NEurope
Sméagol

Nintendo Switch Online: SNES

Harvest Moon and Mystery Tower have been added to SNES and NES Online, respectively! 

• Thanks 1

Surprised that we actually got Harvest Moon.  After it appeared in the Japanese service back in March and not on our one? I thought that it was probably locked in Natsume/Marvellous licensing hell.

Glad to see that they worked it out :)

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Surprised that we actually got Harvest Moon.  After it appeared in the Japanese service back in March and not on our one? I thought that it was probably locked in Natsume/Marvellous licensing hell.

Glad to see that they worked it out :)

I thought they advertised we would be getting this, but we weren't getting the N64 one? (which is what I really wanted), I have fond memories of playing this as my first Harvest Moon, but really want to give the N64 version a spin. Maybe in the future...

Now give us Plok naaaow.

First time that the SNES version of Kirby's Star Stacker has been released outside of Japan...

... it's also the only JPN-only Kirby game out there, meaning that every single Kirby game has now had an international release! (even if this one remains unlocalised).  Neat!

• Thanks 1

nintendoswitchonlineseptember2023banner.620x0.webp

New Nintendo titles added to Nintendo Switch Online September 2023

Now up on the main page.

Press quote and video embed.

- - - - -

It's great to see more previously Japan only releases being brought to a wider audience.

Also, a title like Quest for Camelot is perfect for the service as it's a title which people might not have played, and this way it doesn't cost much to try it out. :peace:

(I just checked, a boxed copy on the Game Boy is around £15 currently, so not a very costly game but the NSO price is easily justified with these games, it would seem)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

every single Kirby game has now had an international release! (even if this one remains unlocalised). 

And by that I assume you mean it doesn't feature angry Kirby?

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs and Killer Instinct both join the service today:

Hell yeah!!! So glad that we're now seeing Rare's pre-N64 catalogue get added to the NSO service :D

Battletoads, Wizards & Warriors and Cobra Triangle are just a matter of time now...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Can't wait to see if my thumbs still remember a few combos. Will have to get the instruction book out for a refresher.