NEurope
Sméagol

Nintendo Switch Online: SNES

On 29-9-2019 at 3:40 PM, Glen-i said:

Yeah, sorry. It's cool though, there's always next week.

Well, it happens I am available tonight and tomorrow afternoon for this! If you have time that is.

9 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Well, it happens I am available tonight and tomorrow afternoon for this! If you have time that is.

I'm definitely available tonight. Just give me a time.

Nice teardown video here of the Switch SNES controller, also... at 53 seconds is that icon showing the pad connected in wired mode? Nice if so. :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm definitely available tonight. Just give me a time.

Cool! Well I'm available all evening, so say around 7PM UK time? 

• Like 1

There we go. All done. Naturally, the Mario player gets all the credit. I assume Luigi died on the way back from the Valley of Bowser.

Thanks to @Vileplume2000 for doing half the work and providing sarcastic (and sometimes genuine) claps.

I still can't believe I pulled off the Valley Ghost House secret exit on my second attempt! That is not the usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure what's happening in the thread, but I just wanted to say Kirby's Dream Land 3 is a lovely, relaxing game. So happy this is part of the service.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Not sure what's happening in the thread, but I just wanted to say Kirby's Dream Land 3 is a lovely, relaxing game. So happy this is part of the service.

It is until you get to the true ending ;) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

It is until you get to the true ending ;) 

I already know about that :heh: But until then, Rick and all the other animal friends soothe my stressed soul.

• Thanks 2

Oh yeah, I meant to say earlier, my controllers shipped this afternoon. :D

Once they arrive I'll see about doing a hands-on feature for the site. :smile:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Oh yeah, I meant to say earlier, my controllers shipped this afternoon. :D

Once they arrive I'll see about doing a hands-on feature for the site. :smile:

Mine hasn't shipped yet. :cry:

The controllers arrived today! :D

So, I guess I'll get on writing some sort of article about them soon. :peace:

• Like 1

Just got the SNES controller out of the box and the most important thing from my point of view?

It works wired in addition to wireless. :D So it is just like a Pro Controller and you won't need to update it out of the box.

The ZL and ZR buttons seem to double up as the capture and home buttons when using the SNES software.

Also, the sound effects are a neat little extra. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2

Well, I was going to test all kinds of games which use the D-Pad with this SNES controller...

...three hours later and I'm still playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past :D

This is as much an endorsement to the enduring quality of the game as much as it is the quality of the controller though of course. :peace:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Well, I was going to test all kinds of games which use the D-Pad with this SNES controller...

...three hours later and I'm still playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past :D

This is as much an endorsement to the enduring quality of the game as much as it is the quality of the controller though of course. :peace:

A Link To The Past is timeless. I’m currently banging on to my friends playing Link’s Awakening that they should play it next.

• Thanks 1

So it seems my SNES controllers are stuck in germany because of "Missing, incorrect, incomplete or illegible export documents." Gee, thanks Nintendo. Do you know if they are able to help me out with this? I ordered them over two weeks ago when they first got available. I'm gonna start a chat with Nintendo support in about 20 minutes, but wanted to see if any of you have had any similar experiences with Nintendo Store. 

4 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

So it seems my SNES controllers are stuck in germany because of "Missing, incorrect, incomplete or illegible export documents." Gee, thanks Nintendo. Do you know if they are able to help me out with this? I ordered them over two weeks ago when they first got available. I'm gonna start a chat with Nintendo support in about 20 minutes, but wanted to see if any of you have had any similar experiences with Nintendo Store. 

I'm probably too late but you'll probably need to email [email protected]. I don't think the Mynintendo store had a live chat. They reply pretty quick from my experience though.

store.nintendo.co.uk don't handle those orders.

I’m Disappointed we’re not getting at least One Donkey Kong Country game for Christmas, since the first game is 25 years old this year.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Helmsly said:
I’m Disappointed we’re not getting at least One Donkey Kong Country game for Christmas, since the first game is 25 years old this year.

Indeed. It seemed like a no brainer to release it for its anniversary. Shame. :( 

I've been racking my brain thinking about how I know about Journey to Silius. I've never played it before but I know about its making and the history it has with the Terminator franchise.  I must have watched a retro video about it at some point. ::shrug:

• Thanks 1

On the other hand, online Kirby Super Star will be pretty dope. Would be up for playing through that with someone else.

I'm also pleased Breath of Fire II came around so quick. I enjoyed the first one and want to revisit this game with its absolutely atrocious translation.

Star Fox 2! Very cool, look forward to finally trying that out

Edited by Ronnie

I saw this mentioned on reddit:

Those four SNES games were datamined from the NES app earlier this year, before SNES Online launched.

The remaining datamined SNES games are:

• The Legend of the Mystical Ninja

• Super Mario All-Stars

• Pop'n Twinbee

• Contra III: The Alien Wars

Some people feel that Contra might not hit the app in the future now that the game is part of the Konami Contra Collection, which is sold on the eshop, but its worth mentioning that Crystalis which is being added to the NES app is also available separately on the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 2

OK, new games should be out now and seeing as I enjoyed my full online playthrough of Mario World with @Vileplume2000, I want to do the same with Kirby Super Star.

Anyone up for joining me on my journey through 4 games? (Gourmet Race can't be done in 2 player)