NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Yakuza 7 (PS4 2020)

1 hour ago, martinist said:

Once you build up the business and get the right people on the right property it pretty much does everything it's self. Just spend the money to de-stress the employees and you'll be making 3 mill at a time after every invester meeting. Just be sure to buy air time for TV ads when it's offered and sell the least profitable building and buy another with better proffit growth every time you advance in the stock market rankings.

Yeah, been doing it for quite a while now. Currently at rank 7. :D

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Continue to do that because it's a fantastic way to earn money.

Indeed it is. Sitting at 8 million yen right now. :cool:

And that's the Management mini-game done :D
Sitting at 20 million yen. Think that'll be enough for a while. :p

Also discovered Dragon Kart...this is where I'll spend some time for now.

11 hours ago, drahkon said:

And that's the Management mini-game done :D
Sitting at 20 million yen. Think that'll be enough for a while. :p

You would think that would be the case but....

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You would think that would be the case but....

Yeah...found out that the Romance Workshop (if I ever open a brothel, this is what I'll call it) requires a whooping 20 mil for the final upgrade.

Welp, guess I'll go back to the Management mini-game and farm more :p 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Yeah...found out that the Romance Workshop (if I ever open a brothel, this is what I'll call it) requires a whooping 20 mil for the final upgrade.

Welp, guess I'll go back to the Management mini-game and farm more :p 

If you want to upgrade your weapons to the highest levels then you're gonna need a lot more. That's not really needed though. I think I finished the story without ever faffing about with the upgrade system.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If you want to upgrade your weapons to the highest levels then you're gonna need a lot more. That's not really needed though. I think I finished the story without ever faffing about with the upgrade system.

You should know by now that I want to take advantage of strong weapons to destroy early enemies easily :p

I'm currently spending all my money on crafting materials. I will definitely need to get more money :laughing:

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

You should know by now that I want to take advantage of strong weapons to destroy early enemies easily :p

I'm currently spending all my money on crafting materials. I will definitely need to get more money :laughing:

Do you think you'll go for the platinum? 

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Do you think you'll go for the platinum? 

Good question. Haven't looked at what's required to get all trophies. Depends on whether there are some ridiculously difficult or time consuming trophies.

For JRPGs I expect grinding and all that jazz, so a 100 hour Platinum isn't out of the question.

Oh, you'll have to grind. Apparently it takes about 20+ hours of nothing but grinding exp. I suppose if you break it up a bit and stick a podcast/music on, it won't be that bad.

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Oh, you'll have to grind. Apparently it takes about 20+ hours of nothing but grinding exp. I suppose if you break it up a bit and stick a podcast/music on, it won't be that bad.

Then it's just a matter of whether I'll buy a new game anytime soon :D If I do, I probably can't be arsed to stay with this one.

Just completed the first dungeon again and fought 4 of this game's Metal Slime, I guess. Quite a nice surprise. One fled, though, but the other three got my team 8 level-ups :o
It was quite lucky that I spent a lot of money on new armor and improving weapons...that dungeon was no joke at the end. There was one enemy (Pier Reviewer) that's just stupid...a tank who doesn't even hit that hard...gonna be very annoying to fight these again in the future.
The boss of the dungeon... :laughing:

Spoiler

A giant Roomba

That was unexpected :D

Hit quite hard, but I had a shit ton of healing items 'cause I was fucking rich, bitch! (spent approximately 30 mil on items, upgrades and crafting material).

Anyways, now that I'm out it's time for some more Management mini-gaming and crafting armor for the rest of my party.

Should probably continue with the story soon... :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Spoiler

:cry: Nanbaaaaaa

What an emotional scene that was.

This is my third Yakuza game and yes, this one also has characters that make you emotionally invested.

Pretty much focused on story today. Twists and turns everywhere :D Love it.

• Like 1

Aaaaand that's Chapter 11 done.

Spoiler

Well...everything's turned to shit...

