NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Yakuza 7 (PS4 2020)

The first run of the post-game dungeon is pretty easy. You will be able to blitz it with the team you have now. You need to do that one first in order to unlock the more difficult version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The first run of the post-game dungeon is pretty easy. You will be able to blitz it with the team you have now. You need to do that one first in order to unlock the more difficult version.

Is there a better way in one of the two dungeons to grind exp as opposed to the vagabond in the sewers? And is there anything worthwhile to get in the first dungeon that could help with the second?

Edited by drahkon

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Is there a better way in one of the two dungeons to grind exp as opposed to the vagabond in the sewers? And is there anything worthwhile to get in the first dungeon that could help with the second?

The vagabonds are the best enemies to kill for exp. You should be having 4 battles with them in the second area of the sewers to get the most out of it and then just run back to the previous area to reset them.

I dont think there are any special items in the final dungeon that would help the grind. I think most of the 1.5 exp items can be bought elsewhere. You can get 2 of them for some jobs so make sure to stack up for double exp.

• Thanks 1

Good to know :peace: Thanks. :) 

Still have to grind the charisma stat as well as do more Part-Time-Hero missions. Think I'll switch between each grind now and then :D 

That's what I was doing. I'd go and grind until the jobs were at the max and then spend some time outside of the sewers doing other things, before I went back in.

Remember, I only had 3 jobs maxed out and the rest were level 30. That was more than enough to see me through so you may be able to do it with less. Getting the jobs to level 30 is super quick. Once you've maxed out the jobs you want then the rest will fly by.

• Thanks 1

Spent some time grinding jobs and Charisma last Saturday.

48 hours in and I "just" need to finish the two post-game dungeons. Still need to do a lot more grinding for job exp, though.

• Like 2

After another 2 hours of grindiness Ichiban now has three jobs at level 99. The others have two.

Decided to take a break from the grind and tackle the first post-game dungeon. What can I say...I breezed through :D

• Haha 1

Well...Nanba still needs about 60 levels for the Foreman job. Pretty sure the HP is necessary.
The other characters are at level 99 with 3 jobs and around level 30 with the others.

Am I ready after I've finished the grind with Nanba? Who knows...

My set-up will be:
Hero
Hitman
Idol
Homeless Guy

Should be a pretty good mix of damage and healing.

In other news: I think all Yakuza games are on sale in the PSN store right now, in case anybody wants to buy some :p

• Like 1

Spoiler

hh8Sqfz.jpg

Bwwa5nc.jpg

:D

What a game.

Sometimes developers try to mix formulas/gameplay of two different games and they can't make it work.
But what the team has done with Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a masterclass and showcase of how it can work. Yakuza's craziness and Dragon Quest's mechanics are a perfect fit but what makes it so special is the care and attention to detail that's been put into this iteration.
The battle system is incredible, the presentation is top-notch, Yakuza madness and quality all around, the story is one of the best I've ever experienced in a game (it's got twists and characters that leave you emotionally invested all the way to the end). It just works.

10/10, love it!

• Like 2

Got myself one of those digital pixel frames and this of course was the first design I created for mine in honour of my Yakuza bretheren :laughing:

afzi9kl.gif

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

@Happenstance, awesome! :laughing:

What exactly is that thing? I think I need one. :hehe: 

It's called a Pixoo Max from Divoom. This is the 32x32 pixel version but they also sell 16x16 versions. It lets you upload things you have created yourself or from a big community of people who make images for it. It's also got built in stuff like clocks etc. Got a feeling I'm gonna be spending the next few days going through the app and favouriting everything I want to upload!

As you can see from mine the app also lets you upload gifs or static images and it will convert them into pixel art for you.

Another example of one of mine :laughing:

p7WXMu8.gif

Edited by Happenstance
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Like a Dragon PC mod: :o

Never really got into the whole modding thing, but thinking I should start after seeing that. :D

Looks like the game is headed to Game Pass. Grubb and other sources have confirmed this is the case.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks like the game is headed to Game Pass. Grubb and other sources have confirmed this is the case.

Great news for those that haven’t played it yet. @Glen-i, I believe you were waiting for it to come out on Game Pass, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Great news for those that haven’t played it yet. @Glen-i, I believe you were waiting for it to come out on Game Pass, right?

Yes, I was! Fantastic news! I know what I'll be playing next once I finish Kingdom Hearts III!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yes, I was! Fantastic news! I know what I'll be playing next once I finish Kingdom Hearts III!

It’s available today. Also, play the others first! 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It’s available today. Also, play the others first! 

I would have, if they didn't remove all the other Kingdom Heart games during lockdown.

Wait, are you talk about Kingdom Hearts or Yakuza?

Because I'm not really keen to play the earlier Yakuza games.

Switching to a Turn-Based RPG is what caught my interest in the first place. The beat-em-up genre isn't really the kind of gameplay that will help me ignore the open-world trappings the series has, but I can deal with it if it has solid RPG elements. (It's the only reason I could tolerate Xenoblade X)

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I would have, if they didn't remove all the other Kingdom Heart games during lockdown.

Wait, are you talk about Kingdom Hearts or Yakuza?

Switching to a Turn-Based RPG is what caught my interest in the first place. The beat-em-up genre isn't really the kind of gameplay that will help me ignore the open-world trappings the series has, but I can deal with it if it has solid RPG elements. (It's the only reason I could tolerate Xenoblade X)

I was talking about Yakuza.

The open world of Yakuza is tiny. It’s small but densely packed. You’ll miss out on certain story beats if jumping straight to 7 without playing any of the others. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

tenor.gif

How do we add people on the forums to our Ignore list again? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Julius said:

tenor.gif

How do we add people on the forums to our Ignore list again? 

You can't ignore me! I'm one quarter of the N-Europe PMD Fan Club!

But fine, you know what? I'll give one of them a fair chance. Recommend me one. One early enough where it won't matter if I miss a few plot details, but one that's, you know, high on the Yakuza quality table.

And keep in mind, @Dcubed is my access to XBox gaming, so you better make it a good one. Because I won't have 24/7 access to it. And if I'm not sold, I'll go straight to 7.

• Haha 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

You can't ignore me! I'm one quarter of the N-Europe PMD Fan Club!

But fine, you know what? I'll give one of them a fair chance. Recommend me one. One early enough where it won't matter if I miss a few plot details, but one that's, you know, high on the Yakuza quality table.

And keep in mind, @Dcubed is my access to XBox gaming, so you better make it a good one. Because I won't have 24/7 access to it. And if I'm not sold, I'll go straight to 7.

Yakuza 0. Forever and always Yakuza 0.

• Like 3

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Yakuza 0. Forever and always Yakuza 0.

Is that a Resi Evil 0 kinda deal where it was developed after a few entries, but it's set before the original game?

Just now, Glen-i said:

Is that a Resi Evil 0 kinda deal where it was developed after a few entries, but it's set before the original game?

Yeah. It’s generally considered the strongest entry in the series.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this