NEurope
Sméagol

Nintendo Switch Online: SNES

Another scan of the tweet to check if they've added Unirally yet. Another case of crushed dreams.

17 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Another scan of the tweet to check if they've added Unirally yet. Another case of crushed dreams.

Playing Unirally crushed my dreams..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

6 minutes ago, nekunando said:

True. It was probably terrible in hindsight :laughing:

5 more games being added 26th May:

SNES Online:

- Super Baseball Simulator 1.000

- Caveman Ninja (Joe & Mac)

- Magical Drop2

- Spanky's Quest

NES Online:

- Ninja JaJaMaru-kun

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

The next batch of games was just announced, for May 26th:

SNES: Joe and Mac, Magical Drop 2, Spanky's Quest, Super Baseball Simulator 1.000

NES: Ninja JaJaMaru-kun

Edit - Just beaten lol

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 2

The Japanese NSO app swaps Spanky's Quest and Super Baseball Simulator 1000 with Doomsday Warrior and Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I think at this point they need to start adding new consoles to the lineup. They are clearly having issues getting publishers to sign up to such a service.

• Thanks 1

Joe & Mac is a nice get.  Good game that never got released on the VC.

9 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I think at this point they need to start adding new consoles to the lineup. They are clearly having issues getting publishers to sign up to such a service.

Personally? I just want Virtual Console back.  Sod this subscription nonsense; gimme a proper centralised VC service again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Personally? I just want Virtual Console back.  Sod this subscription nonsense; gimme a proper centralised VC service again!

That ship sailed a long time ago. It ain’t ever coming back. Crazy when you compare the Wii VC line up to what we have now. :( 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Sad 2

On 19/05/2021 at 6:27 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Chances of C64 being added...?

But yeah it can't be easy for them to get games for this with the eShop route being there for publishers that'd rather have a piece of that pie. I snapped up the Castlevania collection for £4 in a sale. Total bargain compared to what that would have set me back in Wii points!

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Chances of C64 being added...?

But yeah it can't be easy for them to get games for this with the eShop route being there for publishers that'd rather have a piece of that pie. I snapped up the Castlevania collection for £4 in a sale. Total bargain compared to what that would have set me back in Wii points!

I’ve been tempted to double dip with that game. I’m currently working my way through the Castlevania series on Netflix and it has got me in the mood to play a Castlevania game. I played the collection on the Switch a year or two ago and it’s now on sale for £4 on PSN. Very tempting.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I’ve been tempted to double dip with that game. I’m currently working my way through the Castlevania series on Netflix and it has got me in the mood to play a Castlevania game. I played the collection on the Switch a year or two ago and it’s now on sale for £4 on PSN. Very tempting.

It doesn't have a Platinum, though :p

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

It doesn't have a Platinum, though :p

I know but I’m willing to look past that. Plus, I can’t earn another platinum until I’ve nabbed my 450th. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just looked into it and apparently there is a difference in the way the games are displayed between Switch and PS4. Is that is what is tempting you to double-dip or is it just to have another place to play Super Castlevania IV? :grin: 

content-4-36504-nintendoswitchnessnesonlineupdatemay2021banner.jpg

Nintendo Switch Online NES and SNES applications get new games added next week

Now up on the main page.

If you've not played Magical Drop II before, and you have Nintendo Switch Online... and you like Puzzle games, it's worth checking out. :smile:

Also, online multiplayer gives this version a unique selling point over the ACA Neo Geo version. :peace:

- - - - -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The games have been added, Nintendo have thrown in a SP version of Super Mario Kart which has all cups and speeds unlocked from the start.

Also if I remember correctly, Fire n Ice didn’t have box art in the menu page before and was just a screenshot of the title screen. That’s how been changed, if I’m not imagining it.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Helmsly said:

The games have been added, Nintendo have thrown in a SP version of Super Mario Kart which has all cups and speeds unlocked from the start.

That's cool to know.

Off topic: I noticed Mario Kart 8 Deluxe updated today. Do you know what that was in aid of?

3 more games being added to SNES Online on 28th July: Claymates, Jelly Boy, and Bombuzal. 

The list of games I've never heard of on this service continues to grow. Starting to think I might need to just blast through everything on the NES and SNES apps so that I can cancel my Online subscription. 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

The three SNES games were just added. They have also added a special version of super Mario bros 3 to the NES catalogue, It seems you start on world 8 with a bunch of items

Edited by Helmsly