NEurope
Sméagol

Nintendo Switch Online: SNES

Talk about the SNES games here, and arrange online mutiplayer sessions!

Current game selection

• Super Brawl Brothers 2p co-op
  • Super Breath Of Fire
  • Super Demon's Crest
  • Super F-Zero
  • Super Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics 2p co-op
  • Super Kirby's Dream Course 2p vs
  • Super Kirby's Dream Land 3 2p co-op
  • Super Pilotwings
  • Super Star Fox
  • Super Stunt Race FX 2p vs
  • Super E.D.F. Earth Defense Force
  • Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart 2p vs
  • Super Mario World 2p
  • Super Mario World™ 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Puyo Puyo 2 2p vs
  • Super Soccer 2p co-op2p vs
  • Super Tennis 2p vs
  • Super Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

2p = 2 player mode available
2p vs = 2 player simultaneous versus mode available
2p co-op = 2 player simultaneous co-op mode available

Edit: Myeah.. Alphabetical order is less effective with this one..

Co-op games

Listed for convenience.

• Brawl Brothers
  • Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Super Soccer

Japanese exclusive games

• TBA

Upcoming games

• TBA

SP games

• none yet

Hardware

SNES controllers will be available soon. Will be sold individually for 30 euros or 27 pounds.

h2x1_lark2_03.jpg

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 3

A thread worthy of a sarcastic clap. QHQsLit.gif:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Super Mario Kart online is surreal. I can see everything they can see, but they're not in the same room as me. It's weird!

@Vileplume2000, when you figure out when you want to play our Star Road Mario World run, let me know.

It's such a minor thing but I absolutely hate that they keep using the US boxes for things like this. I had the same issue with the SNES mini. The EU boxes were so much more colourful but instead we've got the boring black border boxes covering our screens. :( 

I'm happy that we can now put the games in order with a click of a button but i'm still not pleased that the icons can still be all different sizes. :nono:

• Thanks 1

Looks like the monthly release schedule is a thing of the past. 

A post on Nintendo’s website in Japan has revealed that both NES and SNES games will no longer be releasing monthly, instead releasing irregularly from here on out. New games are said to be coming to both services in the future, however. We contacted Nintendo to see if this would affect us here and they confirmed it saying that more games “will be added after launch, but those releases will not adhere to a regular schedule”.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

• Confused 1

Oh my god they finally got rid of the controls text at the bottom of the screen!!! :bouncy:

(well, made it an option in the settings at least)

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 1

Whoa, legit forgot Super Mario Kart GPs were 5 tracks long. The music in this game is so, so good. MK8 has an amazing orchestrated soundtrack but chiptune tracks will always be catchier.

Also they need to bring back the podium finish in the next Mario Kart, complete with floating giant cheep cheep. Way better than just a floating trophy.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Oh my god they finally got rid of the controls text at the bottom of the screen!!! :bouncy:

(well, made it an option in the settings at least)

THANK GOD!! SMM2SE_Glory.png

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks like the monthly release schedule is a thing of the past. 

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Oh no... SMM2SE_Doom.png

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

ARGH! GameCube controller can't sarcastic clap!

Nooooooo!

10 hours ago, Sméagol said:

QHQsLit.gif

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Screwed out of a Star Cup win by alphabetical order!

9 hours ago, Tim B said:

The graphics on Pilotwings were so bad they almost gave me a seizure. I don’t think it’s aged well at all.

I struggled with Super Tennis at first. I mean, the ball actually goes out etc. WTF?! Guess I’ve played too much Mario Tennis Aces. 

F-Zero is just as I remembered it. Will be great to dip into this from time to time. Ditto Super Mario Kart. I’d totally forgotten that one has to finish in the Top 4 in order to progress to the next track.

Not sure if I would jump into something properly just yet with so many actual Switch games to play. At some point I’d love to see what all the fuss is about with Super Metroid though.

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Thanks for the games @S.C.G 'twas good fun.

Stunt Race FX's frame rate is... Very ambitious! Let's go with that.

8 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Thanks for the games @Glen-i :D

Sarcastic clapping Tennis should be the only way to play that game by default :p as it improves the game tenfold.

