NEurope
Sméagol

Nintendo Switch Online: SNES

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The best DKC game finally arrives on the service! I'm very tempted to renew my subscription just for this. DKC3 has always been a Christmas game for me and with the festive season upon us, it would be rude not to play through it again.

It's amazing what one completely cosmetic cheat code can do.

Never played the 3rd one in the DKC series.

@Glen-i two questions: When will we finish DKC2? And will we play DKC3, too, so I can show off my amazing skills yet again? :p

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

It's amazing what one completely cosmetic cheat code can do.

I've never actually used that code before. It being a Christmas game is more to do with the fact that it was originally released in December and a friend of mine got it for Christmas. We spent all of the school Christmas holidays playing the game. Ah, to be a kid again. :( 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Ah, to be a kid again. :( 

Here's what to do:

Wake up Christmas day, stay in your pyjamas, have some sweets ready, turn on DKC3 and play all day :p
This is what I'll do on the 26th but I'll play Super Mario World, as is tradition :D

Feel like a kid for a day :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Here's what to do:

Wake up Christmas day, stay in your pyjamas, have some sweets ready, turn on DKC3 and play all day :p
This is what I'll do on the 26th but I'll play Super Mario World, as is tradition :D

Feel like a kid for a day :)

I'll probably have the game finished by then. :p 

Ocarina of Time is another Christmas game but I already played that in June. It was the 3DS version I played so I suppose I could play the N64 version instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'll probably have the game finished by then. :p 

Well...then just play through 8 other games that day :heh:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Julius said:

Donkey Kong Country 3, The Ignition Factor, Super Valis IV and Tuff E Nuff all coming to Switch Online's SNES collection this Friday.

Never heard of those 3. Are Nintendo scraping the barrel, or are they actually worth playing? 

21 hours ago, Julius said:

Donkey Kong Country 3, The Ignition Factor, Super Valis IV and Tuff E Nuff all coming to Switch Online's SNES collection this Friday.

Is it me, or does that Tuff e Enuff guy look a lot like All Might?

That Nightshade game looks intriguing. Nice surprise, getting a point&click game on the NES library.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jonnas said:

Is it me, or does that Tuff e Enuff guy look a lot like All Might?

That Nightshade game looks intriguing. Nice surprise, getting a point&click game on the NES library.

When I first saw it last night I was thinking the exact same thing, so you're not the only one!

All Might with Hulk's face on closer inspection... :laughing:

• Haha 1

Super Valis 4 is a very interesting choice.  First time it has ever been re-released!

Looks like Telenet’s library might be up for re-release on Switch now!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've never actually used that code before.

You play DKC 3 at Christmas time and don't use the "MERRY" code?

What's wrong with you!?

22 hours ago, drahkon said:

Never played the 3rd one in the DKC series.

@Glen-i two questions: When will we finish DKC2? And will we play DKC3, too, so I can show off my amazing skills yet again? :p

Oh right, yeah. We were at Screech's Sprint. Close to the standard ending. Luckily, I think enough time has passed that going back to get the Bonuses we missed won't feel as repetitive.

I'll have to see when Sephiroth drops in Smash tomorrow. I'll get back to you once I know.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It is done!

EpiiQUoVEAEUFth?format=jpg&name=large

Absolute timeless classic. Special thanks to @darksnowman for the idea of using the free 7 day trial of the online subscription to access the game. :D 

Bloody hell! That was fast! :o

You should practice for a speed run of DKC3.  That’s a legit impressive time for 105%!

No kidding. I just checked speedrun.com, and that time could get you a good placement in that category! And you'd definitely be the only one who'd list it as "Switch VC"

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It is done!

EpiiQUoVEAEUFth?format=jpg&name=large

Absolute timeless classic. Special thanks to @darksnowman for the idea of using the free 7 day trial of the online subscription to access the game. :D 

Holy crap! That's an amazing time! I struggle to beat Cranky's time with the Tufst code on!

Kudos!

Seriously! @Hero of Time! Go for it! You have a legit chance of getting on the Speedrun.com leaderboards! :bowdown:

In fact... you’re making me want to race you and beat that time... I DO have 5 days off around Xmas, and it has been a good while since I last played DKC3...

Edited by Dcubed

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Seriously! Go for it! You have a legit chance of getting on the Speedrun.com leaderboards! :bowdown:

Nah. I generally dislike speed running, both watching and doing it myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah. I generally dislike speed running, both watching and doing it myself.

But you just did a speedrun...

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

But you just did a speedrun...

That was me just playing normally. If I started looking for shortcuts and worrying about times then it wouldn't be fun. It's why I don't faff around with time trials in games. I'm not bothered if someone finishes a game faster than me. The main focus is that I get enjoyment out of what I'm doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That was me just playing normally. If I started looking for shortcuts and worrying about times then it wouldn't be fun. It's why I don't faff around with time trials in games. I'm not bothered if someone finishes a game faster than me. The main focus is that I get enjoyment out of what I'm doing.

Fair enough.  Still, that was a really good time for a casual run! (Even considering the difference between In-Game-Time and Real Time; that's still really impressive!).  Congrats regardless! :peace:

Edited by Dcubed

Next batch of games revealed:

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Helmsly said:

Next batch of games revealed:

So, a return to their previous form, more or less :laughing:

Meanwhile, in Japan, they're getting Shin Megami Tensei II...

• Like 1