NEurope
MindFreak

Nintendo Direct 04/09/2019, 11 pm

Watched the Direct this morning, great stuff.

Overwatch is a great addition although the price is pretty steep. I've already invested quite some time in Paladins so I don't know if I will make the switch to Overwatch.

Kirbyis fun, I liked the 3DS version but the biggest letdown was no online and that's fixed now. Never played TM#FE so will be playing TM#FEE! 

SNES Online is godlike, and this controller actually looks good compared to those NES ones. Can't wait to try it out.

For the rest some okay stuff like Town and Xeno remastered. I really want to finish that game but I don't know if I need to finish my Wii version or just wait for the Switch version. Although I lose about 50 hours of playtime...

And those two Deadly Premonition games also look interesting, never played the first one 

10 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Jedi Knight II?

cIeKBZG.gif

Say what? Is that a joke? No?! Holy hell yes 

For me it was a bit of a let down. Of all the new stuff only the SNES Online interested me. Even the new Smash character does not interest me. Of the games we knew about and the ones I want they still look great to me. Luigis Mansion, Links Awakening and Animal Crossing are must haves. I felt there was too much RPG stuff for my taste. 

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Overwatch is a great addition although the price is pretty steep. I've already invested quite some time in Paladins so I don't know if I will make the switch to Overwatch.

I didn’t play Paladins for very long, but probably spent over 100 hours on Overwatch on the PS4. It’s a fantastic game, but the fact that there’s no offline content at all is really crappy. My PS4 disc is essentially a drinks coaster now that I’m no longer subscribed to PS+. :blank: If there was a way to transfer my data to the Switch version (lol) then I’d have been somewhat more inclined to get back into it, although not for the current price, I mean you’re pretty much just renting this game. :hmm: 

Anyway, the Direct. Yeah, it was ok. Liking the new update to Tetris 99 and the customisation features of Pokémon. SNES games finally arriving is great, and the news that there will be even more DLC characters added to Smash is very welcome indeed. 

The Goemon Mii costume reveal was actually the only jaw-dropping moment for me though (even if technically not part of the Direct) and a truly fantastic surprise. It’s nice to know that there are at least some people who still care about the character. Shame nobody at Konami does, but what can you do. ::shrug: :heh: 

I think my least favourite part of the Direct was actually the Animal Crossing segment! What a waste of time that was, I mean the game is still ages away, why taunt us again? At first I thought they might have been bringing the release date forward, or announcing a demo version or something, but nope. Annoying. :blank: 

Ending with the Xenoblade remaster was a bit disappointing too. Sure, it’s a great game, and one that will no doubt massively benefit from the jump to Switch, but it’s hardly a super hype “one last thing” moment. Not for me at least. 

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I think my least favourite part of the Direct was actually the Animal Crossing segment! What a waste of time that was, I mean the game is still ages away, why taunt us again? At first I thought they might have been bringing the release date forward, or announcing a demo version or something, but nope. Annoying. :blank: 

Yeah, I agree with this. There was nothing really new and exciting that they showed us. It's as if they felt that had to show something just to keep the fans happy. IMO, they should just keep quiet about it and then have a huge Animal Crossing Direct a month before the release.

As for the Direct, for me it was a very solid showing but then I do love me some JRPGs. :p Another announcement that I was very happy with is the arrival of Super Kirby Clash. I played the hell out of the 3DS version and i'm quite looking forward to starting the grind again with the Switch version. :D 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's as if they felt that had to show something just to keep the fans happy.

Well, as a huge Animal Crossing fan I can safely say that them dangling the New Horizons carrot in front of my face again (when the game is still so far off) had the complete opposite effect. 

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Another announcement that I was very happy with is the arrival of Super Kirby Clash. I played the hell out of the 3DS version and i'm quite looking forward to starting the grind again with the Switch version. :D 

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I spent quite a lot of time with the 3DS version too. It’s unlikely I’ll play through it again, but nice to see it make the jump to Switch regardless. :) 

• Haha 1

I was happy enough to just a small video for Animal Crossing. Anything bigger and I probably won't be watching.

Divinity 2 is an absolutely stellar oldschool RPG, truly brilliant. Check it out if it's your jam, especially if you have a second player to go co-op with. You won't be disappointed.

Ok, so I'm here to elaborate. I should have posted this earlier, because I fully expected them to announce even more games for September, the assholes. And October is the new September. Too many games. I figured they were going to announce plenty, as there could be no other reason they were stuffing September with releases. That's partly because some games just happen to be ready now, but that doesn't explain why they don't get released later.. And that's because the schedule beyond was stuffed already as well.