I think I've temporarily forgotten how to play Kirby as well :blush:

Super Mario Kart and Stunt Race FX were great fun, I think I'll appreciate the latter more when I'm not falling asleep at the wheel though. :indeed:

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I think this thread should just be renamed "NES and SNES" rather than start a separate topic

EDIT: Oh, never mind then.

!!! Speaking badly of Mode 7 graphics is a bannable offence, probably.

There we go, all the posts from the SNES related shenanigans of yesterday from the NES thread, no we're all up to date. :D

I think that's deserving of a "sarcastic clap" QHQsLit.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

There we go, all the posts from the SNES related shenanigans of yesterday from the NES thread, no we're all up to date. :D

I think that's deserving of a "sarcastic clap" QHQsLit.gif

QHQsLit.gif

• Haha 1

Moldorm in a Link to the Past is still about as fun as pulling your own teeth out. With a spoon. Covered in acid.

Anyone's welcome to jump into my room and play stuff. (Or watch me play Zelda)

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Small thing, but Gamexplain do great work so thought I'd post that the touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy visual bug fixed from SNES Classic has been sorted

• Thanks 1

content-4-35973-nintendoswitchonlinesnesbanner.jpg

Future titles for Nintendo Switch Online NES & SNES are coming out... eventually.

In Nintendo's words the games for both services will be added after launch, but those releases will not adhere to a regular schedule”.

So this means we might get another twelve titles in two weeks or another two titles in twelve weeks in theory? (depending on how you look at it)

We should hope for the best but in the meantime...

Here's a s-l-o-w sarcastic clap for Nintendo which will probably match the rate at which the games will trickle out... QHQsLit.gif

(they can have a full speed, non-sarcastic round of applause if it turns out that they instead decide to give us between five and ten games a month) ;)

For now though, I am just grateful that we have the service and it isn't as if there isn't a load of other games to play. :peace:

• Weird 1

I honestly have no idea how anyone got through Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts back in the day. Thanks to that rewind feature I finished it but holy crap is that game just full of pure cheap nonsense at times. Also, I can't imagine how mad people got when they finished the game the first time and got this message:

EDzAgyJU4AALF1S.jpg

Edited by Helmsly
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Just now, RedShell said:

Cheers for the games just now @Glen-i. :) 

Don't you worry, Debbie will flat out murder John next time, I'm sure of it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

I honestly have no idea how anyone got through Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts back in the day. Thanks to that rewind feature I finished it today but holy crap is that game just full of pure cheap nonsense at times. Also, I can't imagine how mad people got when they finished the game the first time and got this message:

I've never considered myself a skilled gamer, but for some reason I've always had a high tolerance of the Ghouls 'n' Ghosts games - at least the 16-bit ones.  I found it was just about manageable to score enough points to get extra continues.  As for the whole "doing the game twice" thing though, I never had the time for that until the invention of save states.

19 hours ago, Glen-i said:

@Vileplume2000, when you figure out when you want to play our Star Road Mario World run, let me know.

Turns out that was tonight, cheers @Glen-i!

(Tagging on Twitter went a bit wrong, I wonder what @Glen thinks about that...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still hate Tubular. How about next time we actually finish the rest of the game? Everyone does Special first after all, right?

Here's some moments from my multiplayer sessions. With a kid from my community centre who's never played a Super NES, @RedShell and @Vileplume2000

QHQsLit.gif

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I still hate Tubular. How about next time we actually finish the rest of the game? Everyone does Special first after all, right?

Of course, this is the way normal people play SMW... And I'm definitely up for 100%ing this game. I haven't played it in ages, and it is so fun that while playing it so many things came back, like the secret exits etc. Some bits I could fly through on ancient muscle memory. I'm glad my brain stores this kind of info, instead of real important stuff. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Got disconnected there, @RedShell Gonna try rebooting the internet, see if that helps.

Ok, Debbie is still waiting to serve. :heh: 

That Kirby game is amazing! Never really played it much before (incase you couldn’t tell :laughing:) but yeah, very cool.

Edited by RedShell
  • Thanks 1