Can't wait to see how the story unfolds further. It's been a hell of a ride already. :D

• Like 1

On sick leave for today so what else is there to do than play video games. :p

Just reached the Battle Arena and yeah, it's another thing I'll spend way to much time at :laughing:
Gotta say it's a brilliant but necessary addition to the game. Grinding can be a little annoying with the limited world/dungeons so this arena seems like the way to go, at least for now.

If Yakuza: Like a Dragon can keep the high quality up it'll be right up there on my "best games ever"-list :D

• Like 1

Yeah, the arena is the second best place to grind in the game, especially when you unlock all the fights and can just repeat the final few.

Once you are strong enough to beat the stages with the bonus requirements complete, you'll also get some of the best armour in the game. You can kit out your whole team with it because the bonus challenge rewards get dished out every time you complete them.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Once you are strong enough to beat the stages with the bonus requirements complete, you'll also get some of the best armour in the game. You can kit out your whole team with it because the bonus challenge rewards get dished out every time you complete them.

Good to know.

Got my party (which I think I'll stick with until the end) almost completely decked out with Cyber gear. Haven't found better armor, yet (I could craft better armor, but don't have the material).

Reached floor 7 now with all optional challenges completed.

If I lose a fight in the arena, do I also lose half of my money?

At the end of the arena you get Ichiban's upgradable bat. There are also a few other usefull items for crafting, most of which are hard to come by in the world so I'd do my best to try and aquire them in the arena if you're looking to upgrade the bat to be effective during the end game.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, martinist said:

At the end of the arena you get Ichiban's upgradable bat. 

Yeah, I needed that bat to upgrade that upgraded bat.

xzibit-happy.jpg

Just finished all 30 floors. It was very easy. For some reason I didn't complete some of the optional challenges, although I think I've met the requirements? Guess I was wrong. ::shrug:

Done all the tests at the Vocational School, completed 20 substories (man, some of those are hilarious :laughing:), won the first two grandprixs in Dragon Kart (the rubberbanding is real in this one), got my party to level 49 (Ichiban as a Hero, Nanban as a Fortune Teller, the other two - not writing their names 'cause spoilers - are Hitman and Dealer), upgraded my weapons a lot and am now at 28 hours played. Still chapter 12 :D

What a game :peace:

Dragon Kart offers some of the most amazing songs in gaming :cool:

Spoiler

Circuit 3 is a fucking banger.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's another edition of "drahkon talks to himself in this thread" :p

Did a few more substories today. Only got one left which isn't completed according to the substory tab, but I have no idea how to complete it ::shrug: It says I have to have a drink with a certain dude, but he's nowhere to be found (supposed to be at a certain street).
Well, other than that...no substories available right now.

Watched all movies in Seagull Cinema. That was weird :laughing: I took Sa-chan to the...ehem...teacher/school movie. Well...awkward :D

Ranked up my Part-Time-Hero rank once, too.

The thing is: All fights are ridiculously easy, which comes as no surprise. I have strong weapons and my party is at level 50. The beauty of this game, though: All substories are still fun because they are so well written/weird/funny/stupid/sad/awesome/etc. :peace:

Anyways, now I'm grinding for a few materials so I can craft the remaining 4 golden crowns (I forgot its actual name) which I'll keep equipped for a while 'cause I wanna maximize the money I gain from fights in the near future.

Am I going for the Platinum? FUCK YES!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The platinum actually seems doable for me. Now that I dont' have to play mahjong or anything like that. I'll get to it eventually.

1 hour ago, martinist said:

The platinum actually seems doable for me. Now that I dont' have to play mahjong or anything like that. I'll get to it eventually.

Oh, it doable it's just whether you are willing to put in the time to grind the money, weapons and experience.

• Like 1

IT.IS.DONE.

ErZYnK1XYAc-5Eg?format=jpg&name=large

My first platinum of 2021 and a worthy one indeed.

On January 9, 2021 at 7:18 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Oh, it doable it's just whether you are willing to put in the time to grind the money, weapons and experience.

Yes. Yes I was. :D 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

IT.IS.DONE.

Nice one! :cool::bowdown:

What was your team/gear/tactics? Asking... for a friend. :heh:

• Haha 2

Sign in to follow this