NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Yakuza 7 (PS4 2020)

I'll put them in a spoiler tag as there will be character and boss names flying about the place.

Spoiler

Initially I was going to level up every job to the max but after doing this for 3 of them I started to get a little bored. After that, I decided to just level every job up to level 30. This gives you every skill you need for each of the characters to exploit the weaknesses of the enemies in the tower.

I also made the EX EX version of the best weapons for each of the characters.

My main team was Ichiban (Hero), Eri (Idol) and Nanba, Zhao with their original jobs. I picked Eri over Saeko as her stats were a lot better. Nanba came along for the ride due to his healing abilities.

The armour I used was pretty much all the dragon gear I got from the arena. 

The accessories used were ones that raised HP (bindings) or things like Dragon Eye that boosted all stats.

I made sure I had plenty of MP refilling items on me and also took along the Sacrifice Stones that I had earned throughout the game.

First thing you need to do before entering the building is equip the accessory that lets you avoid random battles. If you have this equipped, enter the building and head straight for the elevator for some reason the game doesn't load up the first fight. :D 

As for the rest of the tower, the mobs are the hardest part, not the bosses. Kiryu, Saejima and Majima are puppy dogs compared to gangs of standard enemies.

I would have Eri on healing duty and with Nanba's first move I would have him decrease the enemies attack and defence. After that it's just a question of keeping health topped up and exploiting the weaknesses of enemies. If Eri can't heal then Ichiban or Nanba would take over those duties.

For the final boss fight, before going into his room I would equip the accessory that stops the fear status from being inflicted. I had 3 of these to use. Amon will try to inflict fear just before he uses the satallite move. After he goes into beast stance you let him call on Kiryu, Saejima and Majima. At this point you use the masochist summon. This will help shield you from the satallite attack. Once he has done that I concentrated on healing back up, debugging the lot of them and targeting Amon first. He's easily the most deadliest out of the final bosses. With him down I went for Majima because he has very low HP. Once we was taken care of the rest fell down pretty quickly.

I will say that you need to be careful that they don't use their summon attacks. Kiryu used his on my team and it was completely out the blue. I had no idea they could use those moves. My whole team was very close to death after he pulled off that manouvre.

Once you learn the enemies weaknesses it's not really that bad. Plus, my doing it shows there's no need to grind every job to the max.

Oh, if you get to the final boss and fail, you can retry the fight from there but it will cost money. I completely forgot about this after failing my first run though and I knocked the game off when my team got wiped out, as I wanted to go and make some food....it then dawned on me what I had done. I had to do the whole thing again! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats @Hero-of-Time :peace:

Was away from my PS5 for the weekend so couldn't grind :(

But after the hour long session just now I'm done with the grind for a while.

Spoiler

1dSMwCZ.jpg

YGZqbEd.jpg

ntEOXhU.jpg

giU3gb5.jpg

All at level 55 or 56.
Gonna keep the crowns equipped so I can maximize the money I'll gain throughout the remainder of the story. Speaking of story, I will finally continue with the main quest :D I think I'm prepared.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, drahkon said:

I will finally continue with the main quest :D

He said, right before taking a nap. Woke up craving the grind and that's what I did :laughing:
Got all jobs for my 4 main party members up to level 15 for some stat bonuses. I ended up at level 63 for the party :D

Anyways, had to stop for a minute to digest the awesomeness that is Chapter 12

Spoiler

MAJIMAAAAAAAA :D

Saejima...I think I remember him from some flashbacks in Yakuza 0, but not so sure.

And then...The Dragon of Dojima arrives :cool: What an entrance.

I guess now I kinda know how Yakuza 6 ends 'cause Majima says "I knew you're alive." (I mean, not really, but you know...something bad happens with Kiryu).
While it is a spoiler, I don't really mind. It just makes me want to play the other games even more to see what the fuck happens with Kiryu.

Well...still not done with the chapter so...see ya'll later :p

Edit: It's done...ooooohhhhh boooyyyyyy.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

Spoiler

That twist...

They sure know how to make a grown man cry :(

What a game...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:
  Chapter 13 (Reveal hidden contents)

That twist...

They sure know how to make a grown man cry :(

What a game...

Yup. Loved that chapter. I was like...:eek:....:cry:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. Loved that chapter. I was like...:eek:....:cry:

Pretty much exactly my reaction :D

Just finished Chapter 14...

Spoiler

Kiryu is a beast :cool:

Such a cool fight. And that cutscene afterwards...Dragon Quest all the way. Ichiban even hummed the jingle :D

Kiryu has a certain aura surrounding him...seems like he went through hell. Looks like I'll have to get back to the series sooner rather than later after getting Platinum with this one.

Guess I'm nearing the end? Gonna take a break for a while and might finish the story tonight. How long will it take?

17 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Pretty much exactly my reaction :D

Just finished Chapter 14...

Chapter 14 Boss Spoiler (Reveal hidden contents)

Kiryu is a beast :cool:

Such a cool fight. And that cutscene afterwards...Dragon Quest all the way. Ichiban even hummed the jingle :D

Kiryu has a certain aura surrounding him...seems like he went through hell. Looks like I'll have to get back to the series sooner rather than later after getting Platinum with this one.

Guess I'm nearing the end? Gonna take a break for a while and might finish the story tonight. How long will it take?

It's not that long, at least gameplay wise. It's essentially just the last dungeon.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's essentially just the last dungeon.

Making my way through it.

