usual fad of dieting after the festive period.

Anyone here ever had a gaming session where you lay on the ground making moves while 5 friends or relatives are watching you? I sure as hell don't and I can't say that I want it to happen. :grin:

But yes, looks like a new Wii Fit-like thing.

• Haha 3

I wonder if Jason Schreier will have his 5 minutes and tell everyone exactly what it is before Nintendo can reveal it themselves, properly.

Not quite what I expected but I think it's a good idea. Could be tempted to trying it out - especially with my wife. We try to exercise together at home.

However, those hosts are cringy as hell!

8 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

However, those hosts are cringy as hell!

Yes, there is something very unnerving about the way they present this thing. 

The idea seems interesting though, I never had a problem with the Wii fit stuff in the past and I’m kinda glad they are making something new in the vein of those style of games.

Edited by Helmsly

I wonder if this is compatible with the Labo VR somehow... 

Hopefully the game has some substance so that you actually want to play it. 

6 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Hopefully the game has some substance so that you actually want to play it. 

Hopefully.

Some kind of online features would be good for motivation too, a competitive mode or at the very least a leaderboard.

I'm interested for the minigames and straight up fitness features but the presentation was super weird. I don't know if I'll ever touch the actual adventure game, I was super out for the first few minutes of the video but the other modes turned it around. 

Only £50 too, is that cheaper than Wii Fit was?

Edited by killthenet

Looks utterly bonkers! GIMME IT NOW!!!

(Also if the Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo does nothing, I will be tremendously dissapointed)

It's Miitopia meets Wii Fit and I need it!

@Dcubed has informed me that the dragon is a stereotypical Gym Bro that is all about the negative aspects of Gym culture.

I approve!

• Haha 1

Brilliant concept.. Now let's hope it works. I've tried Fitness Boxing for a month, but didn't feel like I made progress. I'll definitely give it a try, and may even buy it day 1 in October, the new September.

2 hours ago, killthenet said:

I'm interested for the minigames and straight up fitness features but the presentation was super weird. I don't know if I'll ever touch the actual adventure game, I was super out for the first few minutes of the video but the other modes turned it around. 

Only £50 too, is that cheaper than Wii Fit was?

Where’s the source for the price? Think I missed it somewhere.

content-4-35981-ringfitadventurebanner.jpg

Is your body ready? (because mine sure isn't) ;)

Interesting to see Nintendo exploring more avenues with the Switch but I think Wii Fit U was enough for me. :peace:

• Like 1

I don't know that it was officially announced but I saw that ShopTo were taking pre-orders for it at just under £50

Haha looks insane, even more a game then I would have guessed. Including silly minigames like pottery.

This guy though, please don't come to my house at night and strangle me with a Ring-con...

H2x1_NSwitch_ANewExperience_New_image160

• Haha 3

This is a cool concept, but please, Nintendo, no more videos like this. WTF was up with those presenters? Unbelievable levels of cringe.

ShopTo seemed to be mistaken when they offer it for £50, it's £69.99 on the official Nintendo store. 

36 minutes ago, killthenet said:

ShopTo seemed to be mistaken when they offer it for £50, it's £69.99 on the official Nintendo store. 

It's showing as £59 on Shopto for me?

Sign in to follow this