NEurope
Sméagol

Nintendo Switch Online: SNES

On 16/09/2020 at 3:04 AM, Helmsly said:

DKC 2, Mario Super Picross, and Peace Keepers are getting added to the SNES library. 

The games are available now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ooo nice! Never played anythimg but DKC2 before but I tell you what I have been hankering for a little bit of some brain teasing logic and Picross is gonna be a great little go to from time to time! Assuming I actually recall how to do it reliably well...

Cool! I'm still technically recovering from surgerytings and annoyingly the NHS grows shitter so ai have to go UCC tmw - I may be back at my folks for the eve/sat so hopefully keep you posted and maybe catch a bit on sat?

DKC 2, Mario Super Picross, and Peace Keepers are getting added to the SNES library. 

You forgot Scat. Who doesn't like a good bit of Scat?
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

just let me know when you want to start our co-op runs

Probably next week. I'm busy this weekend, sorry.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
On 16/09/2020 at 3:04 AM, Helmsly said:

You forgot Scat. Who doesn't like a good bit of Scat?

That's an NES game.

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:

Sure, but with a name like that it deserves an honourary mention.

Fair point.

Over here, it was called "Action in New York" which is notable for how completely bizarre of a title that is.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Fair point.

Over here, it was called "Action in New York" which is notable for how completely bizarre of a title that is.

I can see why they changed it. Fun game, but what was intended as a pun with "scatter" turned out poorly.

And truth be told, I've seen more bizarre changes in Portuguese translations. "Assault on the Skycraper" would be a one and done title, but then the sequels decided to take place somewhere else, so they awkwardly changed the titles back to the English "Die Hard" at some point. But the first one officially kept the translated title, even in other films/shows that reference it (really weird if a character mentions all of them individually)

Anyway, SCAT seemed fun from what I played. Peace Keepers was hilarious, but bad. Mario Picross is what it is, and DKC2 is one of the greats. Pretty good bunch, all things considered.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Weird 1

On 10/1/2020 at 6:25 PM, Glen-i said:

Gonna give a shout to @drahkon and @Rummy to see if you're available on Friday or Saturday for DKC 2.

CheerfulYoungArabianoryx-size_restricted

I could do tonight.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, drahkon said:

CheerfulYoungArabianoryx-size_restricted

I could do tonight.

I'm gonna have to get back to you on that. The Smash presentation is on this afternoon, and if they decide to shadow drop Steve today (Unlikely, it being the weekend and all). I plan on holding a Smash session while he's fresh and no-one knows how to play as him.

If that doesn't happen, then name a time and I'll be there.

Just now, Glen-i said:

If that doesn't happen, then name a time and I'll be there.

Alright, gonna say 7pm UK time.

Just gimme a shout once you know whaaaaaaazzuuuuuuuup.
Oh boy, I slipped into 2000 for second.

• Haha 1

ahh soz @Glen-i; i keep mugging you off bro dont mean to. think its safe to say i wont be about this now! i did a teeny bit of single yest to prep; just first world and a piece of second? how does online work re: saves? is it the host's? shared? ive imagined its pretty regular emulation and p2 is just a guest on your tings like they would be someone popping round your house?

19 minutes ago, Rummy said:

ahh soz @Glen-i; i keep mugging you off bro dont mean to. think its safe to say i wont be about this now! i did a teeny bit of single yest to prep; just first world and a piece of second? how does online work re: saves? is it the host's? shared? ive imagined its pretty regular emulation and p2 is just a guest on your tings like they would be someone popping round your house?

It's the hosts save file and the guest plays as Player 2. So play as much as you want.

Anyway, @drahkon Steve comes out October 13th, so we're good to go for 7.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

so we're good to go for 7.

I'd be available earlier, too, if you're up for it. In 40 minutes?

12 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I'd be available earlier, too, if you're up for it. In 40 minutes?

I'll be playing with @Vileplume2000 around then, so I'll give you a shout.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'll be playing with @Vileplume2000 around then, so I'll give you a shout.

By the way, I know nothing about the game, so you gotta point me towards the secrets necessary for 1000000000% completion.

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

By the way, I know nothing about the game, so you gotta point me towards the secrets necessary for 1000000000% completion.

In that case, I should explain the difference between Team and Contest, because I misremembered the details.

Team has us progress together, you'll control Dixie in that scenario and if one of us finish, we both progress, we also both share any secrets we find.

I was slightly wrong about Contest, we both control our own monkey duo, but you're on your own as far as level progression and secrets go. Me clearing a level doesn't mean you can skip it like in SMB3.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

In that case, I should explain the difference between Team and Contest, because I misremembered the details.

Ah, I see. So Team would be the better choice.

Because you wouldn't progress at all...without me...the best gamer in history.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I displayed some amazing skill in my first level. And then I wasted two coins while saving the game... :laughing:

But come on... B doesn't exit the menu?

• Haha 1

Good session @drahkon more than halfway to the normal ending. Once we do that, we can go back for the few bonuses and DK coins we miss.

I really have to commend your performance on Rickety Race. Coming in 1st and getting the DK coin without that backwards boost start trick is very difficult. To nail it on your first try was spectacular!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1