NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CrowingJoe79

I may quit Resident Evil. I have not decided yet...

I love the series, but it isn't as great as it was. I think Capcom has severely milked it. They sold out once they started copying other trends, and I think Naughty Dog can create way better games. The thing is too, the RE Engine made Chris look odd.

Other than that, some fanboys in the community aren't a full shilling either. I have had a lot of hassle elsewhere. This has occurred at other forums, and also on YouTube. I also have this creep stalking me. I have to be careful not to post any more personal stuff that the dude loves to latch himself onto.

But don't get me wrong. I will be remaining a fan, but only in some way smaller capacity. The recent games however, are vastly disappointing. I don't want Capcom to just remake or reboot everything, and do bland spin off games. But I really don't want to join any more message boards. I only post on a handful of websites now in general, but they aren't very active. And like I said, some people online are annoying. But um, with that said, what do you think of this new "Project Resistance" game? It's hard to judge it since I have yet to watch any major footage.

I'm a moderate fan of Resident Evil.

I've only completed half of the main games in the series though, despite owning the entire series across various platforms.

Resident Evil Zero - Interesting prequel, I like the setting, the character system was quite unique as well for its time.
Resident Evil - The original, the classic, while I don't rate the original release these days, I love the remake.
Resident Evil 2 - Best in the series from a nostalgia point of view, I've played the original which I like, I've played the remake which I like, though I've never properly finished it.
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis - This always felt like an alternate take on Resi 2 to me, I know Resi 3 and CV got switched around at some point, maybe that's why it feels weird to me.
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - Really started to change the series up, has some weird themes and some cool setpieces, I also like the new camera system, DC ver = good.
Resident Evil 4 - Do I even need to say anything about this game at this point? Played it and loved it, it is Resi but with more than a few twists.
Resident Evil 5 - Good co-op game, still a Resident Evil game? Sort of... but, Wesker... "complete, global saturation" Chris punching a boulder, in a volcano... yeah.
Resident Evil 6 - Yeah, good one Capcom.
Resident Evil 7 - It's first-person Resi... redefining what the series is again but really borrowing a tonne of ideas from elsewhere.

That's my quick and in no way doing the series any justice overview of the Resident Evil series. :D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

In what way do you think Capcom have milked the series? The only way I think they've milked it is by releasing all the games on everything including the kitchen sink. I was under the impression that RE7 and RE2 Remake were well regarded. Can't really blame them for trying different things to keep the series (un?)fresh. I do miss the old cheesey b-movie style of the old games though.

Well, I would say it's mostly because Capcom shamelessly copies ideas from other games and movies. I mean, they're not the first company that has did that, but I do notice it. I think giving that they add in new plot stuff in every new game without resolving what occurred in the last one, is a bit annoying too. They leave the prior game open-ended, and when the new game comes out years later, most of what's in it is largely unrelated to the plot aspects from before. So now that I've seen that they rinse and repeat this cycle, it has gotten to a point where I feel like the series has ran its course. It becomes hard to maintain any interest in a franchise, knowing that they will do carry on doing this for years to follow. 

Plus, I think a lot of fans online are toxic in general. I've been a member of so many other message boards, like I said. Since 2003, I've had people trolling me hard, yet they always make out I'm one who is the troll. Like, if you go on any search engine, and look up "Grace Saunders" and anything to do with these games, you will be able to find a lot of links to other websites, where people are essentially mocking me. There's also a page about me on Encyclopedia Dramatica. That site appears to be down just now, but I do have a page on there, where idiots have referred to me as a mentally ill man, as well as posting my real name and location. And blah, blah, blah.

Eventually, most of these forums disappeared, but a select few remain. Nobody really posts much on these forums anymore. The only forum I really do post on a lot is Biohaze, and a few forums about Silent Hill. With any other forums, I just log in now and then to post a few threads, but I don't think the users on these forums are massive fans of survival horror games. Then last year, I had a real bothersome issue with some YouTubers. 

There's a guy with over 4000 followers on YouTube, called Nemesis. He talks about Resident Evil mostly, and some other guys started bashing him over a year ago. They made videos about him supposedly being a toxic content creator, and they claimed he should be blacklisted for misleading the fans. He was just stating his opinions, albeit in a rather overly dramatic manner. Since then, he hasn't did this kind of ranting much at all. But anyway, they made videos that essentially made fun of him for going on about Capcom, since he claimed they had been disrespecting certain former employees. Giving the fact that I 100% agreed with what he said, I tried to stick up for him. Rather than using an alias, I used my real name, and appeared on camera to talk about the YouTubers who were targeting Nemesis. Not that a fully grown man needs my help, but whatever.

So at one point, I said something derogatory concerning the United States, and I also told them about the satire wiki in question. The stuff I said was for cheap heat mainly, but I can see why an American would be offended by what I said. Nemesis however, eventually turned on me. The guys that were making a fool of him took his side after this, and so on. This year, they decided to remove the videos about Nemesis, and now they're even doing podcasts with him from time to time. Nemesis just keeps blocking me, during his live streams, if he knows it's me, and I pledged money to him on Patreon. He refunded the money I sent him to him, and blocked me.

In one of the videos, one of the trolls said that they removed the videos about Nemesis due to him showing a better side to himself, yet this person said the videos about me were staying up. After that, I flagged them constantly, but I didn't get two of them deleted until back in July. I even got one of their addresses, because he has his real name on his PayPal profile, and I used truepeoplesearch.com to find out where he lives. Me pulling that stunt made these guys become angry, and then they made even more videos saying I was a loser for doing that, just over video game disagreements. Although they were saying some really nasty things about me, which was the reason for reporting their videos in the first place. I'm sure you get the point. 

But, yeah. I'm really upset about fallen out with this Nemesis guy, because after all the years of crap I suffered through with morons on the Internet abusing me, I thought I'd finally found that one guy I could form a bond with, to have some fun podcasts with before I officially retired from everywhere I go online, and I basically blew it. My mother said that she would not have put up with all of this BS for as long as I did. Although I guess having no social life is why I'm so attached to forums and YouTube. Unfortunately, there's a lot of arrogant people online that have really been screwing things up for me, and making my depression become worse. When I look back on all of it, I feel like I've been totally wasting my time. I've even had a stalker in New Zealand pestering me for the past 2 years. For example, if you go on acyberlove.com, you can see tons of spam posts that he has recently made. He also knows I've been in some films, so he tries to contact people from those films.

http://www.acyberlove.com/showthread.php?t=132874

https://archive.org/details/NemesisTheMostToxicResidentEvilContentCreator

• Sad 1

So I played Code Veronica X, then 0, then 1. I got half way through 2 and sold my Gamecube. I've tried playing 4 but I just can't. Same with 6 and 7, it's just not the same.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this