Piss easy, so far :D To be honest, the entire game has been quite easy. Even without grinding until chapter 12 there was nothing really dangerous. There was a huge bump in enemy level in that chapter, though. Not that it made it difficult :p I was just surprised.

Hope the post-game is a little more difficult, even after the grind.

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Making my way through it.

Piss easy, so far :D To be honest, the entire game has been quite easy. Even without grinding until chapter 12 there was nothing really dangerous. There was a huge bump in enemy level in that chapter, though. Not that it made it difficult :p I was just surprised.

Hope the post-game is a little more difficult, even after the grind.

The only hard thing in post game is the true final dungeon. Everything else is pretty standard.

Chapter 12 is the sticking point for a lot of people because the game increases the enemy levels dramatically compared the the last chapter you were on. If you had not been grinding or getting your equipment in order it can be troublesome. I had to stop and grind at that point in order to get past it.

• Thanks 1

Aaaaaand the game crashed :blank:

Not autosave, no savepoint in the dungeon, haven't reached the boss, gotta do it all again.

Meh, not today.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, drahkon said:

Grinding to level up Charisma is going to be a pain :(

I think I had that and one other that needed to be levelled up after I had finished the game. If you do the side-hero missions that should net you what you need.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think I had that and one other that needed to be levelled up after I had finished the game. If you do the side-hero missions that should net you what you need.

Kindness and Charisma for me. The latter still only half-way through level 8.

Well, gonna farm for that after I'm done with the story. Here's hoping it won't crash again when I give it a go later today :D

In order to balance out @RedShell's ungrindiness (yes, that's a word) I put in a session tonight.

Ichiban is now at level 98 (20k exp away from 99), the rest either 86 or 87. 2x exp gain for Ichiban helped quite a bit it seems :D

Anyway, gonna give the final dungeon another go sometime soon and hope the game won't crash again :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, drahkon said:

In order to balance out @RedShell's ungrindiness (yes, that's a word) I put in a session tonight.

Ichiban is now at level 98 (20k exp away from 99), the rest either 86 or 87. 2x exp gain for Ichiban helped quite a bit it seems :D

Anyway, gonna give the final dungeon another go sometime soon and hope the game won't crash again :p

At those levels you're gonna massacre the final dungeon and boss. Just what I like to see.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

At those levels you're gonna massacre the final dungeon and boss. Just what I like to see.

Well, I did massacre the enemies in the dungeon at level 67 :p 
But it's gonna be much more fun now :D 

Would you say I need to level up more jobs to get permanent stat bonuses? I have all jobs at level 15 for my main party and each main job now at around 50. Will this be enough for the true final dungeon?

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Final dungeon? Absolutely. One of the post-game dungeons? Not at all. :p 

Oh well, guess I'll just have to kill a few more vagabonds after I'm done with the story then :D 

Credits are rolling.

Spoiler

:( then :cry:then :) then :blank: and finally
:cry::cry:

That is all...

Edit: And now I've watched the post credit scenes.

What a powerful conclusion...chapter 15 was sooooo good. As was the entire story. Very well written with characters that left me emotionally invested in them like only a few games have in the past.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Credits are rolling.

Ending spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

:( then :cry:then :) then :blank: and finally
:cry::cry:

That is all...

Edit: And now I've watched the post credit scenes.

What a powerful conclusion...chapter 15 was sooooo good. As was the entire story. Very well written with characters that left me emotionally invested in them like only a few games have in the past.

Spoiler

The whole scene outside of the coin lockers was heartbreaking. Ichiban bearing his soul, desperate for the young master to see the error of his ways. :( 

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Ending (Reveal hidden contents)

The whole scene outside of the coin lockers was heartbreaking. Ichiban bearing his soul, desperate for the young master to see the error of his ways. :( 

Spoiler

Not ashamed to admit that I was crying throughout the entire scene :cry:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:
  Ending (Hide contents)

Not ashamed to admit that I was crying throughout the entire scene :cry:

I think such scenes are so powerful due to the voice work and care and attention that's gone into directing the actors and the facial animations. Getting quality VA goes a long way into drawing you into game. 

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think such scenes are so powerful due to the voice work and care and attention that's gone into directing the actors and the facial animations. Getting quality VA goes a long way into drawing you into game. 

Have you played with English VA? If so, is the facial animation as high quality as it is with Japanese VA?

There is so much care put into it, it's incredible. And the voice actors are amazing. I don't speak Japanese but the combination of great performance and awesome facial animations manages to convey all emotions quite impressively.

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Have you played with English VA? If so, is the facial animation as high quality as it is with Japanese VA?

There is so much care put into it, it's incredible. And the voice actors are amazing. I don't speak Japanese but the combination of great performance and awesome facial animations manages to convey all emotions quite impressively.

Nah, I played with the Japanese voices. I think RedShell mentioned that the animations were spot on for the English VA as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think RedShell mentioned that the animations were spot on for the English VA as well.

Good to hear. It's definitely necessary. A game like this, with a "realistic" world and characters needs VA and animations that are spot on.
Lackluster lipsyncing kinda works in games with art styles like Dragon Quest, but even there a little more effort would be nice :D

Anyways, didn't have much time to grind today after finishing the story. Two characters are at level 99, the other two not far off.

For the post-game dungeons I think I'll go with Ichiban as Hero, Nanban as Homeless Guy, ...

Spoiler

...Eri as Idol and Joon-gi Han as...no idea, to be honest :D

Obviously those jobs I need to max out. First, I'll max out jobs that give HP, though.

Gonna be a loooooong grind. :peace:

Sign in to follow this