NEurope
MindFreak

Nintendo Direct 04/09/2019, 11 pm

Is it the 4th or the 5th then?

Why quote a timezone that leads to ambiguity!

Banjo-Kazooie Smash DLC shadow-drop release date right after the direct?

All signs point to yes! :D

I hope so anyway, it would be ideal timing.

Edited by S.C.G

Well with all the speculation building I think we may be getting the 4th DLC character announcement in this Direct.

I guess a lot of people were expecting one though considering there usually is a Nintendo Direct in September or around Autumn time.

Should we be too bothered about the “focussed on 2019” part? I know Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing were announced in last year’s equivalent Direct, so I guess not...

Just now, Tim B said:

Should we be too bothered about the “focussed on 2019” part? I know Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing were announced in last year’s equivalent Direct, so I guess not...

They always say that, but there's amost always at least a couple of games past the dates they write down. It's just them managing expectations which is pretty important these days.

40 minutes?

So 35 minutes full of Pokémon, a 2 minute trailer for Luigi's Mansion 3, 1 minute for Smash Banjo shadow drop and a two minute indie sizzle reel. You heard it here first, folks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

40 minutes?

So 35 minutes full of Pokémon, a 2 minute trailer for Luigi's Mansion 3, 1 minute for Smash Banjo shadow drop and a two minute indie sizzle reel. You heard it here first, folks.

This is about in line with my reasonable expectations... :D

...as for my unreasonable expectations, we're getting a new F-Zero game just in time for Christmas. :p

content-4-35963-nintendodirect04092019banner.jpg

Up on the front page! :D

All aboard the hype train. ;)

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bob said:

Is it the 4th or the 5th then?

Why quote a timezone that leads to ambiguity!

• Like 1

I've got a real feeling that Banjo will be added to Smash a short time after this direct. Not a shadow drop, but like, within a week.

Just a gut feeling, mind.

33 minutes ago, drahkon said:

40 minutes?

I know you're joking but Directs have been packed full of content for years now, hopefully the trend continues :)

That said, I really hope they don't spend long on Pokemon. We don't need to see every plasticy looking gym leader, or every Z move dynamix gigantasaur megaton evolution whatever for every single 'mon.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Banjo-Kazooie Smash DLC shadow-drop release date right after the direct?

All signs point to yes! :D

I hope so anyway, it would be ideal timing.

Considering the Japanese advertisement that was doing the rounds, it would appear as if Banjo will be dropping early Sept.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Tim B said:

Based on what I’ve heard? You shouldn’t be worried... There’s quite a bit coming this year that hasn’t been announced yet...

• Thanks 1

Even though it's Mario overload, I think we could see the port of Super Mario 3D World get announced for January or February.

Other than the Smash DLC I don't really know what to expect from this. 40 minutes makes it quite a long direct and they're bound to do a pretty deep dive on Link's Awakening as well as Luigi and Pokémon. Dragon Quest will obviously get plenty of screen time and I would hope they have more of Animal Crossing to show but there is a lot of scope for surprises.

@Tim B 3D World port is a weird one because it's obviously happening at some point, it's just about when they can fit it in. January/February makes sense considering NSMB released at that time this year, but would a 3D World release eat into Luigi's Mansion sales? It'll only have been out for a few months at that point and announcing a 3D world port before Luigi even comes out could potentially harm its launch sales. 

Given one of the rumours/leaks that's going around about 2 third party ports, I'd be very much on board if they end up being true as I'd happily jump back into those games given it's been long enough since I played them and having them for on the go play would be brilliant.

Beyond that, I'm curious to see what they've got beyond the games announced. As other's have said, hopefully there isn't a long deep dive into Pokemon (which would be better suited for its own Direct) or Links Awakening and Dragon Quest XI (especially with the lengthy demo for the latter available). Luigi's Mansion should perhaps be the game that gets the majority of the spotlight but hopefully it'll be a case of the time being evenly spread across a wider range of games, whether announced or getting announced for the first time here.

I've seen a lot of talk about people wanting GameCube games on the Switch and I'd love to see it. Would love another chance to play things like Baten Kaitos again, and with Nintendo and Bandai Namco working closely as of late surely they can sort out the licencing there to make it happen even as a remaster as that would be a fantastic announcement. It's unlikely but I'd love that to happen, alongside remasters of other GameCube games. What are people's thoughts on this happening for the Switch? Too many other games announced and in the works already or space to bring some if them forward?

SNES online should be in this Direct, but it sounds to me like they will gloss over major September releases like Zelda.

Untitled Goose Game might get a mention given its release date was only announced recently. Ditto Yooka-Laylee.

No one has mentioned Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games yet, which should also be a huge seller this holiday season and beyond.

The Smash character, if the rumours are true, will be a disappointment to me. But I've barely even played as Joker or Hero so I was never expecting much. Banjo-Kazooie DLC will get a release date though, seems it will either shadow drop or be released within a couple of weeks.

Pokémon has been confirmed to be making an appearance, I just hope there's a Pokémon Direct closer to the time and that it doesn't take up the bulk of this presentation. 

In terms of 2020 games we know about, I expect we will see a little bit more of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 seem less likely but you never know. Detective Pikachu is also on its way, but we don't know when.

We'll probably see more about the online multiplayer of Luigi's Mansion 3. I'm not very much has been seen of that yet, if anything.

As always, I'm hoping to see surprises. I'm particularly excited to see what will get announced for December...

6 minutes ago, Tim B said:

How could I forget Mario Kart Tour? It should also be in this Direct.

Could be but I don't think many if any mobile games are in their Directs tbh

Just now, Ronnie said:

Could be but I don't think many if any mobile games are in their Directs tbh

Ah yeah, it does specify Nintendo Switch titles.

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I've got a real feeling that Banjo will be added to Smash a short time after this direct. Not a shadow drop, but like, within a week.

Just a gut feeling, mind.

I’m looking forward to the traditional Smash newcomer N-E session! :hehe:

40 minutes ago, Tim B said:

How could I forget Mario Kart Tour? It should also be in this Direct.

Speaking of Mario Kart, I’m still hoping for a LABO VR update for MK8DX. If it doesn’t appear tomorrow then I guess it ain’t happening.

Anyway, here’s hoping this is a good Direct with lots of surprises. :) 

• Thanks 1

Somehow I think the GameXplain guys are expecting too much from this Direct. Saying that, the E3 presentation this year was exceptional and the Switch is on fire, so let’s see.