NEurope
MindFreak

Nintendo Direct 04/09/2019, 11 pm

While I think there will be a lot of expectations going into this Direct, I'm going to make a prediction that is slightly more reasonable.

A bunch of JRPG trailers or trailers for anime style games will be shown that confuse some people, ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hasn’t it been a year or so since Switch Online launched? They really need to announce something that gets people to sign up for another year, most people will say SNES games, but I think it’ll be more likely another freebie online title like Tetris 99. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tim B said:

Somehow I think the GameXplain guys are expecting too much from this Direct. Saying that, the E3 presentation this year was exceptional and the Switch is on fire, so let’s see.

I'd be wary watching anything from them in regards to Directs. A couple of them, if not all of them, do know what is coming a lot of the time and they tend to hint/spoil stuff in these types of videos. It still baffles me that Nintendo air the Directs early for people and then they expect them to keep their mouths shut, which history has proven never really works.

15 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

I've seen a lot of talk about people wanting GameCube games on the Switch and I'd love to see it. Would love another chance to play things like Baten Kaitos again, and with Nintendo and Bandai Namco working closely as of late surely they can sort out the licencing there to make it happen even as a remaster as that would be a fantastic announcement. It's unlikely but I'd love that to happen, alongside remasters of other GameCube games. What are people's thoughts on this happening for the Switch? Too many other games announced and in the works already or space to bring some if them forward?

Make it happen, Nintendo!

3 hours ago, Dog-amoto said:

Hasn’t it been a year or so since Switch Online launched? They really need to announce something that gets people to sign up for another year, most people will say SNES games, but I think it’ll be more likely another freebie online title like Tetris 99. 

Yeah, it's nearly the 1 year anniversary for the service. SNES games have to be a given at this point. I imagine, if the leaked carry case is true, they will push that game as a big release and an incentive for people to sign up or keep their subscriptions. I'm honestly not sure whether to keep mine going. With Monster Hunter done and dusted I don't play with my Switch online at all. The SNES games would be a nice addition but it's a library I own on other systems and have played to death. I'd much rather have GBA games. Nintendo are a bit like Sega in this regard. They keep revisiting the same old generations when they really should be focusing on stuff that hasn't been re-released before, like GameCube games. 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'd be wary watching anything from them in regards to Directs. A couple of them, if not all of them, do know what is coming a lot of the time and they tend to hint/spoil stuff in these types of videos. It still baffles me that Nintendo air the Directs early for people and then they expect them to keep their mouths shut, which history has proven never really works.

Yeah, I don't get why they do this either.  They don't even show members of the media the full Direct, so it's not like they can even get articles up and ready in advance, to post right after the broadcast, because they're only shown snippets of it :blank:

Anywho, I suppose Mario Sunshine HD could be one of the two remasters that are supposed to be announced tonight... but my money is on Metroid Prime Trilogy HD personally.  It was supposed to come out all the way back in February, so it's well overdue by now! (Full disclosure, I only know one of the two remasters).

Spoiler

It's Pikmin 3 DX

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Remaster 1... (Reveal hidden contents)

It's Pikmin 3 DX

That's another one that has been on the cards/rumoured for a while now. That and another one have been touted as a question of not if they will come out but rather of when they will come out.

8 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, I don't get why they do this either.  They don't even show members of the media the full Direct, so it's not like they can even get articles up and ready in advance, to post right after the broadcast, because they're only shown snippets of it :blank:

I don't even see why they need to have articles up and ready to go. If they were having hands on with the games then it would make sense because they need time to write about their impressions of the games. If all the articles are just a summary of what was on the Direct, which is what most of them seem to be, then I really don't understand the idea behind this, especially when most people these days are more interested in reaction videos rather than the written word.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That's another one that has been on the cards/rumoured for a while now. That and another one have been touted as a question of not if they will come out but rather of when they will come out.

I don't even see why they need to have articles up and ready to go. If they were having hands on with the games then it would make sense because they need time to write about their impressions of the games. If all the articles are just a summary of what was on the Direct, which is what most of them seem to be, then I really don't understand the idea behind this, especially when most people these days are more interested in reaction videos rather than the written word.

Based on my own experience? What Nintendo UK do at least is that whenever they hold a press event at their Windsor HQ that comes shortly before a Direct is that they show a small section of the Direct that is related to what they're demoing (and sometimes just a random bit of the Direct).

I don't get it either.  It doesn't really help anyone involved and it just makes stuff more likely to leak :blank:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Well, my list of expected games mentioned:

Spoiler

- SNK character in Smash (Terry)
- Overwatch for Switch (October 18th)
- Assassin's Creed IV Collection (Black Flag + Rogue)
- Pikmin 3 DX
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Metroid Prime Trilogy HD

Definitely shown:
- LM3
- Pokémon SS

Probably shown:
- Mario & Sonic Tokyo 2020
- Animal Crossing
- Panzer Dragoon
- Daemon X Machina

Perhaps:
- Little Town Hero (Game Freak)

3rd Party showings:
- Doom Eternal
- Ni no Kuni
- The Witcher III
- Hollow Knight: Silksong

Misc:
- Banjo-Kazooie in Smash releases this week
- Rare Replay comes to Switch in December

I'd say surprises are the ones in the rumours section here so yeah.. I'll dampen my expectations.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 1

Kotaku has revealed that a rumoured game is indeed coming out. 

Spoiler

Overwatch, coming October 18th as the leak has said. 

16 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Kotaku has revealed that a rumoured game is indeed coming out. 

What game? (Hide contents)

Overwatch, coming October 18th as the leak has said. 

The lack of build-up from announcement to release for that game is kinda crazy!

I'm just going to say i'm dreading the number of titles to be announced / revealed / have solid dates announced.

Won't be able to catch it live this time unfortunately, I'll probably get home when it's about to end.

Hell yeah!!! Return of the Obra Dinn is coming this autumn. So happy about that as it'll be perfect sit and play with a notebook at my side as I try to unravel things. Great announcement that one right there.

• Like 1

Deadly Premonition 2?? Was that hinted at anywhere before? That's nuts.

Will be picking up Deadly Premonition Origins as soon as I can afford it!

Oh shit!! I didn’t think the other remaster would be TMS!! Total blindsider!

@Glen-i‘s gonna lose it! :D 

AND DEADLY PREMONITION 2!?!? Holy fuck!

Edited by Dcubed

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

Deadly Premonition 2?? Was that hinted at anywhere before? That's nuts.

Will be picking up Deadly Premonition Origins as soon as I can afford it!

Kinda. It was hinted at the other day. It was said that Jim Sterling would be VERY happy with this Direct and in the tweet every starting letter in each sentence spelt out SWEARY. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Curry on rice? Should have been fish and chips!

To be fair curry is basically the national dish now.

Oh wow! Stunt Race FX! And Super Tennis! And Joe & MAC 2!? They’ve never been re-released before!!

... if only you could buy them outright...

Edited by Dcubed

It's good that they're selling the controllers individually this time, think I will probably pick one up. Very happy that they aren't charging extra for the SNES games, would have sucked if they'd split it into more tiers

Waste of half an hour for me that! 

SNES games was the only decent thing unveiled.