NEurope
Sméagol

Nintendo Switch Online: SNES

On 17.12.2019 at 12:50 AM, Glen-i said:

I'll be next available this weekend.

Alright, I'll be staying at my mom's place for the holidays so we'll have to see whether her internet connection is good enough, but I'll definitely be up for some gaming. Hopefully with more driving action.

• Like 1

In case anyone missed the news, these are the next two games being added to the SNES library:

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pop ‘N Twinbee is a great game; glad to see it represented here.

Worth noting that Japan are getting it this month too; so if you want to play the 60hz version, you can do so via the Super Famicom app :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Pop ‘N Twinbee is a great game; glad to see it represented here.

I'm looking forward to playing both that and Blue Shadow. I picked both of them up back when they were released on the Wii U.  I have fond memories of them from my childhood and found that they both hold up really well.

• Like 1

Seeing complaints online about a set of games that includes the wonderful Pop’n TwinBee makes my brain hurt. :blank: 

Anyway, I can’t wait to play through it again. :) One of my favourite SNES games, and a fine example of golden age Konami. :cool: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Anyway, I can’t wait to play through it again. :) One of my favourite SNES games, and a fine example of golden age Konami. :cool: 

I'm still waiting for Mystical Ninja to drop. It was found in the SNES game files a while back now (as was Pop'n TwinBee) so hopefully it will be in the next batch. I'm eager to play the thing after all the praise you give it. 

I'm sorry @Hero-of-Time :p 

While I did grow up with a SNES in my parents' household we never really played much other than Super Mario World :D And the NES was before my time so I'm not that into the retro games thingy :p 

My true video game era starts with the PS1, my first console that I bought myself :D

Apparently Pop'n TwinBee is worth a try?

And what about Smash Tennis?

Lemmesmashoriginal.jpg?1505386383

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Apparently Pop'n TwinBee is worth a try?

And what about Smash Tennis?

Yeah, it's worth a play. It's a very colourful, cutesy shoot-em-up. 

Smash Tennis is a game I never played but i've heard good things about it. I was all about Super Tennis as a youngster. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I was all about Super Tennis as a youngster. 

Same. A friend of mine had it and we played it to death.

This song still haunts my dreams :laughing: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm still waiting for Mystical Ninja to drop. It was found in the SNES game files a while back now (as was Pop'n TwinBee) so hopefully it will be in the next batch. I'm eager to play the thing after all the praise you give it. 

Oh, for some reason I thought you played it back on the Wii Virtual Console, and weren't too keen on it. :hmm: But now that I think about it, that might have actually been @nekunando? :grin:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RedShell said:

Oh, for some reason I thought you played it back on the Wii Virtual Console, and weren't too keen on it. :hmm: But now that I think about it, that might have actually been @nekunando? :grin:

I played it on the 3DS Virtual Console.. but I won't be playing it on Switch :heh:

Edited by nekunando
  • Haha 1

Smash Tennis is the EU exclusive localisation of Namco’s Super Family Tennis (the one that has been available on the Super Famicom app for the last few months).

It’s... ok.  Perfectly average.  It’s no Super Tennis, but it’s fine I guess.

content-4-36152-nintendoswitchnessnesonlineupdatebanner.jpg

Nintendo Switch Online NES and SNES applications have recently been updated

Yep, it's that infrequent time of the year again when Nintendo update both the NES and SNES apps with a couple of games for us to play. :D

Fair play though, some good titles in there but we could easily be getting eight titles every month or so and it wouldn't feel like too much surely? ;)

I can remember some weeks when writing VC Weekly, there would be eight titles in one week alone.

Still, it is nice to see the library slowly expanding. :grin:

• Like 1

NES controllers are back in stock as well, half price again too... I ordered some and now I'm not sure why but I'm sure they will be good for a handful of games. :D

Just nabbed a couple of SNES Switch controllers.  Thanks for the heads up!

• Thanks 1

Nostalgia hit me while replaying Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, so I decided to bring #TBT back from the grave like the zombies in said game:

Throwback Thursday #32 

content-2-36177-throwbackthursdaysuperghoulsnghostssidebox.jpg

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I'm a fan of this series, despite not really liking hard games.  I remember playing Ghosts 'n' Goblins in arcades when I was young, particularly at a holiday camp in 1989, and I loved Ghouls 'n' Ghosts on my Mega Drive.  I've owned Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts three times - firstly on SNES, secondly on Xbox (Capcom Classics Collection) and then on Wii U.  It's hard, but I've played many games I felt were more unfair.  I remember on Xbox, I was earning enough points to get extra continues, and although I didn't complete in properly, I wasn't bad at it.  When I got it on Wii U, though, I did use save states to finally see the whole thing.  It's a lot more enjoyable when you can keep hold of all your armour upgrades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Grazza did you ever play the Maximo games on the PS2?

No, but I remember them talking about it on Teletext, back in those days.  I must admit, I'd assumed it was 2.5D and didn't realise it was a fully 3D game.