Overwatch - 15-10-2019 - Most likely - I've always been interested in this game, but too many games. Still, it's multiplayer, so I may get it right away regardless.. Or I may wait for the physical I hear about.
Luigi's Mansion 3 - 31-10-2019 - Must-Buy - Looks great. but not pre-ordered yet.. May do so now after seeing the latest footage. But with October being the new September I may get it later.
Super Kirby Clash - NOW - Downloaded - Ehm, I forgot what this is, doesn't look great at first glance, but it's free, so I've downloaded it, and I'll happily try it.
Trials of Mana - 24-04-2020 - Must-Buy - More interested in this than the collection. looks fun.
Return of the Obra Dinn - Autumn 2019 - Must-Buy - One of the indies which I was hoping would come to Switch. I absolutely hate the artstyle, but Mark Brown of Game maker's Toolkit sold me on the gameplay.
Little Hero Town - 16-10-2019 - Likely - Looks great visually, gameplay sounds interesting, though I'd like to see some more. And October? Hell no. I'll get it later probably.
Banjo & Kazooie - NOW - Downloaded - Looks great, but haven't tried him yet.
Terry Bogard - November 2019 - Already bought with season pass - BUSTER WOLF - I like Terry, he looks cool, but the problem is he takes up another slot for someone I want more and..
More Smash characters - Oh well, never mind. Doom guy please. You must.
"what do you think so far"? - STOP
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - 20-09-2019 - Likely - Will probably get this old game in December or so.
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition - 27-09-2019 - Pre-ordered - Looking forward to it.
Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore - 17-01-2020 - Must-Buy - Another one less reason to still get that WiiU. One of the ports I was hoping for.
Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise - 2020 - Most likely
Deadly Premonition Origins - Now - Most likely - Not getting the first game now, but I'm definitely very interested in both. Heard good things about the first, and though I've not played much of it yet, I like The Missing, and I backed Swery's latest game on Kickstarter.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition - Now - Maybe - Ugh. Heard great things about it, but can't play a meaty RPG now.. Maybe I'll get it for support later, but not sure if I actually get around playing it.
Doom 64 - 22-11-2019 - Unlikely - Super cool announcement, but I prefer just getting a N64 copy myself! Hope this will increase chances for Doomguy in Smash though!
Rogue Company - 2020 - Likely - For something with a generic name like that, I thought it looked surprisingly good. I'll keep an eye out for this one.
"what do you think so far"? - STOP PLEASE
Pokémon Sword & Shield - 15-11-2019 - Pre-orderedRICE ON CURRY - I LOVE the customisation options (I mean, I always love those). Cooking minigame looks fun. Polteageist is going in my main team next to Wooloo.
SNES - Nintendo Switch Online - 06-09-2019 - Nothing I'm really interested in, in the current batch.. I either already have it on Wii or cartridge. I don't have time for the RPG's. Which only leaves Kirby. Though I'll probably play some online Mario World or kart.
SNES controller - Cool
Tetris 99 update - NOW - No - Still not getting it.
Tetris 99 physical - 20-09-2019 - Nopes
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo - 2020 - 08-11-2019 - Unlikely - Just not a fan of this type of games. Eventhough they look great otherwise.
Daemon X Machina Prologue (Demo) - NOW
Daemon X Machina - 13-09-2019 - Pre-ordered - Also played the beta, so I have no interest in the demo. Going to play Astral Chain up until release.
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - 24-09-2019 - Unlikely - Great game.. But not something I want for Switch specifically. If I want to replay it for nostalgia, I'll get it on Steam most likely.. Though if the motion controls are good there's a small chance I may get it anyway.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition - 15-10-2019 - Pre-ordered - Looking forward to it.
Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection - 06-12-2019 - Unlikely - I don't care much about the franchise anymore. Too many games. I'd like to play the latest one, not an old port. That said.. I've only actually played the first game, and I hear this is one of the better entries (I think?). So I don't want to dismiss it entirely.
Dauntless - 2019 - No - I think I'll get another game for my monster slaying needs.
Just Dance 2020 - 05-11-2019 - No - With a better / more flexible music selection, this could maybe be an ok workout game.
Grid Autosport - 19-09-2019 - No - No racing games for me.
Farming Simulator 20 - 03-12-2019 - No - Just no.
Ni No Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch - 20-09-2019 - Likely - My personal biggest casualty of the September releases. I want the game, but can't play the game in September. I'll probably get it later if I have the time to catch up.
NBA 2K20 06-09-2019 - No
Call of Cthulhu - 08-10-2019 - Maybe - I think I heard this was ok, but decent isn't going to cut it in october. May get it later if I want some Lovecraft stuff.
The Outer Worlds - Soon - Most likely - Looks great and I want to support Oblivion.
Devil May Cry 2 - 19-09-2019 - Unlikely - Maybe later, but right now Astral Chain is fulfilling my action needs.
Vampyr - 29-10-2019 - Maybe - Another title with mediocre reviews i think? So not in October. I do like DONTNOD and the setting, so maybe later.
"what do you think so far"? - I'M BEGGING YOU
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 20-03-2020 - Must-Buy - Despite being a Must-buy, this was the worst section of the Direct. The footage just doesn't excite enough in a Direct. I'm still going to buy it and like it.. But I really want more new stuff.
Xenoblade Chronicles - Definitive Edition - 2020 -  Most likely - A weird one, as I still want this game on Wii eventually. But this being HD.. I want this one too. Probably getting both then. Cool announcement.

• Like 1